Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Schein says Bucs in NFL basement AND... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 24, 2010, 01:29:55 AM

So the only comments here are that he was wrong on Mike Williams?   How about the Bucs sucking and Heemy being in over his head?   I guess those are just givens.

I think Adam Schein is over his head.....so it all evens out.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 24, 2010, 01:38:09 AM

So the only comments here are that he was wrong on Mike Williams?   How about the Bucs sucking and Heemy being in over his head?   I guess those are just givens.
i guess i felt i didn't need to dignify such bull crappery with a response.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 24, 2010, 02:35:51 AM

Man... I need to jump on this "getting paid for being wrong" business.

How can anyone seriously look around the league and think the Bucs are going to be the worst team?

I can name a LOT of teams that the Bucs are better off than right at this point.

Can't wait for this team to prove these idiots wrong.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 24, 2010, 02:40:39 AM

The "talent" on the Bucs is not the worst.   Heemy is the worst HC in the league however.    The team with the same talent would go 9-7 under Gruden but 3-13 under Heemy.    There's a chance the Bucs will finish as the worst team in the NFL.   I don't think they will - but if Freeman is out for the year, they may not win a game.

wyla86

Second String

#19 : August 24, 2010, 02:51:14 AM

wow.... thats sad..... i believe the Bucs are going to have to grind hard the entire season... but 1st overall pick i cant see happening... maybe im just a Bucs fan but i thought reporters need to do research? This dude hasn't done any research! Our defence and Offense are going be way better then last year plus a easier schedule... But i do agree that this needs to be shown to the Bucs players! this can be inspriation for the season and after the season  Adam Schein should be fired! GO BUCS

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#20 : August 24, 2010, 03:12:24 AM

The "talent" on the Bucs is not the worst.   Heemy is the worst HC in the league however.    The team with the same talent would go 9-7 under Gruden but 3-13 under Heemy.    There's a chance the Bucs will finish as the worst team in the NFL.   I don't think they will - but if Freeman is out for the year, they may not win a game.

Raheem is far from the worst HC in football. We get it, you hate the guy, but he is definitely not the worst. Inexperienced? Sure. Worst? Not even close. I still believe last year under Gruden we would been 4-12 and said that during the 2008 season when Gruden was still the coach. There is a chance that ANY team will finish as the worst, but there is no way this is it.

And if you would take the time to find out something about the Bucs instead of being so caught up in the Broncos, Jets, and Saints, you would know that Freeman is not going to miss any regular season games, so I have no clue where you get that he is going to miss the season.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 24, 2010, 03:48:49 AM

He's saying that when you have a rookie as your #1 WR, that shows that your receiving corp sucks.

And Freeman hasnt proven anything. He's all hype right now. I've heard the same crap about Chris Simms and Shaun King about how they were going to be franchise QBs.

If the other WRs suck, Freeman is crap, and the defense looks no better....We arnt going to be any better than last year. And this is a possibility.

And Freeman going into the regular season having only thrown 8 passes in the pre-season is a huge setback for a team that needed to come out of preseason strong. And Price and McCoy obviously need a lot of work still.

It is NOT going to be a good year.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#22 : August 24, 2010, 05:26:54 AM

The only bad thing anyone can even think of is how young this team is, and I'm not so sure thats a bad thing. The Packers have had the youngest team in football for 5 straight years and they have been fine. Who the hell cares if our best receiver is a rookie? Thats a credit to him and how hard he has worked. Rookie or not, he has worked his ass off and he is producing at a high level on the field. We have barely seen Winslow on the field with him too.

The defense doesnt look any better? God forbid the Chiefs score a TD on a short field. Oh noes! This defense has serious talent and they are gaining experience, they were atrocious last year but they are going to be much improved this year, that has already shown itself.

There is way too much exaggeration of preseason around here. Just because Free isnt getting reps in the last 2 preseason games does not mean he will have a bad year. Does it suck? Yea, but it doesnt take away all the reps he took in OTAs and in training camp. It's not like he cant find other things to do. He can work on his footwork and keep his conditioning up on the field and off the field he can get a head start on preparing for the Browns.

I'm not suprised about your outlook on this season cyberdude, you are a sad pessimist who never sees anything positive out of anything, only the negative. Nobody is talking about winning a super bowl here, not many are even talking about the playoffs. This is about building something special and building a powerhouse. It's not going to happen in a year or 2.

You guys can keep **CENSORED**ing about the team now, but I'm STOKED about the potential of being the only team in the NFC South with the ability to contend every single season.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 24, 2010, 06:14:01 AM

Its not the youth I have an issue with. It's the ownership which has shown no interest in spending money and a coaching staff that has little to no experience.

There is no veteran leadership on this team. There is no veteran experience in the coaching staff or front office that knows how to build a team. You got a head coach who was promoted from being a DB coach. You got a O.C. in his first real year with a QB that hasnt yet played a full year throwing to a bunch of young, undevelped WRs.

And then you wonder why analysts think this is a recipe for disaster?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 24, 2010, 06:18:16 AM

Young players have never won a championship.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 24, 2010, 06:43:11 AM

I would be more comfortable with a coach that has built a team before or someone in the front office that has built a team before. Im simply not convinced anyone in this organization has any idea what the hell they are doing.

We dont even have a legitimate back-up QB. If Freeman goes down for the year; if we lose a key defense player; if we lose Winslow or Cadilac to injury or lose a key offensive lineman........we may not win another game all year. That's how many eggs we have in 1 basket. We have absolutely no depth at any position. We got nearly 20 players scheduled to be UFAs at the end of the year.

We arnt building anything. This is a franchise that is on the cheap because we have an ownership that is in debt up to their eyeballs. And they hope this little "rebuilding project" will provide some cheap payrolls for a few years to when the economy might improve.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 24, 2010, 07:33:19 AM

I would be more comfortable with a coach that has built a team before or someone in the front office that has built a team before. Im simply not convinced anyone in this organization has any idea what the hell they are doing.

We dont even have a legitimate back-up QB. If Freeman goes down for the year; if we lose a key defense player; if we lose Winslow or Cadilac to injury or lose a key offensive lineman........we may not win another game all year. That's how many eggs we have in 1 basket. We have absolutely no depth at any position. We got nearly 20 players scheduled to be UFAs at the end of the year.

Our backup QB in 2006 was Bruce Freakin' Gradkowski, who ended up starting most of the season....but wait, that was when we had a coach who had built a team before and someone in the front office who had built a team before. You're right. I would be much more comfortable if we had that again.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 24, 2010, 08:03:10 AM

I'm not suprised about your outlook on this season cyberdude, you are a sad pessimist who never sees anything positive out of anything, only the negative. Nobody is talking about winning a super bowl here, not many are even talking about the playoffs. This is about building something special and building a powerhouse. It's not going to happen in a year or 2.

How does this statement necessarily conflict with cyber's? Seriously, I think we could suck rocks this year because we're relying on too many rookies to contribute BUT I think we've got a lot of long-term potential that has me excited about the future.

BTW, anyone who doesn't mention the words "Buffalo" and "Bills" when talking about the #1 pick hasn't been paying attention.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#28 : August 24, 2010, 08:30:36 AM

Young players have never won a championship.

But if Tim Tebow were here, THAT young player would lead us to a title immediately. Right...?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 24, 2010, 08:30:47 AM

Great locker room bulletin board material

Agreed...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adam Schein says Bucs in NFL basement AND... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools