Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i dont want this whitewashed by the kick..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 22, 2006, 06:40:35 PM

I enjoyed the win. But most of us really want more than just a win every now and then.

If all I wanted was regular season victories then I would have pushed for Dungy to
stay here.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#46 : October 22, 2006, 06:40:49 PM

All I want to think about today is the kick................

That was a hell of a kick! You'll have kids on the school playgrounds of Tampa Bay tomorrow (probably my son included) immitating that kick.  :)

BucHarbour

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 22, 2006, 06:41:00 PM

The defense was in position on most plays, and played quite well in the first half. The second half was where the really bad tackling was a major problem. Just need to keep practicing the tackling and get that under control. It doesn't help that both safeties are having tackling problems. Get that fixed, this defense can be good, though not great.

However, let's not forget that this was the number one offense coming into town and they got some breaks with the tackling. Otherwise, we might have shut them out. So don't panic on the defense. They just need to get that tackling back to standard.

>>Ugh.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 22, 2006, 06:44:24 PM

I don't want the fact that RPC throws the term "Kool-aid" around more than Kool-Aid Man himself.

You know what... If you can't enjoy the victory for a minute than jump off the bandwagon. Quit worrying about who's drinking Kool-aid. Qut placing the blame. The fact is we won. This is the NFL. You're not going to blow-out every team, every week.

As a true Buccaneer fan, this was a great victory! If we lost, we can blame the defense. As it stands, we're 2-4 with a 2 game winning streak.

OHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

bucs8ball

Starter

#49 : October 22, 2006, 06:46:20 PM

By the way... I'd much rather be a Bucs fan today getting a victory like that, than be an Eagles fan suffering a loss in a game they should've won.

They probably feel the way I did after the Carolina game.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#50 : October 22, 2006, 06:46:53 PM

i dont want this whitewashed by the kick.....

if it wasn't for this defense we wouldn't have been in it at all ... The O looked mighty shaky today. Props to Ronde. gg

When the D looked dominant, it seemed as if Gruden really went conservative on offense, figuring the game to be a low-scoring affair.

Personally, I can't blame him. I like Gradkowski, but I just don't feel comfortable putting the foot on the gas with a rookie QB.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#51 : October 22, 2006, 06:48:29 PM

By the way... I'd much rather be a Bucs fan today getting a victory like that, than be an Eagles fan suffering a loss in a game they should've won.

They probably feel the way I did after the Carolina game.

They might understand what Cardinals' fans felt last week, and quite possibly this week.  ;)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 22, 2006, 06:50:53 PM

I may be too hard  on the defense. I loved their first half effort. I think they can pull it together.
At least I hope so. Maybe somebody slipped Kool Aid into my drink? I hope not.

I was pissed they were even trying the kick. I didn't think he had a shot after his career
long was only 52 or so. Amazing.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#53 : October 23, 2006, 07:29:05 AM

The defense was in position on most plays, and played quite well in the first half. The second half was where the really bad tackling was a major problem. Just need to keep practicing the tackling and get that under control. It doesn't help that both safeties are having tackling problems. Get that fixed, this defense can be good, though not great.

However, let's not forget that this was the number one offense coming into town and they got some breaks with the tackling. Otherwise, we might have shut them out. So don't panic on the defense. They just need to get that tackling back to standard.

I agree.

But if the starting LB's do not improve Winborn is waiting in the wings.  Spires needs to be replaced by White and Simeon is an enigma at this point in time. 

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#54 : October 23, 2006, 08:16:29 AM

Barber played well. Besides him, our defense sucked yesterday. Our offense wasn't anything to write home about, but if you were expecting huge output from them, then you ARE drinking the kool-aid by the gallons.

As a whole, our defense has sucked this year. They have made one strong showing this year, and that was against Cincy.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

#55 : October 23, 2006, 08:21:28 AM

The SCORE is all that matters.  Stats are for an interesting read, but oftentimes, stats are for losers.  Ask Philly fan.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#56 : October 23, 2006, 08:22:24 AM

Barber played well. Besides him, our defense sucked yesterday. Our offense wasn't anything to write home about, but if you were expecting huge output from them, then you ARE drinking the kool-aid by the gallons.

As a whole, our defense has sucked this year. They have made one strong showing this year, and that was against Cincy.

I don't think they sucked yesterday.  That is the number one offense in the league.  I think they had one lapse that almost cost them the game but they didn't suck...I thought they played smart and hung in there yesterday.  They still need to play 60 minutes and stop giving up the big play.  Our defense was on the field a lot yesterday.  Ronde scored twice and when the defense scores, what is their reward?  They have to go back out and do it again...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#57 : October 23, 2006, 08:48:32 AM

At some point this season changes will have to be made if the Bucs want to see an improved defensive effort.  BTW Winborn made the first tackle for the Bucs and it was on special teams.  Brilliant move by Bissacia having an All Pro LB inactive for so long up to this point.... [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]  Winborn should not be inactive from here on out I think he has earned a chance to play on gamedays.

#58 : October 23, 2006, 08:50:09 AM

Not sure Bisaccia is the one making the call on who is or isn't active week to week.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#59 : October 23, 2006, 08:54:00 AM

Not sure Bisaccia is the one making the call on who is or isn't active week to week.

He makes the recommendations.  I understand that a head coach has to have some level of trust with his assistants and delegate so the head coach can focus on other things.  But Gruden at times has too much trust and loyalty with his coaches.  Winborn made an immediate impact on special teams in the very beggining of the game.  He is a proven All Pro LB that at the very least should have been active and playing on special teams on gamedays.

If the LB's continue to miss tackles though I can see Winborn receiving his shot that is for sure.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i dont want this whitewashed by the kick..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools