Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A look inside the Winborn and Garcia signings « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: March 15, 2007, 10:54:45 PM

Worth the read:

http://www.marinij.com/sports/ci_5447170

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 15, 2007, 10:58:42 PM

The Marin Independent Journal - DTG - where and how do you find this stuff?  You are stunning!!!  I had to read some articles to even know what part of the country this came from - LMAO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 15, 2007, 10:59:15 PM

Interesting read.  I always enjoy the behind the scenes stuff when it comes to NFL personnel moves.

#3 : March 15, 2007, 11:01:06 PM

Interesting read.  I always enjoy the behind the scenes stuff when it comes to NFL personnel moves.
The Draft - Peter Williams for NFL
Moneyball - Michael Lewis for MLB

and there's a new book about the Suns and last season (including D'Antoni telling Thomas to play for 2 months and force some team into giving him a payday...which happened)

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 15, 2007, 11:04:57 PM

I actually read "The Draft" last April prior to the 2006 NFL Draft and really enjoyed it.  Pete did an excellent job of giving the reader a look into how the entire thing unfolds.

#5 : March 15, 2007, 11:30:14 PM

I agree, not sure how big you are into baseball but Moneyball is excellent.

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Seconds-Less-Season-Phoenix/dp/0743298136/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-0360722-1579115?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1174015772&sr=8-1

There's the NBA version.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 16, 2007, 12:14:06 AM

I've heard about "Moneyball" from a few friends that have it but just never got around to picking it up myself.  Will definately look into it.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#7 : March 16, 2007, 12:20:07 AM

Good read DTG

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 16, 2007, 04:01:39 AM

very good read

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 16, 2007, 08:09:45 AM

well played as always DTG

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#10 : March 16, 2007, 10:21:40 AM

Can't believe I missed that going through my Marin Independent Journal this morning.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#11 : March 16, 2007, 11:32:40 AM

"Finally, Baker got around last week to finalizing Winborn's new pact with the Bucs, which was off and running atop a ski slope in Tahoe on Feb. 20. Thus, Baker, to commemorate the long mountain-top dialogue with the Bucs, named incentive clauses in the contract  The Ski Lift Compromise, Bundles of Joy, North Star Nudge, and the Maternity Ward Void."

Funny, I don't recall any news of Winborn getting a new deal. As far as what has been reported around here, Winborn merely chose not to opt out of his current deal. Hard to see how his agent can take any credit for that.  I think the writer must have confused Garcia's and Winborn's deals.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

psymun

Starter
#12 : March 16, 2007, 11:46:27 AM

"Finally, Baker got around last week to finalizing Winborn's new pact with the Bucs, which was off and running atop a ski slope in Tahoe on Feb. 20. Thus, Baker, to commemorate the long mountain-top dialogue with the Bucs, named incentive clauses in the contract The Ski Lift Compromise, Bundles of Joy, North Star Nudge, and the Maternity Ward Void."

Funny, I don't recall any news of Winborn getting a new deal. As far as what has been reported around here, Winborn merely chose not to opt out of his current deal. Hard to see how his agent can take any credit for that. I think the writer must have confused Garcia's and Winborn's deals.

His deal remained basically the same, but they added, I believe, and option bonus that extends the contract another year, and some other incentives if he earns more playing time...

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#13 : March 16, 2007, 12:07:59 PM

"Finally, Baker got around last week to finalizing Winborn's new pact with the Bucs, which was off and running atop a ski slope in Tahoe on Feb. 20. Thus, Baker, to commemorate the long mountain-top dialogue with the Bucs, named incentive clauses in the contract The Ski Lift Compromise, Bundles of Joy, North Star Nudge, and the Maternity Ward Void."

Funny, I don't recall any news of Winborn getting a new deal. As far as what has been reported around here, Winborn merely chose not to opt out of his current deal. Hard to see how his agent can take any credit for that. I think the writer must have confused Garcia's and Winborn's deals.

His deal remained basically the same, but they added, I believe, and option bonus that extends the contract another year, and some other incentives if he earns more playing time...

I haven't seen that reported anywhere. PR reported that since he declined to exercise his buyout cluase, that he was then entitled to a roster bonus for this year per his existing contract. Also, since he didn't opt out, the second year of his deal inow in effect. No mention of any new terms that I can find.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#14 : March 16, 2007, 02:30:35 PM

the "pact" may not have been financial in nature, maybe just a commitment from the bucs that they'd audition him on the strong side in training camp instead of parking him behind a legend who's unlikely to go to the sideline in any situation.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A look inside the Winborn and Garcia signings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools