Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Calvin Johnson's Pro Day Results « previous next »
Page: 1

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

: March 16, 2007, 08:36:05 AM

C.J. is has put up some very impressive numbers. Can anyone recall Randy Moss' 40, vert, broad? Just curious

This is what he did in high school.  He skipped the combine and I don't know what he did at his private workouts before the draft. 

http://espn.go.com/classic/biography/s/Moss_Randy.html

At DuPont High School in nearby Belle, Moss' athletic feats bordered on legend. With 4.25 speed in the 40 and a 39-inch vertical leap, he excelled in football, baseball, track and basketball, being named the state's player of the year in basketball twice and in football once.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 16, 2007, 12:40:09 AM

Didn't see them posted yet.  Tech's pro day was Thursday.

The comments are from NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech:

Johnson, whom some people think is the most talented player in the draft, had a broad jump of 11 feet 7 inches. That's the best broad jump I can ever remember an NFL prospect having. And his vertical jump was outstanding, too (42½ inches). And he looked very good catching the ball while running routes.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#GAtech

Pretty much just reaffirms what is already know...Johnson is an out and out stud football player.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#2 : March 16, 2007, 12:41:19 AM

He did extremely well, so well that its likely imo that he will be a Raider

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 16, 2007, 12:42:21 AM

As long as we get him, Thomas, Adams, or Okoye I'm fine with our 1st rounder.  Chances are at 4 or small trade down, they'll get one of them.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 16, 2007, 12:49:43 AM

The Bucs whomever they get at 4, is surely to get a sorely missed "Playmaker" I want CJ, but the world won't end if he's in Oak. As long as he stays out of the NFC South.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

klb55

Starter

#5 : March 16, 2007, 12:56:41 AM

C.J. is has put up some very impressive numbers.  Can anyone recall Randy Moss' 40, vert, broad?  Just curious

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#6 : March 16, 2007, 01:15:27 AM

no complaints here if he becomes a buc JF SR how many buc scouts you think were there

#7 : March 16, 2007, 11:20:25 AM

A scout on Cold Pizza said Johnson's vert and broad jumps may have been the best ever before the draft.

psymun

Starter
#8 : March 16, 2007, 04:44:34 PM

Does it really matter?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : March 16, 2007, 05:29:42 PM

It does but I am sort of getting sick of talking about it :).

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 16, 2007, 07:14:01 PM

Did he run his shuttle and 3 cone? I didn't see those results and that was the figure that interested me a lot more than his jumps.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Calvin Johnson's Pro Day Results « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools