Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Schein says Bucs in NFL basement AND... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#105 : August 25, 2010, 04:49:49 PM

"I'll take the guys we have now over any Gruden had based simply on expectations. We finally have some."

Like we didn't expect good things from the likes of Brooks, Sapp, Lynch, Barber, Galloway and Ike? Now do I agree, the TALENT level MIGHT have risen (towards the future) but does nothing for immediate gratification, which is why it's called the "what have you done lately-league." Now, if you are on the bandwagon that believes that Gru couldn't/wouldn't bring in as much young talent, you would probably be right. Afterall, he liked vets at the NFL level and didn't do too well in his high-round pickups, but to say the guys we have now are better, ... I don't think so.

On a side note, Brooks should have stayed for the transition of coaches anyway, regardless of playing time. If not, he should've at least been asked to be the DC if the owners were so sure of Rah being the HC.

Funny thing about expectations though... Once lowered, you can't raise the bar too high. 3-13 to 6-10 is now acceptable? I don't know man... If we're having problems filling stands now, what does that say about consecutive 3-13/6-10 seasons? I don't think the Bucs franchise could survive the crap the KC fans had to deal with for years. Half the people here in FL support either the dolphins, like some other sport, or are from some other place, bringing their crap-team-love along with them. (I almost blame them for the Bucs lack of seat sales). If that team/place is so great, go, stay there.

It feels like we're chopping our noses off to spite our faces. At least I get the feeling that Dom recognises true talent, so the Glazers might actually have hit on that one. All we can do now is hope that these young guys they've invested in will turn into the next version of the "Patriot dynasty" (without the cheating).

...Here's to hoping Dom's crystal ball isn't blacked-out too.

I was really referring to the QB position since the previous question was about that position. The players you mentioned were either left over from Dungy or cast-offs from other teams. They were also closer to the end than the beginning of their careers. It was a mistake to let Sapp and Lynch go. Sapp had 10 sacks for Oakland one year and Lynch went to Hawaii while with Denver. As for our present DT situation, who wouldn't choose McCoy, and Miller/Price over Hovan and Sims? Gruden had a thousand yard receiver every year, but he never had a second receiver that was any where close. You can have Galloway and Ike. I'll take the potential of this corps of receivers, not even knowing who will make the final roster.

Gruden cashed in on the talent he had in 2002, and then he squandered it. Not a good plan. From what we have all seen so far, Morris and Dominik have something of an opposite approach in mind. You might not need shades this year(no playoffs), but save up and buy some good ones. I have a feeling they're going to need to last for a long long time.

pewterpirates

Starter
#106 : August 25, 2010, 05:05:15 PM

Who's Adam Schein?
+1

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

NFCSouthChamps2008

Practice Squad

#107 : August 25, 2010, 05:07:30 PM

the TALENT level MIGHT have risen (towards the future) but does nothing for immediate gratification, which is why it's called the "what have you done lately-league."

This is one of the dumbest statements I've ever read here.  That's a complete misinterpretation of that description of the NFL.  Its called the "what have you done lately-league" because of coaches like Gruden, not Morris, who think they should remain on a team because they won a Superbowl.

That statement has no correlation to the current Bucs.  

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#108 : August 26, 2010, 11:19:24 AM

the TALENT level MIGHT have risen (towards the future) but does nothing for immediate gratification, which is why it's called the "what have you done lately-league."

This is one of the dumbest statements I've ever read here.  That's a complete misinterpretation of that description of the NFL.  Its called the "what have you done lately-league" because of coaches like Gruden, not Morris, who think they should remain on a team because they won a Superbowl.

That statement has no correlation to the current Bucs. 

Of course it has no correlation to the Bucs right now. It's all growth at the moment.

And I think you misunderstood me. I was referring to the fans and what they might think.

Every team ebbs and flows regarding fairweather fans. Problem is, they all need them. In the NFL, that IS what drives. "To the winner goes the spoils" as they say. Don't blame the messanger, man.

(And for the record. I was fine with Gruden being fired, as long as they would've replaced him with someone with actual HC experience of some sort..)

kbl11

Starter

#109 : August 26, 2010, 12:07:10 PM

So the only comments here are that he was wrong on Mike Williams?   How about the Bucs sucking and Heemy being in over his head?   I guess those are just givens.

its clear he didnt try half as hard as you to hate the bucs

You could clearly give many more examples than he couldve

My problem is he clearly just threw a few thinngs out there that sounded good to him, with clearly no REAL insight. Basically what 99% of national commentators do. to them lying or making somethin up or giving an uninformed opinion and sounding stupid, is better than saying i dont know
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Schein says Bucs in NFL basement AND... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools