Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What about JaMarcus Russell? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

IDontNeedaName

Second String

: March 15, 2007, 05:20:47 PM

IMO if Cj goes to Oakland, Russell will land in a Browns jersey.

T

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 15, 2007, 05:22:33 PM

Bucs don't  have the luxury of taking a QB with poor work ethic, and got tons of hype thrown on him for beating a over rated Notre Dame team. Quinn is still the best QB in this draft.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 15, 2007, 05:23:03 PM

I agree,Savage told Russell to enter the draft.. He likes him a whole lot...

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

nflinsider

Starter

#3 : March 15, 2007, 06:35:18 PM

If the trade of Moss to GreenBay in exchange for Aaron Rogers goes thru, it appears that Calvin Johnson may be the choice of Oakland.

So would it be out of question for the Bucs to draft Russell to sit behind Garcia this year?

NFL Network showed Russell working out yesterday. He ran a 4.8 40 and dropped about 10 pounds. The real buzz was how strong this guy is. Even if Oakland trades Moss in exchange for Rogers, I still think they will draft Russell.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#4 : March 15, 2007, 06:14:12 PM

I agree,Savage told Russell to enter the draft.. He likes him a whole lot...

I still think they would pick Quinn over Russell.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#5 : March 15, 2007, 04:17:26 PM

If the trade of Moss to GreenBay in exchange for Aaron Rogers goes thru, it appears that Calvin Johnson may be the choice of Oakland.

So would it be out of question for the Bucs to draft Russell to sit behind Garcia this year?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#6 : March 15, 2007, 09:56:59 PM

Bucs don't have the luxury of taking a QB with poor work ethic, and got tons of hype thrown on him for beating a over rated Notre Dame team. Quinn is still the best QB in this draft.

You my friend are an idiot.  Do you even watch the games?

poor work ethic?  LMAO!  The guy improved every year at LSU, you don't do that with poor work ethic.  And Russell isn't just getting "hype" because of the ND game.  He is getting hype because he is the complete package.  Strong, ACCURATE arm.  Can make ANY throw on the field.  Doesn't buckle when pressured (like QUINN does).  Doesn't struggle when facing a rush, like Quinn does.  He is 6'6 256 and is a LOAD to bring down.  He can read defenses well.  Has great footwork.  Can throw the ball 60 yards flicking his wrist.  He is a freak at QB. 

Don't speak on a guy when you obviously haven't watched him nor know anything about him. 

IF CJ and JT are gone when we pick, and Russell is there, we would be STUPID not to take him given our QB situation long term.  Russell will be a STAR in this league.  Bank it.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 15, 2007, 10:01:34 PM

Aaron Rodgers?  Come on he's a career backup.  I don't see how that is a solution for the Raiders but who knows.  I'll believe it when I see it. At that point yeah if a trade goes down it would be pretty pointless to trade for Rodgers and then pick Russell or Quinn.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 15, 2007, 10:02:55 PM

Bucs don't have the luxury of taking a QB with poor work ethic, and got tons of hype thrown on him for beating a over rated Notre Dame team. Quinn is still the best QB in this draft.

While some might think Quinn better Russell, DR is a quality QB physically.  To me the only thing I would need to know is his capacity to learn and successfully implement an NFL offense.  The comments about the work ethic have been demonstrated to be incorrect over the past two years.  An old and baseless charge.  And his success in the SEC speak volumnes more than the walkover defeat of Notre Dame.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 15, 2007, 10:33:28 PM

If it works out in a way that Thomas and CJ are both off the board when we pick...I will say with 90% certainty that we take either Russell or Quinn.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 15, 2007, 11:18:59 PM

And I am good with that, esp Russell assuming the coaches are fine with his ability to learn and operate the offense productively.  He really is a physical freak with that size at QB.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#11 : March 16, 2007, 12:33:34 AM

I would rather have Quinn than Russell, Quinn fits better here and imo will be a better pro

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 16, 2007, 12:37:07 AM

NFL Network showed Russell working out yesterday. He ran a 4.8 40 and dropped about 10 pounds. The real buzz was how strong this guy is. Even if Oakland trades Moss in exchange for Rogers, I still think they will draft Russell.

i don't think any organization should factor in the presence of aaron rodgers when faced with the #1 pick in the draft.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 16, 2007, 12:40:07 AM

Quinn or Russell?? I think either one will work out in Tampa. Givin that CJ and JT are gone. I wouldn't be pissed if we drafted a "franchise" QB if one was there for us.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 16, 2007, 08:08:43 AM

We don't need Russell. We have Bruce Eugene. Swap their schools, same result, only Eugene would be getting all of the attention.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What about JaMarcus Russell? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools