Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking: Bucs bringing in Saints DE Charles Grant for a visit! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #120 : March 16, 2007, 05:07:31 PM »

Relax.  Rich McKay is in Atlanta now.

Can't relax now, I'm only a half hour away from that Ontario Hooters...  ;D

saintsdiehard783

Practice Squad

« #121 : March 16, 2007, 05:08:52 PM »

Look guys, I can tell yall two things: 1) No way can the Bucs be dumb enough to give up 2 1st round picks & 2) The Saints will not trade him for a 3rd rounder this year and a conditional in 2008. If that was the proposal, don't you think at least one of the other 30 teams in the NFL would match that deal? The Saints would not give him up for such a low deal to a DIVISION RIVAL! I don't think they would trade him for that low of a proposal to begin with, but definately not to a team in the division.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #122 : March 16, 2007, 05:08:57 PM »

Can't relax now, I'm only a half hour away from that Ontario Hooters... ;D

What's taking you so long, RA?  Never even noticed it was a Canadian Hooters.  Guess I should have paid closer attention...

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #123 : March 16, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »

It sounds to me like Grant will be a Buc in '07. If I were a Saints fan, I wouldn't want him back. If he was a Buc and seeking an offer from another dision rival, I would make him walk the plank, arrgh!!

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #124 : March 16, 2007, 05:13:53 PM »

What's taking you so long, RA?  Never even noticed it was a Canadian Hooters.  Guess I should have paid closer attention...

Actually, if you look closer, that's Ontario California. About an hour east of LA.

If I wasn't at work, I'd be on my way. As it is, looks like I might be lunching there tomorrow..  :P

saintsdiehard783

Practice Squad

« #125 : March 16, 2007, 05:15:16 PM »

Hows this for a fair trade: a player and the 35th overall pick, maybe throw the 64th in there? The player would need to cover a Saint need, like Michael Clayton or Rhonde Barber, Brian Kelly.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #126 : March 16, 2007, 05:15:54 PM »

Look guys, I can tell yall two things: 1) No way can the Bucs be dumb enough to give up 2 1st round picks & 2) The Saints will not trade him for a 3rd rounder this year and a conditional in 2008. If that was the proposal, don't you think at least one of the other 30 teams in the NFL would match that deal? The Saints would not give him up for such a low deal to a DIVISION RIVAL! I don't think they would trade him for that low of a proposal to begin with, but definately not to a team in the division.

That's pretty much the consensus.

Congrats on a great season, Saint fan..

wc24

Second String

« #127 : March 16, 2007, 05:26:16 PM »

Hows this for a fair trade: a player and the 35th overall pick, maybe throw the 64th in there? The player would need to cover a Saint need, like Michael Clayton or Rhonde Barber, Brian Kelly.

Too much.

Abraham got the Jets the 29th pick. Grant's not going to get the Saints more than that.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #128 : March 16, 2007, 05:32:39 PM »

Too much.

Abraham got the Jets the 29th pick. Grant's not going to get the Saints more than that.

that sounds about right as far as competsation is concerned but Grant is a much better DE than Abraham.

saintsdiehard783

Practice Squad

« #129 : March 16, 2007, 05:43:53 PM »

Dude, Grant is 2 years yonger than Abraham and he has never had any issues with injury. I just don't see the Saints giving him up for just the 35th pick. Say the Saints draft Jarvis Moss, LaMarr Woodley, Anthony Spencer, Tim Crowder, or Charles Johnson (DE-Georgia), none of these players would be upgrades from Grant. So why would the Saints make that trade? Maybe if the 64th pick was thrown in.

wc24

Second String

« #130 : March 16, 2007, 05:44:02 PM »

Too much.

that sounds about right as far as competsation is concerned but Grant is a much better DE than Abraham.

I disagree with that completely. If your referring to durability then that's certainly a factor. Effectiveness when on the field...no way.

wc24

Second String

« #131 : March 16, 2007, 05:46:47 PM »

Dude, Grant is 2 years yonger than Abraham and he has never had any issues with injury. I just don't see the Saints giving him up for just the 35th pick. Say the Saints draft Jarvis Moss, LaMarr Woodley, Anthony Spencer, or Charles Johnson (DE-Georgia), none of these players would be upgrades from Grant. So why would the Saints make that trade? Maybe if the 64th pick was thrown in.

You may not see it but that seems to be what DE cost in terms of trade. Abraham last year got a #29 pick. Ogunleye got a MOR WR and a 3rd rounder. Grant getting the #35 is reasonable comp.
  Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking: Bucs bringing in Saints DE Charles Grant for a visit! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools