Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking: Bucs bringing in Saints DE Charles Grant for a visit! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #15 : March 15, 2007, 10:10:54 PM »

Keep Rice,cut Spires. Spires cannot pass rush on passing downs

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #16 : March 15, 2007, 10:13:15 PM »

That would be fine adw, but please get that in writing bc I don't see it happening.  And I would be fine with that if Grant is above average, and we find someone better to fill in the other DE.  But if not, 20 mil for DEs is too much - unless they are elite - and these guys aren't that.  And 16 mil for two average to just better than average DEs is not much better Fresh. 

And I do agree with spending on the lines - I think Chev said it - and I paraphrase - if my big fatties beat up your big fatties I will win the game.  I do believe that is more true every time I watch a game.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #17 : March 15, 2007, 10:13:37 PM »

If the Bucs sign Grant, Allen can work his deal to be under the cap.  That won't be the problem.  And yeah that could mean Rice's time is up.  So as a Rice substitute its probably not a bad deal, and we can get the draft pick back for Rice.  The problem would come down the road if we had to backload too much.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #18 : March 15, 2007, 10:17:29 PM »

If the Bucs trade for Grant, it will be with a new, re-worked contract.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #19 : March 15, 2007, 10:18:14 PM »

BK for Grant?  Saints need a corner...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #20 : March 15, 2007, 10:20:01 PM »

BK for Grant?  Saints need a corner...

I don't think BK is worth that to the Saints considering his injury history.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #21 : March 15, 2007, 10:25:44 PM »

If he is healthy they are getting the better player imho Leeroy.  Frankly, I would rather have BK, and find a DT not a DE.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #22 : March 15, 2007, 10:26:39 PM »

BK for Grant?  Saints need a corner...

That would be a fair trade, but we can't afford to lose Brian Kelly.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #23 : March 15, 2007, 10:27:30 PM »

I think they'll trade picks, not a player.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #24 : March 15, 2007, 10:28:38 PM »

I really don't see us trading with the Saints. There has to be something else to this....

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #25 : March 15, 2007, 10:28:44 PM »

I think they'll trade picks, not a player.

Same with me.  I don't think that the Bucs are looking to give up Brian Kelly or Simeon Rice rather than a draft pick.

shall555

Starter

« #26 : March 15, 2007, 10:29:40 PM »

If we can work a trade using our low 2nd and 4th rounder, in essence, we'd be trading Booger and a 4th for Grant. This is a more realistic option than 2 #1s, since it looks like the Saints just wanted to get something for nothing. They were losing Grant anyway. He's not a franchise caliber DE and shouldn't be paid like one. They have Will Smith and a couple of DEs that they like in Cooper and Whitehead. I could see a reasonable trade for Grant going down.

Divisional rivals do make trades every now and then.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #27 : March 15, 2007, 10:33:24 PM »

If we can work a trade using our low 2nd and 4th rounder, in essence, we'd be trading Booger and a 4th for Grant. This is a more realistic option than 2 #1s, since it looks like the Saints just wanted to get something for nothing. They were losing Grant anyway. He's not a franchise caliber DE and shouldn't be paid like one. They have Will Smith and a couple of DEs that they like in Cooper and Whitehead. I could see a reasonable trade for Grant going down.

Divisional rivals do make trades every now and then.

That would be a good trade that I think the Saints would except.  They don't really have a need for Charles Grant anyway.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #28 : March 15, 2007, 10:36:29 PM »

If he is healthy they are getting the better player imho Leeroy. Frankly, I would rather have BK, and find a DT not a DE.

I would too.  Think of this... what if we could get Grant for BK and then Shaun Rogers for Simeon?  I'd have to do that.  Obviously just speculation, but these deals aren't out of the realm of possibility.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #29 : March 15, 2007, 10:40:20 PM »

The Bucs could afford to cut Spires and re-do Grant's contract and still come in at the same cap number or less. Since the Bucs have two second round picks in this draft, giving up their third or fourth round pick wouldn't be out of the question, IMO.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking: Bucs bringing in Saints DE Charles Grant for a visit! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools