Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Advice needed: « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
: August 25, 2010, 05:48:52 PM

I am in a league that is as follows: QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, Flex WR/RB/TE, Flex QB/RB/TE/WR, K, Defense and 6 bench slots.  League is 12 team and is in a ppr format with the QB getting 0.25pt per completion, otherwise it has standard Yahoo values.  The QB in the flex position: should it make me push my QB picks higher up in my draft, perhaps getting 2 QB's in the first 5 or 6 rounds and bumping RB's back a bit as there are so many more to pick from.  Having 2 QB's on the active roster can give one a ton of points but if one has a bad bad day it can also sting.  Just curious if anyone has advice or has been in a league where the QB has been a flex option!  Thanks y'all!

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 25, 2010, 08:03:11 PM

I honestly think it depends on where you draft. If you don't get one of the workhorse backs which is normally in the top 5 picks then I go QB from the 6th pick on back.
You could probably get Pierre Thomas in the 3rd and Ahmad Bradshaw in the 5th. Again it all depends on where you get slotted to draft.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#2 : August 25, 2010, 08:24:51 PM

I would go for two top QB's... or go for one top QB and wait and take a flier on a low risk high reward guy like Kevin Kolb / Jay Cutler....

creamsicles

Starter

#3 : August 25, 2010, 10:04:14 PM

sounds like qbs would shoot up my draft board if i can play 1 as a flex player... obviously slot and rest of draft matters... if run on rbs, go qb.  if run on qb, go rb.  if run on both consider top receiver.  i like to create positions of strength to trade from later.

X Factor

Starter
#4 : August 25, 2010, 10:12:36 PM

That is a crazy type league... Cool though.

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 26, 2010, 10:21:43 PM

too weird for me

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 26, 2010, 10:27:31 PM

too weird for me

Want a weird league? The one I joined has extreme points....Rodgers have 870 pts at the end of the year. And Return Guys had more PTS then #1 WRs did. Kinda stupid.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 26, 2010, 11:03:38 PM

I prefer to keep it simple... and more realistic.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#8 : August 31, 2010, 08:35:09 PM

I would go for two top QB's... or go for one top QB and wait and take a flier on a low risk high reward guy like Kevin Kolb / Jay Cutler....
I went first and bit into the taking QB's early:

Buccaneer Fanatic
1. (1) Drew Brees 
2. (20) Calvin Johnson 
3. (21) Tom Brady 
4. (40) Marques Colston 
5. (41) Steve Smith 
6. (60) Beanie Wells 
7. (61) Jay Cutler 
8. (80) Felix Jones 
9. (81) Heath Miller 
10. (100) Justin Forsett 
11. (101) New York Jets
12. (120) Steve Breaston 
13. (121) Kellen Winslow 
14. (140) Donald Brown 
15. (141) Kenny Britt 
16. (160) Chris Chambers 
17. (161) Lawrence Tynes 

A few other people went traditional with 2 RBs early and a couple ran on QB's early like I did..  Projections for the teams with the stronger QB's and the strong RB teams even out in the early matchups.Tthough a couple of the 10 teams are very very thin at QB which makes trade bait for me after the first couple of bye weeks.....  Got the Jets at round 11 because my DSL went down for a few minutes via T-Storm while I was picking.... [banghead] but I am okay with my team as I was eyeing Breaston at 110 and still got him the next round.. Thanks for the ideas everyone.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#9 : September 01, 2010, 12:51:23 AM

You took Brees 1st overall, seriously?

And me personally woulda taken Rodgers over Brees, just personal preference though.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 01, 2010, 11:18:08 AM

Jeez Dave, you could have gotten Shaub (Top 5 QB) at 20 and taken CJ with your first pick.

X Factor

Starter
#11 : September 01, 2010, 01:11:43 PM

I think it's a pretty good team.. You will probably start all 3 QBs, and have some pretty good WRs also... I probably would have went QB/WR heavy also if I was in a league like this...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#12 : September 01, 2010, 03:25:12 PM

Jeez Dave, you could have gotten Shaub (Top 5 QB) at 20 and taken CJ with your first pick.

Doubtful, while I dont agree with the Brees pick clearly QB's were taken early so i doubt he was there, but idk.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 01, 2010, 04:30:56 PM

Doubtful, while I dont agree with the Brees pick clearly QB's were taken early so i doubt he was there, but idk.

I got Shaub with my 2nd round pick in one of the leagues and I was the 4th pick. I  think he could easily have been there but I am not sure either. Possible.

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#14 : September 01, 2010, 08:24:39 PM

Yeah, Schaub was gone around pick 12 and Manning/Rogers were first rounders. Romo went right before I grabbed Brady and Philip Rivers went early in 3rd.  Then there was a gap as everyone stoked up on whatever they did not get in first 3 rounds (RB or WR).  Favre, Kolb, Flacco, Matt Ryan, and Eli Manning went in the 4th/5th rounds before I got Cutler.  I went late on the RB position because there are so many more quality RB's over WRs (especially in ppr league).  Yes I did take flack for taking Brees over Rodgers or Manning.  If it was a live in person draft instead of on-line I would have like to trade down a few slots. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Advice needed: « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools