Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Staley's Pro Day « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: March 15, 2007, 10:47:46 PM

You mean there were scouts there?  Who was the guy convinced that no scouts would go to their pro day?

Just looked it up.  JC510.  Should have known.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 15, 2007, 10:36:15 PM

I heard on Sirius he ran a 4.75 40 and a 4.3 in the short shuttle at 6'6" 310.  That's better than a lot of TEs, RBs, and even WRs.  He also did 27 in the bench at the combine.   Anybody have a link for Central Michigan's workout today?

BucLord

Starter

#2 : March 15, 2007, 10:40:07 PM

Dude is awesome. Best LT behind JT in my book

Bears are gonna take him late in rd 1

And they are getting a top 15 pick in my mind

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 15, 2007, 10:40:53 PM

Unfortunately becuase of that workout he will sneak into late round 1.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : March 15, 2007, 10:41:34 PM

The only problem I have with Joe Staley is with his poor performance at the Senior Bowl.  That performance probally dropped his stock, but now it is on the rise again.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 15, 2007, 10:53:43 PM

You mean there were scouts there?  Who was the guy convinced that no scouts would go to their pro day?

Just looked it up. JC510. Should have known.
  LOL Leeroy, u r killing me. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 15, 2007, 10:53:43 PM

Definitely a late first-rounder.  Might not be a starting LOT out of the gate, but could probably start from year 2 on.  If we miss out on JT, I wouldn't mind trading up into the 20's to nab him.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 15, 2007, 10:54:30 PM

You mean there were scouts there?  Who was the guy convinced that no scouts would go to their pro day?

Just looked it up. JC510. Should have known.

He was being interviewed by Pat Kirwin and said there were about 100 scouts there.

shall555

Starter

#8 : March 15, 2007, 10:58:07 PM

Staley could skyrocket up the charts because of this workout. I'm talking in the Top 10-20 range. You don't find too many 300+ lbs. guys that can run 4.75. That's fast as hell. Faster than some RBs.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 15, 2007, 10:59:49 PM

Work out numbers are nice, but he did so poorly all week at the Senior Bowl - how can the teams ignore that?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 15, 2007, 11:11:00 PM

He's still raw considering he's a converted TE and probably didn't receive the best coaching at Central Michigan.  Buffalo took an undrafted blocking TE from Arkansas and has turned him into a really good LT in just a few years.  Based on talent alone, Staley's worth taking a shot on.  Just don't expect immediate dividends.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 15, 2007, 11:13:52 PM

Don't disagree with that Skull, but a first rounder?  For a project?  I guess if the team has the time and inclination, but...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 15, 2007, 11:20:48 PM

there is such a shortage of quality Offensive Tackles, especially Left Tackles, in this draft and in the league as a whole that some team probably will use a 1st on him.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#13 : March 16, 2007, 12:32:45 AM

I wouldnt mind him or Kalil with our 2a pick..if we didnt get JT of course

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 16, 2007, 09:03:58 AM

Don't disagree with that Skull, but a first rounder?  For a project?  I guess if the team has the time and inclination, but...

His pass blocking is fine, he needs weight room work and raw power isn't as important at LOT for most teams so he might even start for some folks. He's not that much of a project in terms of technique, he's more a project in terms of conditioning and strength because CMU doesn't have the weight facilities of other places.

If he's not an R1 type the odds that he sneaks by the Faders at the top of R2 is sort of hard to see.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Staley's Pro Day « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools