Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marcellus Wiley Ranks Josh Freeman in the bottom 5 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #15 : August 25, 2010, 09:19:39 AM »

It is what it is until Freeman steps on the field and shuts them up. Too many folks on this board getting their panties in a bunch over what the national media is saying. When the real bullets start to fly in a couple weeks we will see what this team and it's players and coaching staff and fans for that matter are really made of, until then it's all speculation.

It's more of just the fact that I can't stand lazy journalism in the media.  It's so clear when guys are simply looking at a statsheet or going with the popular opinion.  How about providing some actual insight?  If someone has an opinion I don't like, fine.  But its flat out wrong to say Freeman is below Stafford and Sanchez and it really does bother me.  Frankly I love Freeman's attitude and stuff like this should only fuel the fire.  Obviously he needs to prove it on the field, but its hard not to be impressed with him.

They didn't even look at the stat sheet.  Its about 15 minutes of Google time to find his stats and read articles on his offseason.  Thats what the interns are for.  Read and print to the TV "talent." 

Now that IS lazy journalism. 

BucNasty24

Second String

« #16 : August 25, 2010, 09:38:29 AM »

Yeah I hear you but my point is so many of these guys simply think, "Freeman threw 10 TDs and 18 INTs on a bad Bucs team.  He can't be that good." When in reality if they actually looked at the film they'd see the flashes (and flaws) that we got to witness last year. 

Granted talk is cheap.  I'm so excited for Freeman this year but we've seen so many guys show flashes of greatness only to never pan out.  So hopefully he can build off of last year and make people like Wiley look stupid.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #17 : August 25, 2010, 09:56:12 AM »

It's more of just the fact that I can't stand lazy journalism in the media.  It's so clear when guys are simply looking at a statsheet or going with the popular opinion.  How about providing some actual insight?  If someone has an opinion I don't like, fine.  But its flat out wrong to say Freeman is below Stafford and Sanchez and it really does bother me.  

It isn't "flat out wrong" to say Freeman is below Stafford and Sanchez. Both were better last year than Freeman and both have been, based on all reports and their gameplay, better than he has been this year. You can argue that Freeman is better but if you were not a Bucs fan you'd never make that argument because there's nothing out here to back it up.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

« #18 : August 25, 2010, 10:01:29 AM »

It's more of just the fact that I can't stand lazy journalism in the media. �It's so clear when guys are simply looking at a statsheet or going with the popular opinion. �How about providing some actual insight? �If someone has an opinion I don't like, fine. �But its flat out wrong to say Freeman is below Stafford and Sanchez and it really does bother me. �

It isn't "flat out wrong" to say Freeman is below Stafford and Sanchez. Both were better last year than Freeman and both have been, based on all reports and their gameplay, better than he has been this year. You can argue that Freeman is better but if you were not a Bucs fan you'd never make that argument because there's nothing out here to back it up.

Were both really better than Freeman last year?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #19 : August 25, 2010, 10:06:21 AM »

This is the same issue with posters getting all upset because some media types forcast the Bucs to have amongst the worst record in the league this upcoming year. There's legitimate reason for it. Until the Bucs prove it to be untrue, it's just an opinion which has points on both sides.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #20 : August 25, 2010, 10:07:36 AM »

Sanchez looks worse from last year to be honest, and Stafford looks like he is making big strides in comparison, who may be able to resurrect that Lions franchise.  Both Freeman, and Stafford, are able to make big plays to the left side of the field while Sanchez still struggles with that side of the field.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #21 : August 25, 2010, 10:10:41 AM »

I feel sorry for 49er fans stuck with Alex Smith.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #22 : August 25, 2010, 10:48:24 AM »

Sanchez and Stafford got starters reps from the get go, and Sanchez had the advantage of the best rushing attack and defense in the league. Freeman got no starter reps and was thrown in nearly at mid-season, yet his stats were comparable to theirs. People are free to come to any conclusion they want, but I believe Freeman deserves more respect for having less to work with. Freeman was handicapped by circumstances beyond his control, and still was competitive with them. Switch teams around, and Freeman comes out on top IMO.

I would not swap Freeman for any other QB in the league.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #23 : August 25, 2010, 11:12:24 AM »

Dilfer.. I mean Sanchez is a New York guy, ESPN has to suck him off. Mark Dilfer will be the worst QB stat wise of any of the 3, however with the defense, the offensive line and running game he might have the most wins as long as he hands it off and throws 5 yard dumps.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

« #24 : August 25, 2010, 11:47:07 AM »

It's more of just the fact that I can't stand lazy journalism in the media. �It's so clear when guys are simply looking at a statsheet or going with the popular opinion. �How about providing some actual insight? �If someone has an opinion I don't like, fine. �But its flat out wrong to say Freeman is below Stafford and Sanchez and it really does bother me. �

dalbuc, you obviously didn't see Jets-Carolina, where Sanchez was 5 of 10 for 12 yards, and looked even worse than that.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #25 : August 25, 2010, 12:00:42 PM »

ESPN has really fallen in their football coverage and knowledge.  NFL Network is a much better place to get good football information.

Ever since I switched from cable to Direct TV 2 weeks ago, I have barely watched any ESPN. Its all NFL Network for me. The quality in reporting is significantly better. ESPN is a joke.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #26 : August 25, 2010, 12:01:39 PM »

Carolina had a good pass defense last year, so I wonder how good they will be this year.  But Sanchez looked pretty horrible in that pre season contest.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #27 : August 25, 2010, 12:05:53 PM »

Carolina had a good pass defense last year, so I wonder how good they will be this year.  But Sanchez looked pretty horrible in that pre season contest.

I've been sayin it all offseason.. Sanchez is going to hold that franchise back this year. They are not developing him the right way. There is so much pressure on him to win now with all the veterans they have on that team and they are asking him to do things he isnt ready to do.

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #28 : August 25, 2010, 12:43:01 PM »

Sports analysts these days are ridiculous.  How any "sports analysts" can say Stafford and/or Sanchez are better than Freeman is really beyond me.  Freeman had worse talent to work with and still put up better or similar numbers.  Not to mention Stafford and Sanchez both were competing for the starting QB jobs with the number ones from day one.

Go back and look at both teams, when they started getting reps with the first team, and their stats etc.  I mean really it doesn't take a **CENSORED**ing genius to come to the conclusion that Freeman is on the same level, if not better, than Stafford and/or Sanchez.

Opinion is one thing, but the facts are facts.

Dash Riprock

Starter

« #29 : August 25, 2010, 02:07:38 PM »

Marcellus better watch out or Zed will get mid-evil on his azz again
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marcellus Wiley Ranks Josh Freeman in the bottom 5 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools