Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i dont want this whitewashed by the kick..... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#60 : October 23, 2006, 08:57:56 AM

Let's just enjoy what is likely the most improbable win that I have ever witnessed as a Buc fan. 

Two D TD's, by the same person, and a 62 yard FG by one of the leagues worst kickers playing for one of the leagues worst ST's.    I mean, that was some win.

We can pick apart plenty of aspects of this team, from the tackling to the Trent Dilfer impersonation from Gradkowski.  There is plenty of time for that later.

But for now, lets just enjoy the win. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#61 : October 23, 2006, 09:41:39 AM

Barber played well. Besides him, our defense sucked yesterday. Our offense wasn't anything to write home about, but if you were expecting huge output from them, then you ARE drinking the kool-aid by the gallons.

As a whole, our defense has sucked this year. They have made one strong showing this year, and that was against Cincy.

I don't think they sucked yesterday. That is the number one offense in the league. I think they had one lapse that almost cost them the game but they didn't suck...I thought they played smart and hung in there yesterday. They still need to play 60 minutes and stop giving up the big play. Our defense was on the field a lot yesterday. Ronde scored twice and when the defense scores, what is their reward? They have to go back out and do it again...
Besides Barber, who played a decent game on the defensive side of the ball??

I could care less about the #1 offense BS.

On the field A LOT?? I believe TOP was pretty even.

Besides Barber, they were TERRIBLE.

200+ yards rushing. 500+ total. We couldn't stop ANYTHING.

Have we gotten to the point where allowing that kind of production is acceptable??

You have to give credit to the other team for doing what they do.  They get paid as well.  This defense is not where they used to be but I feel the tide turning.  The tackling is still shoddy at times.  And that's my biggest issue.  But we won the turnover battle which put us in position to win.  The picks by Ronde were setup by Ronde perfectly.  But without "some" pressure he wouldn't have had the opportunity to make those plays...

Do they still have work to do, no question...but it's better than we saw the first 3 games and getting better weekly...IMO you don't want to peak too early...we're not close to peaking but I think we are building towards one...Matt Bryant saved our butts yesterday, but the win will go a long way in the confidence department for the team as a whole...

I think it's far time for us fans to stop looking at this as a defensive of offensive failure.  It should either be a team loss or a team win...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#62 : October 23, 2006, 09:44:51 AM

Barber played well. Besides him, our defense sucked yesterday. Our offense wasn't anything to write home about, but if you were expecting huge output from them, then you ARE drinking the kool-aid by the gallons.

As a whole, our defense has sucked this year. They have made one strong showing this year, and that was against Cincy.

I don't think they sucked yesterday. That is the number one offense in the league. I think they had one lapse that almost cost them the game but they didn't suck...I thought they played smart and hung in there yesterday. They still need to play 60 minutes and stop giving up the big play. Our defense was on the field a lot yesterday. Ronde scored twice and when the defense scores, what is their reward? They have to go back out and do it again...
Besides Barber, who played a decent game on the defensive side of the ball??

I could care less about the #1 offense BS.

On the field A LOT?? I believe TOP was pretty even.

Besides Barber, they were TERRIBLE.

200+ yards rushing. 500+ total. We couldn't stop ANYTHING.

Have we gotten to the point where allowing that kind of production is acceptable??

You have to give credit to the other team for doing what they do.  They get paid as well.  This defense is not where they used to be but I feel the tide turning.  The tackling is still shoddy at times.  And that's my biggest issue.  But we won the turnover battle which put us in position to win.  The picks by Ronde were setup by Ronde perfectly.  But without "some" pressure he wouldn't have had the opportunity to make those plays...

Do they still have work to do, no question...but it's better than we saw the first 3 games and getting better weekly...IMO you don't want to peak too early...we're not close to peaking but I think we are building towards one...Matt Bryant saved our butts yesterday, but the win will go a long way in the confidence department for the team as a whole...

I think it's far time for us fans to stop looking at this as a defensive of offensive failure. It should either be a team loss or a team win...

The Bucs line is not the problem anymore. They can adequately run block, pass block and can sustain winning drives. They are not great, maybe not good. But there is a certain level of consistency and youth that the coaches can build on.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Bucsvp

Rookie

#63 : October 23, 2006, 12:52:37 PM

If it wasn't for the defense we wouldn't have been in the game to start with. The defense can't play both ways. At some point the offense has to make a contribution. The D only broke down in the second half because they had been on the field all day.

orlandobuc

Starter

#64 : October 23, 2006, 11:07:31 AM

The way the heat effected both teams, I dont think you can take alot out of this win one way or the other. It was a strange game where 1 team wasnt very effective but just didnt make mistakes, the other was effective but in opening things up to be that way, they screwed up too many times to win.

Then of course "The Kick".

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#65 : October 25, 2006, 09:17:11 AM

Only people worried about stats are the fans of the losing team...or fans of the winning team who have no faith...errr sorry Realistic fans...

Except for DalBuc.   He's the Mr. Spock of the board and gives us the stats just because he's wired that way.   I may not always agree with his posts and analysis, but they are always interesting and thought provoking.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#66 : October 24, 2006, 07:26:40 PM

The SCORE is all that matters. Stats are for an interesting read, but oftentimes, stats are for losers. Ask Philly fan.

stats are for losers? i got news for you, when you give up 500 yards of offense including 200 yards rushing, you're going to lose the bulk of the time.  We were bailed out by a miraculous field goal.  stats may not tell the whole story, but they come pretty close. 

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#67 : October 24, 2006, 07:31:00 PM

If it wasn't for the defense we wouldn't have been in the game to start with. The defense can't play both ways. At some point the offense has to make a contribution. The D only broke down in the second half because they had been on the field all day.

actually we won the time of possesion battle, so the defense wasn't out there "all day".  they broke down because Philly has a good offense and because our defense is declining.  our core defenders are old and our tackling is horrendous. westbrook's catch and run should be on a blooper reel instead of the highlight reel. To have that many players miss tackles in a crucial situation is unforgivable.  To those who have Tivo, watch that play is slow mo if you are a glutton for punishment:

1-Brooks has him dead to rights for a kill shot and potential "jacked up" entry, yet he bounces off of him like Tecmo Bowl.
2-Bolden is next up and Westbrook leaves him hugging air
3-Barber is coming in now from the top of the screen and inexplicably pulls up thinking Bolden will make the play.  When Bolden whiffs, Ronde is out of position so he actually tries to trip westbrook gramatica style and misses.
4-Allen comes rushing in now as barber's attempted trip fails and tries a neck high arm tackle that westbrook runs through with ease.
5-Ruud tries to get an angle on him as he veers towards the sideline but westbrook is too fast. thus, ruud takes a desperation dive at his ankles and can't trip him up. 
6-Phillips has the angle on him to push him out of bounds but westbrook gets by him with a subtle hesitation move....

bucs8ball

Starter

#68 : October 24, 2006, 11:23:20 PM

The SCORE is all that matters. Stats are for an interesting read, but oftentimes, stats are for losers. Ask Philly fan.

stats are for losers? i got news for you, when you give up 500 yards of offense including 200 yards rushing, you're going to lose the bulk of the time. We were bailed out by a miraculous field goal. stats may not tell the whole story, but they come pretty close.

I've got news for you, if you get 4 turnovers- 2 of which are TD's... you're going to win the bulk of the time.

That's the stat to take to the bank. End of the day: SCOREBOARD. We have a W, they have a L.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#69 : October 25, 2006, 07:53:15 AM

stats are for losers? i got news for you, when you give up 500 yards of offense including 200 yards rushing, you're going to lose the bulk of the time. We were bailed out by a miraculous field goal. stats may not tell the whole story, but they come pretty close.

Only people worried about stats are the fans of the losing team...or fans of the winning team who have no faith...errr sorry Realistic fans...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#70 : October 25, 2006, 10:40:30 AM

Except for DalBuc. He's the Mr. Spock of the board and gives us the stats just because he's wired that way. I may not always agree with his posts and analysis, but they are always interesting and thought provoking.

No question, I just like to give it back to him the way he gives it to me...LOL

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i dont want this whitewashed by the kick..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools