Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Final Results.....Most disliked Buc ever? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 18

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: August 28, 2010, 12:11:52 AM

Let's work on this project together
August, 27, 2010
 By Pat Yasinskas

Chat regular and loyal reader Mark H. in Greensboro, N.C., brought up a potentially good idea toward the end of Friday’s NFC South chat.

Here’s what Mark H. had to say: "IDEA ALERT HERE PAT: Most hated player in team's history for each team in the NFC South."

All right, this needs some polishing and parameters and I’m reaching out to help you set them. First off, let’s go with the phrase most “disliked’’ player. We have rules about staying on the high road here and I’ve got a hunch the bosses in Bristol probably would frown if we used a word stronger than disliked.

I asked fans for some early samples and here’s some of what I got.

Ray (Orlando): Mark's question easily for Carolina its David Carr

Stevie (Texas): Carolina would have to be (Julius) Peppers at the current moment haha.

Chad (Las Vegas): Dave Wilson for the New Orleans Saints. One of my first memories of the Saints is him throwing a backwards pass (not on purpose) to the N.E. Pats for them to score a TD.

Zach (Florida): For Atlanta Bobby Petrino

All, right, those are ideas and Zach’s mention of Petrino makes me think we should make coaches, general managers and owners eligible. Now, some questions for you: Should we make the time frame the entire history of all four teams in the NFC South? Should we simply start the clock at the creation of the NFC South in 2002? Should we go only with current figures?

I’m also thinking we really need you to focus solely on your favorite NFL team and pick the figure you dislike most. In other words, I don’t want to turn this into something where Atlanta fans say they dislike Drew Brees or Tampa Bay fans say they dislike Steve Smith. That’s a formula for unnecessary ugliness.

So let’s keep it to guys from teams that aren’t liked by their own fans. It’ll be up to fans to pick who they dislike most and I’ll ask for your votes. Soon enough. But before we really get this ball rolling, send me your thoughts on the questions about parameters that I mentioned or feel free to send in any ideas or issues I might not have thought of to my mailbag.

I’ll sort through your ideas and come up with some firm parameters. Then, I’ll do a post where I announce those parameters and ask for your votes.

Final results

Beloved/disliked: Tampa Bay Bucccaneers
September, 7, 2010 Sep 7    11:00AM  By Pat Yasinskas

Here are the results of your voting for the most beloved and disliked figures in the history of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Alstott
Beloved figure: Mike Alstott.

Reader comment: “The thing about Alstott is our love for him wasn't so much his contributions to the community or charitable works (which he has plenty of, albeit maybe not as high profile/numerous as Derrick Brooks or Lee Roy Selmon).But to me and probably a lot of other fans, it's just that every time I think of the A-Train, I think of Chris Berman going "Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom" as he literally ran over would-be tacklers on Sportscenter highlights and was the most consistent interest generator for an area who usually gets no respect nationally. Brings a smile to my face every time. No one on the Bucs has ever been as FUN to watch in my opinion as he was." -- -Leroy, Gainesville FL

Runner-up: Derrick Brooks. The voting in this category was the closest of any throughout the division. Alstott beat Brooks by two votes.

Culverhouse
Disliked figure: Hugh Culverhouse.

Reader comment: "Hugh Culverhouse. The guy basically ruined the franchise for as long as he ran it, traded our only franchise QB (Doug Williams) out of town because he wanted a new contract and he missed out on what Bo Jackson could've been."-- Carlos, Panama.

Runner-up: Keyshawn Johnson. This one wasn’t all that close. Culverhouse received nearly twice as many votes as Johnson.

pewterpirates

Starter
#1 : August 28, 2010, 12:12:54 AM

KENYATTA WALKER!!!!!!!!......I still get chills thinkin bout his sorry a**

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 28, 2010, 12:17:26 AM

lol... Bucs fans will have a long list... we seem to hate everyone

Here's my short list .. Only 22 years old so I can't speak on the earlier years...

Tim Brown
Kenyatta Walker
Rob Johnson
Alvin Harper
...Derrick Ward is fast approaching this status.

I don't know who else...

I would say Clayton but judging by what I saw at Bucs home games last year, fans seemed to still be okay with him (or at least not HATE him, yet)

BucsMagic64

Starter

#3 : August 28, 2010, 12:21:13 AM

If you go by since the NFC South started in 2002, it's easily Clayton for me.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#4 : August 28, 2010, 12:43:14 AM

Bo Jackson??????  Oh, what could have been.....

[Add witty one liner here]

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 28, 2010, 12:43:37 AM

Bo Jackson! What a bum.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 28, 2010, 01:09:59 AM

Wansley - 1st  :'( [banghead] :'( [banghead]

Walker - 2nd

Clayton - 3rd

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#7 : August 28, 2010, 01:12:13 AM

Jeff Garcia.

chaddo1213

Rookie

#8 : August 28, 2010, 01:33:30 AM

Jeff Garcia.

Idk about that. A lot of people didn't seem to like him, but a lot of people(myself included) did like him. He's definitely not nearly as hated on as Clayton, or some of the other prominent names mentioned.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 28, 2010, 01:38:48 AM

Clayton

Kenyatta "False Start" Walker

Wansley

That's really it. But I can't really blame Wansley too much, I blame the moron who decided it was a good idea to put him up against Marvin Harrison in that bucs/colts game when kelly went down.

bucshot420

Starter

#10 : August 28, 2010, 01:41:46 AM

Wow way too many made me want to pull my hair out.  Vinny T and Trent Dilfer have to be at the top of the list followed shortly there after by Alvin Harper,Eric Curry and Bo Jackson.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 28, 2010, 01:45:35 AM

Clayton

Stratobuc

Starter
#12 : August 28, 2010, 01:51:29 AM

Harper - by a mile.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 28, 2010, 02:12:16 AM

My personal list of "Hate" would include: Dilfer, Walker, "Hurt" Emanuel, Gaines Adams, Dexter Jackson, Harper

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 28, 2010, 02:25:43 AM

Maybe the Bucs organization should start a Ring of Hate with an annual inductee.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Final Results.....Most disliked Buc ever? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools