Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs need a NEW MLB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 23, 2010, 08:40:30 PM

2DE's and 1MLB with the first 3 picks

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 23, 2010, 08:47:30 PM

OK I finally got a video replay of the game and watched Ruud a lot. Despite what some say in his deense about centers or FB or anyone else getting on Ruud, I watched 3 very specific plays where Ruud went UNTOUCHED. He shuffled down the line, the RB cut in and Ruud had over pursued and had to come back and make the tackle 6-8 yards down field. Again, not a single person (Chief or Buc) came within 2 feet of Ruud, he simply played it wrong.

In fact, the thing I noticed the most about Ruud play was that he does not like to get dirty. He will not plug a hole with force. Instead he tries to do some dance or junk to get around people. I don't think I saw him even try to blow up a single run. I use to support Ruud, I really did. but I think we have a simple rerun of Jamie Duncan.

But he has the year to fix it or prove otherwise. But I think MLB could be a top 3 pick next year.

I've been saying this for almost 2 years.

51 =  **CENSORED**.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 23, 2010, 09:16:13 PM

Greg Jones should be a Buccaneer
great player and very athletic.  but he isn't the most physical or biggest MLB.  doesn't shed blocks well either.  are we really solving our problems drafting him in the 1st?  Any of you SEC fans have an opinion on the LSU and Auburn?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 23, 2010, 10:00:04 PM

I'm curious to see how Don'ta Hightower does this year returning from injury.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 23, 2010, 10:12:46 PM

when did people start hatin' on Ruud?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 23, 2010, 10:23:34 PM

When we watched him, vs. read the box score.

john.matincheck

Starter

#36 : August 23, 2010, 10:31:59 PM

When we watched him, vs. read the box score.

It's no coincidence that the Bucs Run D has been suspect for as long as Ruud has been the starting MLB. He's certainly not the only problem but he shouldn't be considered a solution either.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 23, 2010, 10:41:04 PM

Ya, Ruud is the biggest weakness on the D.    It's not as if the DE's are pathetic or Ronde Barber is about to retire or anything like that.   

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 23, 2010, 10:43:42 PM

Ya, Ruud is the biggest weakness on the D.    It's not as if the DE's are pathetic or Ronde Barber is about to retire or anything like that.   

Barber made a tackle near the line of scrimmage when he was lined up in the box.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 23, 2010, 11:26:12 PM

This is most likely Barber's last season.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 23, 2010, 11:46:39 PM

Bum is playing like he does not want to be here and honestly I don't want him here either.  You know for a so-called great MLB you would think he can make at least one play every now and then as hell as often as teams run at him you would think he would be in position.  Looking back at the film I see where Ruud actually runs away from the play and you can see his lips moving saying "Damn it Raheem, what are you trying to do to me, you know I don't like to tackle, I like to jump on the pile and hear people say Ruuuuuuud".  Hopefully someday Ruud will have the runs and not be able to get out of the way as unfortunately this will be the only time he actually makes a play head on!!

Someone asked when all the hate on Ruud began - ah well when was the first time he played??

I just can't get this song outta my mind "Dude looks like a lady" when I see Ruud.

What a waste - Ruud I hear you read the message boards so hopefully you have had the opportunity to read some of my posts and if not let me simplify things for ya:

Dont let the door hit ya where you spend most of your time - PLEASE leave SOON!!!  Dude just for once be a man, step up and show us you have some pride!!!

wyla86

Second String

#41 : August 23, 2010, 11:52:06 PM

i totally agree i believe it is time to move on to a new MLB.... Ruud has played well for us...... but its time for us to move on to a new middle linebacker.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 23, 2010, 11:55:21 PM

Ruud and playing well should never go in the same sentence and I know some of you are probably saying damn Samari why you being so hard on Ruud, dont you know he lead the team in tackles and he has like 200 of them last year.  Maybe you are right, maybe I should lighten up on the guy as after all he gets his behind kicked enough that way it is so why pile on - ah what the hell, Ruud you SUCK!!  I can't wait until your sorry behind enters/leaves the stadium after another sucky game against Cleveland as although I am not sure yet what I will do I am working on some things and dont worry unlike you I will come strong!!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 24, 2010, 12:17:24 AM

Ya, Ruud is the biggest weakness on the D. It's not as if the DE's are pathetic or Ronde Barber is about to retire or anything like that.
Yeah the DE's are the BIGGEST reason why teams can run up the middle against us.

::)

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#44 : August 24, 2010, 05:40:10 AM

Who would have thought Barrett would be our worst starting linebacker? He definitely needs to step his game up. The team is sending him a message.. we got you playmakers in front of you and if you want to get paid, stop the run. Teams are going to want to test him and test our young tackles, he needs to step up.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs need a NEW MLB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools