Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scott beats McCollum « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#75 : August 30, 2010, 12:54:02 PM

I think Crist is toast.

Don't know if you have taken into account the Democratic crossover for Crist which won't show in polling. Dems don't really like to throw their guy under the bus. I've spoken with 3 pollsters in the past 2 weeks and lied to every one of them but I'll tell you right now I'm voting for Crist over Rubio. Meeks is an also ran.

Meek is going to most likely pull the african american vote which Charlie suffers in this case. Charlie most likely will get some left leaning independednts. However once "the game" starts I think more and more teachers will go towards Meek when he exposes Charlie as a guy who just 6-8 months ago was a guy who would have been anti teacher union and a conservative. Flip flopping is going to burn Ole' Charlie. Rubio will win big IMO

Now with Scott he has to turn to the conservative values he represents...expose Alex Sinks "power grid" she wants to install to track power usage in a person's house and be the pro life, Anti Obamacare, pro arizona law, NRA A rated guy who will stand against BHO and the establishment

That most likely will be something Alex Sink will have a problem with because at that point she will have to start rationlizing Obamacare and the president's agenda in Arizona

Scott has to paint Alex Sink as BHO

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#76 : November 02, 2010, 08:36:42 PM

TheShadow wrote:
I think Crist is toast.

Don't know if you have taken into account the Democratic crossover for Crist which won't show in polling. Dems don't really like to throw their guy under the bus. I've spoken with 3 pollsters in the past 2 weeks and lied to every one of them but I'll tell you right now I'm voting for Crist over Rubio. Meeks is an also ran.

Sorry Shadow, dbuc was right.  Your boy Crist got hammered by Rubio.  Most Floridians saw Crist for the slimeball politician he is.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#77 : November 02, 2010, 08:46:37 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
TheShadow wrote:
I think Crist is toast.

Sorry Shadow, dbuc was right.  Your boy Crist got hammered by Rubio.  Most Floridians saw Crist for the slimeball politician he is.

crist is the lowest of the low...he did a complete 180 on so many of his "principles" that he had previously held....if i was a floridian and had to choose between meeks and crist with no rubio i would vote meeks or 4th party. crist has proven himself to be the quintessential career politician and it was truly disgusting to watch.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

The Shadow

Starter

#78 : November 02, 2010, 08:57:39 PM

It was the only hope of depriving Republicans of the only Florida Senate seat they held already (Mel Martinez). At the end of the day it's a push.

You were all absolutely correct about Crist though. Yeeeesh.

I have never seen so many bad candidates as this year. As bad as Crist was, he still doesn't crack the Top 10.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#79 : November 03, 2010, 01:33:48 PM

The best part is this was the second election in this year that Rubio beat the crap out of Crist.  Get the message yet Chuck?

Good to see Scott beat Sink as well.  I have a weird feeling that he'll only get my vote once, however.  I hope he sticks to his conservative platform, unlike Crist.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#80 : November 04, 2010, 05:35:35 AM

Biggs3535 wrote:
The best part is this was the second election in this year that Rubio beat the crap out of Crist.  Get the message yet Chuck?

Good to see Scott beat Sink as well.  I have a weird feeling that he'll only get my vote once, however.  I hope he sticks to his conservative platform, unlike Crist.

The reason I voted for Scott is because I want Tallahassee to blow up when he gets there. He owes no loyalty to the establishment. You have to wonder if some of the Republicans up there would have rather had Sink as she was a very predictable and mainstream politician that would fall right in line with the massive specials interest lobbyists that are in that city that guys like Charlie Crist fell in line for. He's got his work cut out for him. Crist left a mess with the budget. And its going to get ugly because there is going to be blood. Some things are going to get the ax and they arnt going to be happy about it. But with a $2.5 billion budget shortfall you have cut something off or we will eventually end up like California if we continue on this path.

Also glad for Pam Bondi too. She grew up in the Tampa area and is a Stetson University grad.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#81 : November 04, 2010, 09:52:37 AM

cyberdude558 wrote:
He's got his work cut out for him. Crist left a mess with the budget. And its going to get ugly because there is going to be blood. Some things are going to get the ax and they arnt going to be happy about it. But with a $2.5 billion budget shortfall you have cut something off or we will eventually end up like California if we continue on this path.

Agreed.  It's going to be interesting to see if he (and the other Republicans who now control the Senate and House along with the Governor's office) do the things they said they were going to do:  smaller government.

I'm also excited about Bondi, maybe even moreso than Scott, for obvious reasons:

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#82 : November 04, 2010, 01:26:43 PM

Anybody else showng two of thesethreads that are identical, except one having listed the latest Reply 40 years ago?

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#83 : November 04, 2010, 01:34:03 PM

Col. Klink wrote:
Anybody else showng two of thesethreads that are identical, except one having listed the latest Reply 40 years ago?

Yeah. Just one of many glitches with this message board.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#84 : March 05, 2011, 10:40:21 AM

I hope he sticks to his conservative platform, unlike Crist.

I'm very glad to see Scott stick to his guns on the stupid high-speed rail.

So far, so good.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#85 : March 05, 2011, 11:21:46 PM

Long distance public transportation in a state like Florida would never generate enough revenue to cover its operating expenses. It will turn into a money pit just like Amtrack.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scott beats McCollum « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools