Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marcellus Wiley Ranks Josh Freeman in the bottom 5 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#75 : August 25, 2010, 03:09:57 PM

It's more of just the fact that I can't stand lazy journalism in the media. �It's so clear when guys are simply looking at a statsheet or going with the popular opinion. �How about providing some actual insight? �If someone has an opinion I don't like, fine. �But its flat out wrong to say Freeman is below Stafford and Sanchez and it really does bother me. �

It isn't "flat out wrong" to say Freeman is below Stafford and Sanchez. Both were better last year than Freeman and both have been, based on all reports and their gameplay, better than he has been this year. You can argue that Freeman is better but if you were not a Bucs fan you'd never make that argument because there's nothing out here to back it up.

Were both really better than Freeman last year?

Not sure I see where both were better than Freeman at all. 

RondeToCanton

Practice Squad

#76 : August 25, 2010, 03:20:41 PM

Marcellus better watch out or Zed will get mid-evil on his butt again

Funny, word on the street says Zed's dead.

pewterpirates

Starter
#77 : August 25, 2010, 04:08:41 PM

Other than watching the actual games, TV is a very outdated medium when analyzing sports.
+300

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#78 : August 25, 2010, 04:15:38 PM

Thats absolute crap; Freeman seems to get into a "freak zone" when we are down and there is 2 minutes left on the clock.

nybucsfan

Rookie

#79 : August 25, 2010, 04:46:37 PM

4th Qtr QB Rating:

Freeman: 62.2
Stafford: 44.6
Sanchez: 42.3

3rd Down QB Rating:

Freeman: 55.9
Stafford: 40.6
Sanchez: 58.0

Not sure why anyone would think that Freeman is a step below those other two. The stats say he isn't, and just watching him should be enough for anyone to realize that he is clearly the best of the 3.

Stats are pointless, however Josh "free ballin" Freeman did post a come from behind victory in his first ever NFL start. Thats like hitting a home run with your first at bat in MLB.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#80 : August 25, 2010, 05:36:52 PM

"But this kid led comebacks against the Packers and Super Bowl Champion Saints"

...And let's also not forget, he practically carried his college team, who otherwise wouldn't have won anything without him. I'm not exaggerating when I say that either. They were just that bad.

But I see why people aren't ready to jump on the bandwagon just yet. He's on yet another team that needs to find an identity, but they are improving. Right now "experts" might criticize, but in the future, if this experiment works out, they may have to change their tune.

MilkmanDan

Second String

#81 : August 25, 2010, 10:27:06 PM

Sanchez is a "good QB" because he had a really, really good defense on the other side of the ball.  The guy completed less than 54% of his passes and had a 12/20 TD/INT ratio.  How is he suddenly good?

bucmoon

Second String
#82 : August 25, 2010, 10:35:44 PM

I would rather Freeman fly under the Radar ..Sanchez is going to catch it big time when he fails ...The Media likes to build a Athlete up and LOVES to Blow him up when he screws up ...

burger40

Hall of Famer

#83 : August 25, 2010, 11:14:30 PM

4th Qtr QB Rating:

Freeman: 62.2
Stafford: 44.6
Sanchez: 42.3

3rd Down QB Rating:

Freeman: 55.9
Stafford: 40.6
Sanchez: 58.0

Not sure why anyone would think that Freeman is a step below those other two.  The stats say he isn't, and just watching him should be enough for anyone to realize that he is clearly the best of the 3. 

you forgot the 2 most important stats for 2nd year QBs
1. draft position
2. size of the media market of the team he plays for.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#84 : August 26, 2010, 12:09:25 AM

This fine chart is based on the latest sipoma technology I could find. Caddy, TE's and FB are basically the same as last year, therefore aren't listed.

Last year                            This year
WR
#1) AB, Stovall                   Mike Williams/Spurlock**
#2) MC80, Stovall              Sammy Stroughter/Stovall**
#3) Sammy** Clark           Reggie Brown/Benn

RB                              
Ward                                 Huggins***

**An upgraded weapon for Freeman
***Assuming Dominik and Raheem are "all in" on the youth movement and Huggins goes to #2 on the depth chart......an upgraded weapon for Freeman.

Based on this new technology, we can see that both starting WR positions are now upgraded, and the #2 RB position better be upgraded. This will provide more weapons for Freeman, or whoever happens to be the QB on any given Sunday. That's why I disagree with Wiley and I don't think he has a clue that we actually have some playmakers coming in with the youth movement, not to mention an upgrade at RG, and an O-line that is healthy and has been together for some time.

Overall, our QB's will be much better this year IMO.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#85 : August 27, 2010, 08:44:20 PM

Another HUGE night from Sanchez tonight..........JK

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#86 : August 27, 2010, 09:04:58 PM

Another HUGE night from Sanchez tonight..........JK

Last week on hard knocks he was down on himself and **CENSORED**ed about his performance, sounds like a winner.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#87 : August 27, 2010, 09:20:27 PM

Marcellus Wiley - okay, he's an idiot.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marcellus Wiley Ranks Josh Freeman in the bottom 5 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools