Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i dont want this whitewashed by the kick..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 22, 2006, 04:32:50 PM

The D scored 14 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The defense played like crap in the second half, most notably, in the 4th quarter. You can say that the Eagles are one of the best offensive teams but I say missed tackles and the running back getting to the second level all too often. On Westbrook's TD, I saw 5 missed tackles. The offense may have not have scored a TD, but they did keep the ball long enough for the D to rest. Side from Barber who had a hell of a game, the defense plyed bad in the second half.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 22, 2006, 04:33:07 PM

If the D had any help from the O in the first half they might have played better in the second. still fighting the same issues, but c'mon, alotta that Eagles O came on McNabb putting in an exceptional performance. The D is back to form for the most part, just got a tackling problem which is getting better. Give them some rest and it'll be ok going forward.
What bugs me is how bad the O was today. Philly D just insn't THAT good.

I'm bugged by the offense too, but the thing is, while they didn't produce much in the way of points, they DID eat up the clock reasonably well in the second half.  The Bucs had the ball for almost 17 minutes that half.  They won the overall TOP battle 31 minutes to 29.  So while they didn't flat out dominate, they DID give the defense some rest.  But the defense did their best impression of a set of pinball bumpers right after the offense gave them a 6 minute game-time break.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 22, 2006, 04:34:14 PM

EXACTLY!!!!
I'll give my props to Ronde Barber. I have a much harder time giving props to the defense as a whole. Barber not only bailed out the offense, but he bailed out the defense as well. Neither the offense or the defense as a whole have much to brag about for this game.

You seem to be confused.  I'm agreeing with RPC here.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 22, 2006, 04:34:27 PM

the offense was hardly impressive but they moved the chains, ate up the clcok and didn't turn the ball over.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 22, 2006, 04:34:57 PM

Barber bailing out the O............................ok sure you are
EXACTLY!!!!
I'll give my props to Ronde Barber. I have a much harder time giving props to the defense as a whole. Barber not only bailed out the offense, but he bailed out the defense as well. Neither the offense or the defense as a whole have much to brag about for this game.

You seem to be confused. I'm agreeing with RPC here.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 22, 2006, 04:36:19 PM

Barber bailing out the O............................ok sure you are
EXACTLY!!!!

You seem to be confused. I'm agreeing with RPC here.

You missed the part where I said that he also bailed out the defense then?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 22, 2006, 04:36:51 PM

Give some credit to Philly's D for the poor performance by Tampa's offense. They're pretty good. Yes, the output wasn't there, but made plays when they had to. Three games from now it's still a win and can't be taken away for poor play on both sides of the ball.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 22, 2006, 04:44:06 PM

poor tackling is still a problem.  duemig was heaping praise on the defense last week; their embarassing 2nd half collapse better not get whitewashed this week. 

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 22, 2006, 04:45:10 PM

The offense had the ball over 30 mins and did not score a TD...................I hope that does not get whitewashed either.

poor tackling is still a problem. duemig was heaping praise on the defense last week; their embarassing 2nd half collapse better not get whitewashed this week.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 22, 2006, 04:47:24 PM

the offense won the time of possesion battle, moved the chains and didn't turn the ball over.  spin it any way you like, when you blow a three score second half lead and your offense didn't turn the ball over, that's on your defense. 

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 22, 2006, 04:48:05 PM

I cant wait to talk to you next week
the offense won the time of possesion battle, moved the chains and didn't turn the ball over.  spin it any way you like, when you blow a three score second half lead and your offense didn't turn the ball over, that's on your defense. 

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 22, 2006, 04:48:25 PM

i agree but lets be honest they r the best O in the league

At least someone saw the same game I did. What is up with the starter of this thread....OBD

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 22, 2006, 04:49:59 PM

Im wondering the same thing myself right now
i agree but lets be honest they r the best O in the league

At least someone saw the same game I did. What is up with the starter of this thread....OBD

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 22, 2006, 04:50:19 PM

Barber bailed out the D and the O today.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 22, 2006, 04:53:11 PM

OBD, the defense is usually given a free pass on this board and in the local media. i'm just calling it like it is.  when you blow a 17-0 second half lead despite the fact that your team won the time of possesion battle and didn't turn the ball over, that is on the defense.  when you give up 500 yards of offense and blow a double didgit 4th quarter lead you deserved to be criticized, win or lose.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i dont want this whitewashed by the kick..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools