Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking: Bucs bringing in Saints DE Charles Grant for a visit! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 15, 2007, 11:09:06 PM

Itch - 9+ for Rice, 4 mill I believe for Spires, 7+ mill for Grant - 20 mil in DEs and not an elite one in the group. That is about 20% of the cap. Too much for me.

You think Simeon Rice isn't an elite DE? He's the most prototypical Right End in the NFL. He leads the NFL among active sack leaders. He's about to break LeRoy Selmons franchise sack record(In 6 whole years, I mean 5.5). He had 15.5 sacks(NFC leader) with six forced fumbles(NFC leader of D-lineman) just 13 oh so short months ago. No, he's not gonna be great with bums around him who can't draw double teams and the RB chip block as he does every pass play. With SOME talent around, he will get his 15 sacks a season. GODDAMN brotha his fu*kin' shoulder was popping in and out of socket for most of last season. This guy is in phenominal shape and he's coming back next season with his job in jeopardy. I would hate to see him on Carolina's line. While your picturing that one, do you still think he isn't an elite RE?

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 15, 2007, 11:17:19 PM

Oh please.  Yes he was, now he is a DE who is nice to have, but no longer elite.  Waste your fingers on something better than this.  The man has been taking plays off for years, and now takes games off.  Yes he needs better DTs to help his production.  But quit fooling yourself - he is not a young man, and his best years are no longer in front of him. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 15, 2007, 11:21:54 PM

While I dont believe his best years are ahead of him, I wouldn't however count him out getting 15 sacks any season he plays from now on. Last time I checked 15 sacks ranks among "Elite" lineman.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 15, 2007, 11:24:52 PM

To sign a franchised player, the Bucs would have to give up 2 first rounders according to the rules. I don't see the Falcons being offered anything close to a 2nd and 4th rounder and saying "yea, ok, thats cool". Particularly to a divisional rival. If the Bucs show any real interest they are going to make them pay the price, nothing less.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 15, 2007, 11:40:15 PM

Brotha I think you mean the Saints. Not the Foulgoons.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 16, 2007, 01:06:43 AM

If he is healthy they are getting the better player imho Leeroy. Frankly, I would rather have BK, and find a DT not a DE.

I would too.  Think of this... what if we could get Grant for BK and then Shaun Rogers for Simeon?  I'd have to do that.  Obviously just speculation, but these deals aren't out of the realm of possibility.
I could live with that as well.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 16, 2007, 02:23:33 AM

S. Rogers the wide out or the underachieving DT? Bad move both players suck. Simeon will get his 15 sacks next year.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 16, 2007, 09:01:37 AM

A 3rd and a conditional.....yeah sure. The Saints are gonna go for that one. Grant isn't that good but if Wes Welker is #2 material then so is Charles Grant. No idea why they'd even do any deal with a division rival.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 16, 2007, 09:05:32 AM

I think this is more a visit for that portfolio BA likes to keep on players for future reference.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 16, 2007, 09:08:35 AM

Grant's agent, Bill Johnson, confirmed the visit, saying, "They're crazy about Charles."

Should the Buccaneers opt to sign Grant to an offer sheet that New Orleans declined to match, Tampa Bay would have to surrender two first-round picks to the Saints. Of course, the two teams also could always agree to a sign-and-trade deal, although the two teams play in the same division and New Orleans might be leery about facing the 28-year-old Grant twice a season. Nevertheless, the Buccaneers have arranged for Grant to visit Tampa Bay on Friday so that the key members of their organization will be there to meet with him. 

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 16, 2007, 09:21:59 AM

On this team Grant could be the player that the coaches wanted Dewayne White to become. He can bookend Rice until Simeon hangs it up then flop over and become the new starter there. In the meantime they draft a young player to get ready to start when Grant shifts after Rice retires.

I fully believe the Bucs are serious about making a deal. They've got an extra second round pick and I believe they're honestly very high on him.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 16, 2007, 09:39:28 AM

Bruse isn't going to sell his soul for Grant and won't give up 2 first round picks. The Bucs would have a formidable pass rush in Rice, Grant, Carter, and Hovan.

wc24

Second String

#42 : March 16, 2007, 09:46:55 AM

On this team Grant could be the player that the coaches wanted Dewayne White to become. He can bookend Rice until Simeon hangs it up then flop over and become the new starter there. In the meantime they draft a young player to get ready to start when Grant shifts after Rice retires.

I fully believe the Bucs are serious about making a deal. They've got an extra second round pick and I believe they're honestly very high on him.

I mentioned on the Insider board that one of those 2nd round picks would be somewhat equal....considering the talent levels of the two players....to what the Jets received for John Abraham last year.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 16, 2007, 09:51:16 AM

Grant won't flop over. He's an average at best pass rusher on the left side but he's way, way out of his league on the right side. He's Robin, not Batman.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 16, 2007, 09:54:12 AM

He's an average at best pass rusher on the left side but he's way, way out of his league on the left side.

Ummm, what?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breaking: Bucs bringing in Saints DE Charles Grant for a visit! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools