Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i dont want this whitewashed by the kick..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« : October 23, 2006, 08:27:41 AM »

Barber played well. Besides him, our defense sucked yesterday. Our offense wasn't anything to write home about, but if you were expecting huge output from them, then you ARE drinking the kool-aid by the gallons.

As a whole, our defense has sucked this year. They have made one strong showing this year, and that was against Cincy.

I don't think they sucked yesterday.  That is the number one offense in the league.  I think they had one lapse that almost cost them the game but they didn't suck...I thought they played smart and hung in there yesterday.  They still need to play 60 minutes and stop giving up the big play.  Our defense was on the field a lot yesterday.  Ronde scored twice and when the defense scores, what is their reward?  They have to go back out and do it again...
Besides Barber, who played a decent game on the defensive side of the ball??

I could care less about the #1 offense BS.

On the field A LOT?? I believe TOP was pretty even.

Besides Barber, they were TERRIBLE.

200+ yards rushing. 500+ total. We couldn't stop ANYTHING.

Have we gotten to the point where allowing that kind of production is acceptable??

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #1 : October 22, 2006, 06:26:36 PM »

Just a reminder, in the second half, Philly just kept on driving the ball down the Bucs' throats. Ronde was the one who bailed the D out when he scored those two TDs. Clearly, the offense should have scored a TD or two from their long drives, but at least they kept the ball long enough for the D to get rested. Also remember, this is Jimmy Johnson blitzhappy defense against a rookie QB. The D should at least have slowed McNabb and Westbrook down. Westbrook was averaging 7 ypc.

This game was all Ronde and the secondary. Ronde's 2 TDs are blinding people from the fact that the D-line and linebackers were suckign for the most part of the game.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 22, 2006, 04:18:56 PM »

Bryant bailed the defense out. you have to able to close the deal on a 17-0 lead at home.  Yes i know that defense forced multiple turnovers. yes i know they scored two tds and the only reason we had built that lead was the defense. but there are 60 minutes in a football game and the defense folded like a cheap tent in the 2nd half. 500 total yards? 200+ yards rushing? blowing a three score second half lead? this game is right up there with ATL and NO with the number of missed tackles.  the defense deserved to be called out  by gruden last week.  they deserevd to be called out again.  Derrick Brooks had Westbrook dead to rights for an 8 yard gain and Westbrook bounced off of him like Tecmo Bowl.  I expect more out of a perennial pro bowler and team leader.   [banghead] [banghead].  If it wasn't for Bryant making a miraculous 62 yard kick, there would be a mob of vigilantes waiting for the defense in the team parking lot.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

« #3 : October 22, 2006, 04:20:56 PM »

The offense scored NO TD's They but up 9 points compared to the 14 by the D! What are you talking about! Why dont you go after the O in the same way! If anything everyone came to play exept the O. I give my props to the D today!

D and Kicker won the game!

Bryant bailed the defense out. you have to able to close the deal on a 17-0 lead at home.  Yes i now that defense forced multiple turnovers. yes i know they scored two tds and the only reason we had built that lead was the defense. but there are 60 minutes in a football game and the defense folded like a cheap tent in the 2nd half. 500 total yards?????? 200+ yards rushing???? blowing a three score second half lead???? this game is right up there with ATL and NO with the number of missed tackles.  the defense deserved to be called out  by gruden last week.  they deserevd to be called out again.  Derrick Brooks had Westbrook dead to rights for an 8 yard gain and Westbrook bounced off pf him like Tecmo Bowl.  I expect more out of a perennial pro bowler and team leader.   [banghead] [banghead].  If it wasn't for Bryant making a miraculous 62 yard kick, there would be a mob of vigilantes waiting for the defense in the team parking lot.

coopsxx

Starter
« #4 : October 22, 2006, 04:21:02 PM »

i agree but lets be honest they r the best O in the league

XXXVII Champs

Second String

« #5 : October 22, 2006, 04:21:58 PM »

The WIN is the bottomline.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 22, 2006, 04:24:42 PM »

The offense scored NO TD's They but up 9 points compared to the 14 by the D! What are you talking about! Why dont you go after the O in the same way! If anything everyone came to play exept the O. I give my props to the D today!

Bryant bailed the defense out. you have to able to close the deal on a 17-0 lead at home. Yes i now that defense forced multiple turnovers. yes i know they scored two tds and the only reason we had built that lead was the defense. but there are 60 minutes in a football game and the defense folded like a cheap tent in the 2nd half. 500 total yards?????? 200+ yards rushing???? blowing a three score second half lead???? this game is right up there with ATL and NO with the number of missed tackles. the defense deserved to be called out by gruden last week. they deserevd to be called out again. Derrick Brooks had Westbrook dead to rights for an 8 yard gain and Westbrook bounced off pf him like Tecmo Bowl. I expect more out of a perennial pro bowler and team leader. [banghead] [banghead]. If it wasn't for Bryant making a miraculous 62 yard kick, there would be a mob of vigilantes waiting for the defense in the team parking lot.

keep chugging the kool-aid.  Phili left plenty of points out there in the 1st half and continued shooting themselves in the foot.  offensively, we had a rookie qb going against a tough defense. predictably, we didn't score much but the conservative play calling chewed up plenty of clock and we didn't turn the ball over.  the table was set for the defense and they choked.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #7 : October 22, 2006, 04:25:18 PM »

I'll give my props to Ronde Barber.  I have a much harder time giving props to the defense as a whole.  Barber not only bailed out the offense, but he bailed out the defense as well.  Neither the offense or the defense as a whole have much to brag about for this game.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 22, 2006, 04:26:37 PM »

They were playing conservative because they had the lead!!!! Do you really think that if it was all up to the offense that we would have won this game???????

Bryant bailed the defense out. you have to able to close the deal on a 17-0 lead at home. Yes i now that defense forced multiple turnovers. yes i know they scored two tds and the only reason we had built that lead was the defense. but there are 60 minutes in a football game and the defense folded like a cheap tent in the 2nd half. 500 total yards?????? 200+ yards rushing???? blowing a three score second half lead???? this game is right up there with ATL and NO with the number of missed tackles. the defense deserved to be called out by gruden last week. they deserevd to be called out again. Derrick Brooks had Westbrook dead to rights for an 8 yard gain and Westbrook bounced off pf him like Tecmo Bowl. I expect more out of a perennial pro bowler and team leader. [banghead] [banghead]. If it wasn't for Bryant making a miraculous 62 yard kick, there would be a mob of vigilantes waiting for the defense in the team parking lot.

keep chugging the kool-aid.  Phili left plenty of points out there in the 1st half and continued shooting themselves in the foot.  offensively, we had a rookie qb going against a tough defense. predictably, we didn't score much but the conservative play calling chewed up plenty of clock and we didn't turn the ball over.  the table was set for the defense and they choked.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

« #9 : October 22, 2006, 04:27:01 PM »

EXACTLY!!!!
I'll give my props to Ronde Barber. I have a much harder time giving props to the defense as a whole. Barber not only bailed out the offense, but he bailed out the defense as well. Neither the offense or the defense as a whole have much to brag about for this game.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #10 : October 22, 2006, 04:28:25 PM »

If the D had any help from the O in the first half they might have played better in the second.  still fighting the same issues, but c'mon, alotta that Eagles O came on McNabb putting in an exceptional performance.  The D is back to form for the most part, just got a tackling problem which is getting better.  Give them some rest and it'll be ok going forward. 
What bugs me is how bad the O was today.  Philly D just insn't THAT good.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

« #11 : October 22, 2006, 04:29:12 PM »

I agree with you 100%
If the D had any help from the O in the first half they might have played better in the second. still fighting the same issues, but c'mon, alotta that Eagles O came on McNabb putting in an exceptional performance. The D is back to form for the most part, just got a tackling problem which is getting better. Give them some rest and it'll be ok going forward.
What bugs me is how bad the O was today. Philly D just insn't THAT good.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 22, 2006, 04:29:16 PM »

i'll agree that barber had a great game.  

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #13 : October 22, 2006, 04:30:42 PM »

If the D had any help from the O in the first half they might have played better in the second. still fighting the same issues, but c'mon, alotta that Eagles O came on McNabb putting in an exceptional performance. The D is back to form for the most part, just got a tackling problem which is getting better. Give them some rest and it'll be ok going forward.
What bugs me is how bad the O was today. Philly D just insn't THAT good.

tackling problem getting better???? what game were you watching? 500 yards of offense including over 200 on the ground? Yowza!!!!!

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #14 : October 22, 2006, 04:31:40 PM »

The defense played like crap in the second half, most notably, in the 4th quarter. You can say that the Eagles are one of the best offensive teams but I say missed tackles and the running back getting to the second level all too often. On Westbrook's TD, I saw 5 missed tackles. The offense may have not have scored a TD, but they did keep the ball long enough for the D to rest. Side from Barber who had a hell of a game, the defense plyed bad in the second half.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i dont want this whitewashed by the kick..... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools