Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs need a NEW MLB « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#120 : August 25, 2010, 01:41:34 PM

Defensive end is the weakest position on the entire roster.   It's mainly the DT's responsibility to stuff the run up the middle.   Where have they been?   Oh ya, sucking worse than Ruud ever dreamed of sucking.

Kyle Moore has flashed in preseason, Stylez has been invisible, Michael Bennett has really flashed as well. McCoy is already commanding a double team. If you actually watched this team play instead of watching Tim Tebow take 4th quarter snaps maybe you would see that.

Ruud really needs to step his game up because he is not playing as well as he can. From what I've seen so far you have to argue that hes one of the 5 best starters on our defense. I dont think he is anymore.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#121 : August 25, 2010, 02:21:57 PM

Defensive end is the weakest position on the entire roster. It's mainly the DT's responsibility to stuff the run up the middle. Where have they been? Oh ya, sucking worse than Ruud ever dreamed of sucking.
What does the DE's being the weakest position on the roster have to do with Ruud, getting owned by fullbacks?

Let me know if there is any correlation between the two before you start typing out of your fanny.

Wolf

Rookie

#122 : August 25, 2010, 03:20:52 PM

Steve White seems to have a different opinion of the situation:

http://passingonthegame.blogspot.com/2010/08/quick-note.html

I love this team, and would cheer them even if Leeman Bennett was coaching Alvin Harper and Eric Curry.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#123 : August 25, 2010, 05:09:00 PM

Steve White seems to have a different opinion of the situation:

http://passingonthegame.blogspot.com/2010/08/quick-note.html

Yeah good article. Basically the same take i've had....especailly the bit about Ruud having to cover other people's butts(Geno mostly, Black occassionally) when they make the wrong move....then people complain when Ruud makes the tackle 5 yards down the field when it's not even a play in his gap. Most of the Ruud-haters watch on Sundays and have no idea what they're watching.

JDrew

Rookie

#124 : August 25, 2010, 05:16:40 PM

Defensive end is the weakest position on the entire roster.   It's mainly the DT's responsibility to stuff the run up the middle.   Where have they been?   Oh ya, sucking worse than Ruud ever dreamed of sucking.

Whoa! defensive about your end?! You love being stuffed up in the middle?! Where has your boyfriend been!? You've Dreamed about sucking ruud?!

Oh You nasty!

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#125 : August 25, 2010, 05:33:39 PM

Perhaps, but I think DE is a bigger need. CB might be as well, depends on how Myron Lewis turns out. Biggers is a good fit at nickel but I'm not sure how I'd feel about him replacing Barber. So I'd like to keep him where he's at and either put Lewis in there or find someone better when Barber decides it's time to go.

Ruud has his weak points to be sure, but I think some on this board exaggerate it quite a bit. Not sure why, as he's nowhere in the league of fail that other "popular to hate" guys like Ward and Clayton are. And besides, every single position in the first 4 rounds that we drafted(DT, WR, DT, CB, WR) were all much bigger holes, so it's not like we've been purposely ignoring it. As we've been saying for a while, this will take a few years to fix. We're probably ahead of schedule thanks to drafting, but there are still several holes that need to be filled and MLB may have to wait.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#126 : August 25, 2010, 08:50:31 PM

Steve White - who the hell is he??  Bum Ruud covering for Quincy and/or Geno PLEASE you gotta be on crack to believe that.  The  only covering Ruud does is when he puts his hands over his manhood so he does not get hit there.

Stratobuc

Starter
#127 : August 25, 2010, 10:18:34 PM

Have seen Ruud make numerous plays downfield in pass coverage, have no idea what you're talking about - so I guess that makes two of us.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#128 : August 25, 2010, 10:24:47 PM

Lets see em!!

Stratobuc

Starter
#129 : August 25, 2010, 10:31:27 PM

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs need a NEW MLB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools