Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i dont want this whitewashed by the kick..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

coopsxx

Starter
« #30 : October 22, 2006, 04:58:43 PM »

plain and simply, they have a better offense and defense, however we grind out a win is good. The point of being a fan is to enjoy the game and hopefully a few victory's, let the coaches worry about fixing the problems, thats why they get paid. If you can't enjoy an ugly win whats the point of watching you not gonna play a perfect game on both sides ever.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #31 : October 22, 2006, 05:01:31 PM »

RPC it was a hot day playing against the # 1 offense in the Whole NFL. They have done well with all that they have come through. Booger was a thorn in their side. Now we get to see what we are made of. The defense did well and we could have done better on Offense. To put it all on the D I will remind you what I heard a coach once say. Defense has to win some of the games, Offense has to win some of the games and then comes in our cardiac kids called Special Teams, they have to win some too and they did today when it counted. But this is no way a get away  free card for special teams. We need a run back for a touchdown on kick off.....OBD

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

« #32 : October 22, 2006, 05:02:20 PM »

Ronde and Matt won the game alone.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #33 : October 22, 2006, 05:03:55 PM »

i dont want this whitewashed by the kick.....

if it wasn't for this defense we wouldn't have been in it at all ... The O looked mighty shaky today. Props to Ronde. gg

dr3z

Hall of Famer

« #34 : October 22, 2006, 05:08:36 PM »

True true so so true!

i dont want this whitewashed by the kick.....

if it wasn't for this defense we wouldn't have been in it at all ... The O looked mighty shaky today. Props to Ronde. gg

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #35 : October 22, 2006, 05:11:32 PM »

thats right fellas, take a big drink of kool aid and ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room.  you cant hide giving up 500 yards of offense and blowing a 17-0 2nd half lead.  newsflash, we cant rely on 62 yard field goals every week. 

BucfaninDC

Starter

« #36 : October 22, 2006, 05:12:18 PM »

OBD, the defense is usually given a free pass on this board and in the local media. i'm just calling it like it is.  when you blow a 17-0 second half lead despite the fact that your team won the time of possesion battle and didn't turn the ball over, that is on the defense.  when you give up 500 yards of offense and blow a double didgit 4th quarter lead you deserved to be criticized, win or lose.

If it wasn't for the defense, there wouldn't have even been a 17 point lead to blow.  Defense scored 14 pts, special teams 9, offense laid a big egg.  Seems like the D can be given a small slide this game.  Last drive did suck, and they do still have tackling issues, but if not for their 4 turnovers, this would have been a Philly rout.

Warhorse

Second String

« #37 : October 22, 2006, 05:13:40 PM »

I'm happy with the win, but you just can't help but think, the Bucs are living on borrowed time.

500yds of offense and 200 yds rushing is really ugly, no matter how you slice it.

Frankly, we're just not that impressive on either side  of the ball. :o

I would rather see a dominant defense and a power running game combined with play-action and the deep ball. JMO.

I hate the Westcoast, short passing game.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #38 : October 22, 2006, 05:15:24 PM »

thats right fellas, take a big drink of kool aid and ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room. you cant hide giving up 500 yards of offense and blowing a 17-0 2nd half lead. newsflash, we cant rely on 62 yard field goals every week.

RPC, it is my sincerest hope that we aquire some very talented Defense prospects in the draft. The defense you cant deny played better than last week and with Wyms in he played a hellofa alot better than booger. I do note your point and say lets see who shows up next week against the Giants...OBD

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #39 : October 22, 2006, 05:17:31 PM »

thats right fellas, take a big drink of kool aid and ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room.  you cant hide giving up 500 yards of offense and blowing a 17-0 2nd half lead.  newsflash, we cant rely on 62 yard field goals every week. 

didn't say there wasn't a problem there, all I said was if it wasn't for them, there wouldn't be a game.  We would have had our a$$es handed to us.  So while shame on them YES, PROPS have to be given for putting us in position to even be able to win the game.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

« #40 : October 22, 2006, 05:27:05 PM »

Yes, the offense sucked today (although the running game was just around average).

But the defense is not "back to form" or "improving on their tackling".  However, if the rule for some of you is "if one guy makes two plays to score 14 points, you don't have to do jack &$*% the rest of the game", then you're all right...the D played good enough on two plays, it was okay to give up 500+ yards on the rest of the plays.

BucfaninDC

Starter

« #41 : October 22, 2006, 05:31:08 PM »

Yes, the offense sucked today (although the running game was just around average).

But the defense is not "back to form" or "improving on their tackling".  However, if the rule for some of you is "if one guy makes two plays to score 14 points, you don't have to do jack &$*% the rest of the game", then you're all right...the D played good enough on two plays, it was okay to give up 500+ yards on the rest of the plays.

If they can consistently score 14+ points a game, and cause 4 turnovers to keep the team in the game.  Then they can give up 600+ yards for all I care.  The score is what should matter.

bucs8ball

Starter

« #42 : October 22, 2006, 06:35:36 PM »

I don't want the fact that RPC throws the term "Kool-aid" around more than Kool-Aid Man himself.

You know what... If you can't enjoy the victory for a minute than jump off the bandwagon. Quit worrying about who's drinking Kool-aid. Qut placing the blame. The fact is we won. This is the NFL. You're not going to blow-out every team, every week.

As a true Buccaneer fan, this was a great victory! If we lost, we can blame the defense. As it stands, we're 2-4 with a 2 game winning streak.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #43 : October 22, 2006, 06:38:02 PM »

Ronde and Bryant won the game. Except for Ronde's INTs, the D was an embarassment in the 2nd half.

The O did not score. But the O is led by a rookie QB who needs to learn a lot and is doing it on the
job. So it's not surprising and not unexpected.

What's the D's excuse? Lots of rookies? Nope. They're just getting old. The heat got to the old men.
I'll give them that. But if they don't improve those missed tackles in the near future, we have no
shot of making a run at the playoffs. And that's really all that matters.

Same goes for O. If Grads doesn't get better each week, we'll be getting a high draft pick.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

« #44 : October 22, 2006, 06:39:02 PM »

All I want to think about today is the kick................
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i dont want this whitewashed by the kick..... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools