Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Briggs Next For Visit? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

: March 16, 2007, 12:07:03 AM

If the Bucs are bringing in Charles Grant, you have to believe they are on the phone with Briggs's agent. Since he has already stated he'll never play again in Chicago, I don't know why he'd refuse.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#1 : March 16, 2007, 12:30:48 AM

I hope so, I would love Briggs on this team, he would add some fire to the defense, and I think we could have the cap room to sign him to the money he wants, and he would hate chicago, which would be good for us!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 16, 2007, 01:32:42 AM

Grant will not become a Buc.  The Saints will ask too much, and the BUCs can't afford to give it all away for an above average DE, IMO.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 16, 2007, 01:16:46 PM

Grant will not become a Buc. The Saints will ask too much, and the BUCs can't afford to give it all away for an above average DE, IMO.

Id rather have Briggs myself

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#4 : March 16, 2007, 01:39:40 PM

I don't think Briggs is next. I think the FO views the pass rush as the problem, not the LBs. If the pass rush is there the LBs play better. If the front 4 stop the run, the LBs play better.

I think they'd rather invest in the line than the LB. I agree with that strategy.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 16, 2007, 01:46:04 PM

Grant could become a Buc. We have to come to the realization that most of what happens behind the seens does not get reported. Grant might be steamed at New Orleans for hitting him with a franchise tag rather then negotiating with him for a new contract. Grant might have decided to not take his problems with the saint orginasation public.

unfortunatly it is a wait and see game.

The reason for grant not taking his problems with the team public might be because he would rather not burn that bridge in the hopes of the saint being a team he would resign with.

T

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 16, 2007, 02:01:22 PM

Give me Briggs over Grant anyday. Grant didn't even have double digit sacks, he is barely above average. Briggs is the 2nd coming of Derrick Brooks. Move Brooks to MLB and have Briggs play ROLB.Give the Bears a 2nd rounder in 2007 and a 3rd rounder in 2008.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 16, 2007, 02:19:16 PM

We can't talk to Briggs unless the Bears give the OK, and I don't see that happening.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#8 : March 16, 2007, 02:27:21 PM

We can't talk to Briggs unless the Bears give the OK, and I don't see that happening.

Briggs has the same status as Grant. Neither are under contract, and both are free to talk and negotiate with any team, but if any teams decides to sign them they have to give up two first round picks.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 16, 2007, 02:28:56 PM

Briggs has the same status as Grant. Neither are under contract, and both are free to talk and negotiate with any team, but if any teams decides to sign them they have to give up two first round picks.

My mistake, I forgot that's why Briggs was p*ssed in the first place..

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#10 : March 16, 2007, 02:31:30 PM

if we can get either briggs, grant, or vilma at the right price ill be happy

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#11 : March 16, 2007, 07:08:26 PM

I would rather have Grant. He would make out D-Line great. You need a pass rush our LB's are not the problem. Boy i am so glad none of your are the GM we would really be a mess right now. You spend money on your needs not your wants. Briggs is a want because i don't see him playing any better than Brooks even though Brooks is 12 years into the NFL. Look at the Numbers on nfl.com Briggs only has 7 more tackles than DB Last year.. and Brooks was on a D that was struggling all year and had no run support or pass rush. D-Line was our Biggest problem. If you get pressure everything else will work itself out. remember people it starts up front on both sides of the ball. Our LB's was out most consistent position last year...

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 16, 2007, 07:15:29 PM

I would rather have Tom Brady,give the Patriots 4 1st round picks; '07,'08,'09,'10 1st rounders  and 2 2nd round picks(#35 and #64)Pats trade 2 #1 from the Bucs to Oakland,then NE trades #35,their 07 2nd rounder and our #64 for #15 pick
#1. Brady Quinn to NE
#4. Calvin Johnson to NE
#15. Reggie Nelson to NE

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#13 : March 16, 2007, 07:17:15 PM

I think  ??? Briggs was hit with the "non-exclusive" tag, so the Buccs can talk to him.

Any Club that designates a Franchise Player as "Exclusive" shall be the only Club with which that Franchise Player may negotiate or sign a contract.

If the team elects to name the player "non-exclusive" then the player shall be permitted to negotiate a contract with any Club as if he were an UFA; however, Draft Choice Compensation of TWO first round draft selections shall be awarded to the prior club in the event that he signs with the new club.

fanofdabucs

Second String

#14 : March 16, 2007, 07:21:17 PM

#1linebacker,

Comparing Brooks on his last leg  to the Lance Briggs in his prime is a complete joke.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Briggs Next For Visit? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools