Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scott beats McCollum « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 27, 2010, 09:05:32 AM

To be perfectly honest, it's an amalgam of both.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 27, 2010, 09:15:09 AM

I hear a lot of complaints about the Federal Gov't but maybe some should take a look into the cesspool in Tallahassee. He's a big part of that problem in my mind.

How is Rubio a bigger part of the problem in Tally than Crist?  Crist is the Governor for god's sake.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 27, 2010, 09:38:01 AM

Polite answer: I don't have a problem with the way Crist has governed. He's been fairly centrist and I'd expect more of that in the Senate. Plus he will most likely caucus as a D since the right wingers never forgive or forget.

The Truth: I want to see Rubio go down in flames. I hear a lot of complaints about the Federal Gov't but maybe some should take a look into the cesspool in Tallahassee. He's a big part of that problem in my mind.

Either way...it works for me. I'm sure this will be popular.

If by centrist you mean consistantly changing his stance on the issues to suit his needs then I agree.

If by centrist you mean taking campaign donations as a Republican candidate and then changing affliations due to low polling numbers I agree.

If by centrist you mean being pro-life and then withdrawing all connections to that stance after changing party affliliations I agree.

If by centrist you mean that Crist was for offshore drilling before he was opposed to offshore drilling I agree.

If by centrist you mean supporting "Dont ask, don't tell" before he was willing to change his stance depending on the outcome of the Pentagon study I agree.

If by centrist you mean that Crist said he would vote against Justice Sotomayer because of her questionable stance on Second Amendment rights yet now that he is an Independent was all in favor of voting for Elena Kagen despite her questionable stance on Second amendment rights then I agree.

By your definition of centrist I guess this means that Flip-flops are the most centrist shoes in my closet and waffles are the most centrist food in my freezer.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 27, 2010, 09:55:22 AM

Rubio needs to fail at all costs, or else dark days are ahead.  As for Scott, I don't have a problem with him because Alex Sink is a known quantity, and infamous for when she was at Bank of America.  But Scott is a bit of an unknown, and hasn't been a long resident in Florida, but he does bring new ideas unlike Sink.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 27, 2010, 10:02:20 AM

The dark days are already here.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 27, 2010, 10:04:05 AM

Like I said, I knew it would be popular. I wish there were a better Democrat in the race but it is what it is. The old "lesser of two evils" thing.

I'm a pragmatist.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 27, 2010, 10:12:30 AM

I may just vote for Crist based on the fact that in six months he is very likely to do another 180 based on the make up of Congress.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 27, 2010, 10:28:55 AM

I could live with that. Although it's highly unlikely that the Man on the Street/Backroom politician Republican would accept him back, being a traitor and all.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 27, 2010, 11:04:53 AM

Rubio needs to fail at all costs, or else dark days are ahead. 

what are rubios negatives?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 27, 2010, 11:08:49 AM

I hear a lot of complaints about the Federal Gov't but maybe some should take a look into the cesspool in Tallahassee. He's a big part of that problem in my mind.

How is Rubio a bigger part of the problem in Tally than Crist? Crist is the Governor for god's sake.

Should I not continue to look for an answer to this question, Shadow?

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 27, 2010, 11:43:24 AM

Crist is responsible as well. Those things he did as a Republican, I'll forgive.

I like Crist a little more every time a poster here hates him. Because that's pure politics. If Crist had won that primary, would you be as upset?

Got_Spleen

Starter

#26 : August 27, 2010, 11:53:10 AM

For one, he is/was a lobbyist. Then there was the personal spending on the GOP card like fixing his minvan. Having a minivan should disqualify him alone. Any self-respecting R would be in the biggest, gas-guzzling SUV possible.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 27, 2010, 12:09:31 PM

For one, he is/was a lobbyist. Then there was the personal spending on the GOP card like fixing his minvan. Having a minivan should disqualify him alone. Any self-respecting R would be in the biggest, gas-guzzling SUV possible.

The reason Marco Rubio never spoke about his “lobbying” is because he was never a “lobbyist,” in the Tallahassee-influence-peddling sense of the word that Charlie Crist is all too familiar with.  Marco Rubio worked as an attorney for law firms that did Request for Proposal (RFP) and land use work in Miami-Dade County.  Out of an abundance of caution, law firms engaged in this type of work often register their lawyers as lobbyists. In fact, all lawyers representing clients on land use matters are supposed to register as lobbyists. While Marco worked on land use contracts and RFPs, he never met with elected officials to influence them on behalf of clients.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/buzz/2010/01/marco-rubio-lobbyist.html

Got_Spleen

Starter

#28 : August 27, 2010, 12:20:48 PM

Thanks for the read. I was misinformed about the lobbyist. Still hard to forgive the minivan ;)

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 27, 2010, 12:57:45 PM

Thanks for the read. I was misinformed about the lobbyist. Still hard to forgive the minivan ;)

At least he calls it the "family car" and it's not a GM or Dodge.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scott beats McCollum « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools