Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IDP Help! « previous next »
Page: 1

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
: August 26, 2010, 08:58:07 AM

Going to join my 1st IDP league and had a question about how soon some of you guys draft defensive players? Does it depend on scoring and how the draft is going? Would be a big help if some of you guys could share you experiences with IDP drafts.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 26, 2010, 10:06:28 AM

I draft tacklers as my priority. A lot of people want to draft guys ho drop a lot of sacks and get INT's but those plays tend to be inconsistent while tacklers tend to be consistent. Freeny, for example, might get you 2 sacks and 4 tackles one week (and really that is only 10 points in most leagues) but then get 2 tackles next week. A guy like Ruud for all his real world short-comings is perfect for IDP because he's 10 points per week easy. I did very well a few years back with William Bartee I think. He was a lousy CB for KC but because he was bad so he got targeted all the time and then tackled he guys who made the catches.

I like to be late, very late, with IDP because the difference between the best and worst that'll be drafted is slim. There are a ton of S's in the league that'll get a slew tackles that no one ever thinks of.

Is your league X number of IDP or is it 1 DL,  LB, 1 DB type thing?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 26, 2010, 10:53:41 AM

Its a team D then like 2 LB's,2DB's and 2 DL's. Can't remember off hand but its something like the sentence above. Thanks for the advice Dal sounds like Fletcher and Ruud would be ideal if I can get them.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#3 : August 26, 2010, 11:49:36 PM

Ive Seen IDP go in middle to late Rounds. I took Patrick Willis In the Six round Just because I wanted to make a couple 49er fans who wanted him to be mad haha. Though he put up impressive numbers last year.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 30, 2010, 11:58:02 AM

I started playing IDP a few years ago and didn't know if I'd like it.
Now, I love it and I find that it gets me interested in more games since there's more to follow.

Where you draft your IDP's will depend on the league scoring system mainly.
For example, in our league we get two points per tackle and one point for an assist.  So, middle linebackers do very well so do safeties and cornerbacks that make a lot of tackles.

At our draft, Patrick Willis went in the middle of the second and guys like Beason, David Harris, Laurinitis, etc  all went in the next few rounds.
Some of the stud DL like Jared Allen, Trent Cole and Mario Williams went in about the 5th round after that there was a dropoff at the  position.

My philosophy on IDP's is if you can get 3-4 studs lined up on offense first then check the board and see if there's a valuable guy out there on defense.   There usually is and you can grab one or two players before heading back to the other side of the ball. 

Of course, it all depends on your league scoring and how much these IDP's will put up.

Good luck, let us know how you liked playing IDP style.

Turn the page.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 30, 2010, 12:00:12 PM

oh and one more thing....

I wouldn't go defensive back too early because there's a big new point producer every year that comes outta nowhere.

Last year it was Tyvon Branch and Dashon Goldson.  I got both of those guys on the waiver wire and they helped me finish first by scoring tons of points each week.

Turn the page.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 26, 2010, 08:58:07 AM

Going to join my 1st IDP league and had a question about how soon some of you guys draft defensive players? Does it depend on scoring and how the draft is going? Would be a big help if some of you guys could share you experiences with IDP drafts.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 26, 2010, 10:06:28 AM

I draft tacklers as my priority. A lot of people want to draft guys ho drop a lot of sacks and get INT's but those plays tend to be inconsistent while tacklers tend to be consistent. Freeny, for example, might get you 2 sacks and 4 tackles one week (and really that is only 10 points in most leagues) but then get 2 tackles next week. A guy like Ruud for all his real world short-comings is perfect for IDP because he's 10 points per week easy. I did very well a few years back with William Bartee I think. He was a lousy CB for KC but because he was bad so he got targeted all the time and then tackled he guys who made the catches.

I like to be late, very late, with IDP because the difference between the best and worst that'll be drafted is slim. There are a ton of S's in the league that'll get a slew tackles that no one ever thinks of.

Is your league X number of IDP or is it 1 DL,  LB, 1 DB type thing?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 26, 2010, 10:53:41 AM

Its a team D then like 2 LB's,2DB's and 2 DL's. Can't remember off hand but its something like the sentence above. Thanks for the advice Dal sounds like Fletcher and Ruud would be ideal if I can get them.

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#9 : August 26, 2010, 11:49:36 PM

Ive Seen IDP go in middle to late Rounds. I took Patrick Willis In the Six round Just because I wanted to make a couple 49er fans who wanted him to be mad haha. Though he put up impressive numbers last year.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 30, 2010, 11:58:02 AM

I started playing IDP a few years ago and didn't know if I'd like it.
Now, I love it and I find that it gets me interested in more games since there's more to follow.

Where you draft your IDP's will depend on the league scoring system mainly.
For example, in our league we get two points per tackle and one point for an assist.  So, middle linebackers do very well so do safeties and cornerbacks that make a lot of tackles.

At our draft, Patrick Willis went in the middle of the second and guys like Beason, David Harris, Laurinitis, etc  all went in the next few rounds.
Some of the stud DL like Jared Allen, Trent Cole and Mario Williams went in about the 5th round after that there was a dropoff at the  position.

My philosophy on IDP's is if you can get 3-4 studs lined up on offense first then check the board and see if there's a valuable guy out there on defense.   There usually is and you can grab one or two players before heading back to the other side of the ball. 

Of course, it all depends on your league scoring and how much these IDP's will put up.

Good luck, let us know how you liked playing IDP style.

Turn the page.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 30, 2010, 12:00:12 PM

oh and one more thing....

I wouldn't go defensive back too early because there's a big new point producer every year that comes outta nowhere.

Last year it was Tyvon Branch and Dashon Goldson.  I got both of those guys on the waiver wire and they helped me finish first by scoring tons of points each week.

Turn the page.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 09, 2010, 06:27:11 PM

Dal - It was/is 2D players(any position) 2LBs 1DL and 1DB!

Buc- I ended up With Ruud,Tulloch, Trent Cole,Brian Cushing,Mario Williams,TJax and Dashon Goldston sorry and Lamar Woodley!

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IDP Help! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools