Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Need opinions on these teams.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

: August 27, 2010, 03:53:01 AM

I have my actual money league draft on Sunday and to prepare I compiled my own value board that has 168 players/defenses on it. I've revised it here and there but these are the drafts that this board has netted me so far. Keep in mind these are all 12 team leagues. This board was done so that I always draft who I feel is the best available player regardless of position. This has led to me getting better trade assets. In middle rounds, instead of taking WR3 or a TE, I get a solid RB2 that fell that can be traded for a WR/TE that is better than anyone who was available.

You might also notice that Cadillac Williams and Mike Williams are on alot of these teams. They are being seriously undervalued. Cadillac is the main back here and Williams is going to get a ton of targets this year.. it has nothing to do with me being fans of either player.  ;)

Team #1(picked #5)
1. Frank Gore (SF - RB)
2. Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
3. Matt Schaub (Hou - QB)
4. Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)
5. Michael Crabtree (SF - WR)
6. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
7. Arian Foster (Hou - RB)
8. Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)
9. Heath Miller (Pit - TE)
10. Mike Williams (TB - WR)
11. Carnell Williams (TB - RB)
12. Chris Chambers (KC - WR)
13. Vince Young (Ten - QB)
14. David Akers (Phi - K)
15. Bernard Berrian (Min - WR)

Team #2(picked #9)
1. Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
2. Steven Jackson (StL - RB)
3. Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)
4. Anquan Boldin (Bal - WR)
6. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
7. Minnesota (Min - DEF)
8. Joseph Addai (Ind - RB)
10. Lee Evans (Buf - WR)
12. Mike Williams (TB - WR)
13. Chris Chambers (KC - WR)
14. Matt Hasselbeck (Sea - QB)
15. Matt Prater (Den - K)

Team #3(picked 12th)
1. Ryan Mathews (SD - RB)
4. Matt Schaub (Hou - QB)
5. Ronnie Brown (Mia - RB)
6. Johnny Knox (Chi - WR)
7. Terrell Owens (Cin - WR)
8. San Francisco (SF - DEF)
10. Carnell Williams (TB - RB)
11. Donovan McNabb (Was - QB)
13. Nate Washington (Ten - WR)
14. Chris Chambers (KC - WR)

Team #4(picked 4th)
1. Ray Rice (Bal - RB)
3. Jahvid Best (Det - RB)
5. Joe Flacco (Bal - QB)
7. Santana Moss (Was - WR)
8. Arian Foster (Hou - RB)
9. Dallas (Dal - DEF)
10. Heath Miller (Pit - TE)
11. Mike Williams (TB - WR)
12. Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
13. Dan Carpenter (Mia - K)
14. Nate Washington (Ten - WR)
15. Jabar Gaffney (Den - WR)

Thoughts?

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 27, 2010, 10:56:45 AM

Teams 1 & 2 are the best. You get an elite QB either way. Both have questionable depth on WR but Mike Williams will do good for you. I like 1 or 2 the best.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#2 : August 27, 2010, 11:22:33 AM

Teams 1 & 2 are the best. You get an elite QB either way. Both have questionable depth on WR but Mike Williams will do good for you. I like 1 or 2 the best.

When I get into the middle rounds, there are better RBs than WRs left. This happened in every single draft. RBs hold more value, so I'd rather take the extra RB and trade him. I do feel the same way that teams 1 and 2 are the best.. those are the 2 recent ones I did after some revisions.

The biggest mistake I made last year which just crippled my team was I drafted to fill starting positions rather than drafted the best players. The result was a 9th place team that was constantly searching for good players. Not doin that again.

JC510

Practice Squad

#3 : August 27, 2010, 12:12:59 PM

Not a fan of Stewart in fantasy. His numbers were too inconsistant in the 13 games Williams played.

Carolina is probably going to be bad this year too, which would really a hurt a guy like him. He's not going to get those second half and goal line carries if they're losing.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#4 : August 27, 2010, 12:31:18 PM

Stewert is a top 15 RB and a great RB2..I just checked and I have him rated as my 14th best RB. Sounds about right. I'm gettin him in the 3rd/4th round every time. Thats great value.

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 27, 2010, 12:35:04 PM

All in All the RB Position by far is weakest area this year IMO.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#6 : August 27, 2010, 12:38:38 PM

RB committees kill their value, but I still think there are 19 RBs worth drafting in the first 4 rounds and none of them are Michael Bush, Joseph Addai, Jamaal Charles, Beanie Wells, or Lesean McCoy.

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#7 : August 27, 2010, 01:05:17 PM

or Lesean McCoy.

I hope your wrong on him hahah I picked him up in my hondo league.

JC510

Practice Squad

#8 : August 27, 2010, 02:36:11 PM

Stewert is a top 15 RB and a great RB2..I just checked and I have him rated as my 14th best RB. Sounds about right. I'm gettin him in the 3rd/4th round every time. Thats great value.

Can't be a great #2 when you put up nothing a third of the time. That will kill you over the course of a season.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#9 : August 27, 2010, 04:39:19 PM

Can't be a great #2 when you put up nothing a third of the time. That will kill you over the course of a season.

Every single publication I've seen says he is a great #2. He had 1133 yards and 10 TD last year and hes primed for an even bigger 2010 now that hes healthy.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#10 : August 27, 2010, 04:40:50 PM

or Lesean McCoy.

I hope your wrong on him hahah I picked him up in my hondo league.

The thing about McCoy is he isnt going to score alot. Mike Bell andLeonard Weaver are the goal line and short yardage options, and the Eagles tendency to pass a lot is going to kill his rushing stats. He is a great RB to have in PPR though.

creamsicles

Starter
#11 : August 27, 2010, 10:16:01 PM

I'd be a bit concerned at WR2/3 on most teams... chicago lead receiver is a big unknown at this point so i wasn't completely sold on knox.  i have stewart on my team but handcuffed him with deangelo... since they were both nicked up alot last year, there may be a chance to trade and do the same later in the year (or trade stewart).  when one dominates the field, they're about as good as you can get fantasy wise. 

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#12 : August 27, 2010, 03:53:01 AM

I have my actual money league draft on Sunday and to prepare I compiled my own value board that has 168 players/defenses on it. I've revised it here and there but these are the drafts that this board has netted me so far. Keep in mind these are all 12 team leagues. This board was done so that I always draft who I feel is the best available player regardless of position. This has led to me getting better trade assets. In middle rounds, instead of taking WR3 or a TE, I get a solid RB2 that fell that can be traded for a WR/TE that is better than anyone who was available.

You might also notice that Cadillac Williams and Mike Williams are on alot of these teams. They are being seriously undervalued. Cadillac is the main back here and Williams is going to get a ton of targets this year.. it has nothing to do with me being fans of either player.  ;)

Team #1(picked #5)
1. Frank Gore (SF - RB)
3. Matt Schaub (Hou - QB)
6. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
7. Arian Foster (Hou - RB)
8. Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)
10. Mike Williams (TB - WR)
12. Chris Chambers (KC - WR)
13. Vince Young (Ten - QB)
14. David Akers (Phi - K)
15. Bernard Berrian (Min - WR)

Team #2(picked #9)
1. Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
2. Steven Jackson (StL - RB)
4. Anquan Boldin (Bal - WR)
6. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
7. Minnesota (Min - DEF)
8. Joseph Addai (Ind - RB)
10. Lee Evans (Buf - WR)
13. Chris Chambers (KC - WR)
14. Matt Hasselbeck (Sea - QB)

Team #3(picked 12th)
1. Ryan Mathews (SD - RB)
4. Matt Schaub (Hou - QB)
5. Ronnie Brown (Mia - RB)
7. Terrell Owens (Cin - WR)
8. San Francisco (SF - DEF)
10. Carnell Williams (TB - RB)
11. Donovan McNabb (Was - QB)
13. Nate Washington (Ten - WR)
14. Chris Chambers (KC - WR)

Team #4(picked 4th)
1. Ray Rice (Bal - RB)
3. Jahvid Best (Det - RB)
5. Joe Flacco (Bal - QB)
7. Santana Moss (Was - WR)
8. Arian Foster (Hou - RB)
9. Dallas (Dal - DEF)
10. Heath Miller (Pit - TE)
11. Mike Williams (TB - WR)
12. Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
13. Dan Carpenter (Mia - K)
14. Nate Washington (Ten - WR)
15. Jabar Gaffney (Den - WR)

Thoughts?

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 27, 2010, 10:56:45 AM

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#14 : August 27, 2010, 11:22:33 AM

When I get into the middle rounds, there are better RBs than WRs left. This happened in every single draft. RBs hold more value, so I'd rather take the extra RB and trade him. I do feel the same way that teams 1 and 2 are the best.. those are the 2 recent ones I did after some revisions.

The biggest mistake I made last year which just crippled my team was I drafted to fill starting positions rather than drafted the best players. The result was a 9th place team that was constantly searching for good players. Not doin that again.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Need opinions on these teams.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools