Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lawrence Timmons struggles it seems at pro day « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Fresh

Hall of Famer

: March 15, 2007, 05:41:13 PM

If he drops to 35,it wouldn't be an bad idea to take him.
I wouldn't want to waste an early 2nd on a guy who could not properly prepare himself for his biggest job interview of his life. What makes you think he will work to a level we need him to, to be a successful NFL player after he gets paid? If he can't work hard before he gets the money, I don't expect him to work hard after it.
I dunno, all I know is that the kid can play.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : March 15, 2007, 05:35:35 PM

I wouldn't want to waste  an early 2nd on a guy who could not properly prepare himself for his biggest job interview of his life. What makes you think he will work to a level we need him to, to be a successful NFL player after he gets paid? If he can't work hard before he gets the money, I don't expect him to work hard after it.

T

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 15, 2007, 05:20:33 PM

He wasn't in shape at the combine or his Pro-Day?? What does it take to motivate this guy? I like to root for the Florida schools prospects to do well in the NFL but this guy needs to get his stuff together.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 15, 2007, 06:11:22 PM

I wouldn't want to waste an early 2nd on a guy who could not properly prepare himself for his biggest job interview of his life. What makes you think he will work to a level we need him to, to be a successful NFL player after he gets paid? If he can't work hard before he gets the money, I don't expect him to work hard after it.
In college!!! The men he will be playing against in the NFL are professionals who train hard everyday to better themselves and the team around them.
No sh!t capt.obvious
Obvious? You said he could play. Can he?

To top that, you started off your post with "I dunno." If you don't know, then it's not obvious.
I said he can play. I dunno to this question you asked,"What makes you think he will work to a level we need him to, to be a successful NFL player after he gets paid?". Before the combine and workout this guy was top 20 pick... So im guessing he can't play then since he won't be a hard worker.. At this point him being lazy is good enough for him to start over Nece.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : March 15, 2007, 06:05:55 PM

In college!!! The men he will be playing against in the NFL are professionals who train hard everyday to better themselves and the team around them.
No sh!t capt.obvious

To top that, you started off your post with "I dunno." If you don't know, then it's not obvious.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 15, 2007, 06:03:22 PM

No sh!t capt.obvious

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : March 15, 2007, 05:53:05 PM

dm4bucs

Starter
#7 : March 15, 2007, 04:23:06 PM

LB Lawrence Timmons, who left FSU after his junior season, was hoping to improve on his pedestrian 4.6 40-yard dash time from the NFL Combine. But he reportedly ran a 4.63 on his first attempt and a 4.66 on his second. Timmons also participated in positional drills and looked good. However, he was obviously struggling to catch his breath in between repetitions, prompting an interesting post-workout exchange. Timmons' agent, Drew Rosenhaus (notorious for his most famous client, Terrell Owens) assured new Pittsburgh Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin that Timmons would "be in shape by minicamp."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_fsu/2007/03/meanwhile_back_.html

Could become a very good player in our system and has probably dropped out of the first round, but we'll see...

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 15, 2007, 05:00:00 PM

klb55

Starter

#9 : March 15, 2007, 05:09:27 PM

I cannot believe this guy is not in shape for his pro day.  He very well could have cost himself a lot of money.  What will he do once he has a lot of money?  This information has made me change my mind.  I'd pass on Timmons.  I wouldn't waste either 2nd round pick on an individual that cannot get motivated for the most important day of his career.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 16, 2007, 01:10:23 AM

No sh!t capt.obvious

I said he can play. I dunno to this question you asked,"What makes you think he will work to a level we need him to, to be a successful NFL player after he gets paid?". Before the combine and workout this guy was top 20 pick... So im guessing he can't play then since he won't be a hard worker.. At this point him being lazy is good enough for him to start over Nece.
Nece would kick Timmons in the grill and tell him to watch how Pros do it...

Timmons right now is nothing compared to Nece.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 16, 2007, 01:26:11 AM

Yea while Nece is getting smoked constantly Coach will be yelling at Timmons to put his helmet on...Sorry Nece is an average player that a team will always want to replace.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 16, 2007, 01:31:03 AM

Yea while Nece is getting smoked constantly Coach will be yelling at Timmons to put his helmet on...Sorry Nece is an average player that a team will always want to replace.
Looks like Timmons is going to have a rough go of it based on those numbers.

Of course, a PRO DAY workout shouldn't mean much right?  Meanwhile, Nece has been a starter on the number 1 ranked defense in the NFL...

He may be average, but he is a part of a unit that was once considered elite.  I certainly don't blame him for that downfall...

Nece getting smoked constantly?  What Bucs team do you watch bro? 

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 16, 2007, 01:54:20 AM

I watched him get smoked constantly in '06. Maybe it was because he had to cover too much field considering our safeties were never in position. I like Nece but the reason you never hear his name is because he doesn't make great plays. But he doesn't make a whole lot of bad ones either, except for a few times up on the line where he missed a takle on a run that went for 20+ yards. See Atl, Bal, Cin, Atl again, Car, and NYG. That's what I saw buddy

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 16, 2007, 01:55:55 AM

I watched him get smoked constantly in '06. Maybe it was because he had to cover too much field considering our safeties were never in position. I like Nece but the reason you never hear his name is because he doesn't make great plays. But he doesn't make a whole lot of bad ones either, except for a few times up on the line where he missed a takle on a run that went for 20+ yards.
Aside from Barber, pretty much the whole team got smoked that year Jam.  Nece is all that the BUcs need at Strongside...either that or Winborn will supplant him.

I am not impressed with Timmons.  At all.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lawrence Timmons struggles it seems at pro day « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools