Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Bucs are serious about signing Grant... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: March 16, 2007, 08:41:01 AM

1. Trade #4 pick to Jets for Vilma and their 1st (#25)
2. Trade down with Bears or Colts and get what you can... maybe even #25 and 2nd round pick for Bears #1 and Briggs (doubt they'd do that... try same with freeny and ship out rice?)
3. Sign Grant

Gives us Vilma, Briggs/Freeny/pick, and Grant. Also makes us younger.

Could also be fun to keep trading down a few spots and accumulate picks in 2nd and 3rd round.

Basically, this Grant only makes sense to me if Bucs are considering trading down.

Cap impact not analyzed in this scenario. Please have patience with my newbie thoughts.

Welcome aboard!

surge1972

Practice Squad

#1 : March 16, 2007, 05:26:36 AM

2. Trade down with Bears or Colts and get what you can... maybe even #25 and 2nd round pick for Bears #1 and Briggs (doubt they'd do that... try same with freeny and ship out rice?)
3. Sign Grant

Gives us Vilma, Briggs/Freeny/pick, and Grant.  Also makes us younger.

Could also be fun to keep trading down a few spots and accumulate picks in 2nd and 3rd round.

Basically, this Grant only makes sense to me if Bucs are considering trading down.

Cap impact not analyzed in this scenario.  Please have patience with my newbie thoughts.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 16, 2007, 08:04:31 AM

I think if we are going to trade with the Colts we should go for Manning as well.  Maybe they would be willing to give him up for a third.  Since we are fielding an allstar team we have to grab a franchise QB as well.  ;D

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 16, 2007, 08:18:20 AM

Or...
[lunacy]
ship Simms to Oakland for their 1st
ship Rice to Detroit for their 1st
ship Kelly to NO for Grant
ship Clayton to Oakland for their 3rd
Give up a 2nd for Briggs
give up a 2nd for Freeny
trade the Detroit 1st for Vilma
then, to cap it all off, we send a 1st and a 3rd to Indy for Manning
[/lunacy]

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

Buccobruce

Starter

#4 : March 16, 2007, 08:48:08 AM

3. Sign Grant

Im sure its that easy

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 16, 2007, 09:05:11 AM

You can play that sort of game to sign a player otherwise everyone would just trade their pick for #32 overall and a bag of rocks since they'll lose it anyways.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#6 : March 16, 2007, 09:22:48 AM

I read you must surrender your pick, youcant trade down.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 16, 2007, 09:25:04 AM

I read you must surrender your pick, youcant trade down.

Yes, if you sign a franchised player and the other team doesn't match, you have to surrender YOUR two first round picks. However, I seriously doubt this is going to be the case. I believe the Bucs are serious about Grant, so they'll work a sign-and-trade deal with the Saints, if the Saints want to play. Grant is unhappy about having the franchise tag, so NO may want to deal him.

#8 : March 16, 2007, 09:42:05 AM

3. Sign Grant

Gives us Vilma, Briggs/Freeny/pick, and Grant. Also makes us younger.

Cap impact not analyzed in this scenario. Please have patience with my newbie thoughts.

First of all if we sign Grant my guess is we will have to give NO this year's #1 and next years #1 so the Vilma trade wouldnt happen

If we didnt trade for Grant I would LOVE the trade for Vilma as he is probably the perfect fit for the Tampa Two. However we wouldnt get their #1 as well....we may pick up a #2 or #3

I say Trade with NY get Vilma and their #2 (27)
Draft Charles Johnson (2a) Draft Sabby Piscitelli (2b) Draft Marcus Thomas (2c)
Draft Steve Smith with your Third Rounder

That would give us a Pro Bowl Linebacker....a great DE....a Physical Safety....a solid DT....and a playmaking WR

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 16, 2007, 09:44:03 AM

rockowpb

Rookie

#10 : March 16, 2007, 11:10:45 AM

No way do we give up our #4 for Grant. If we did they would have to get Bruces head examined. We could pick a better player than Grant for less money at #4 and have him for more years. Now if they would take a lower pick say our 3rd rounder, that would be different.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 16, 2007, 12:12:52 PM

Yeah Marley these Madden kids need to come back to reality. :D

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 16, 2007, 12:18:03 PM

There are other deals in the works. There is no way in the world they would give up 2 #1's for charles grant, it just wouldn't happen. Something is in the works though and the bucs are just getting a "feel" with Grant.

Baghead #2

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 16, 2007, 12:20:15 PM

We should trade every player on our team and get the first 53 picks in the draft!

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 16, 2007, 12:48:49 PM

If New Orleans knew we would end up trading our 4th pick anyways, what makes you think they would make the Grant deal without it? Not to be a **CENSORED**, but this thread sucks.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Bucs are serious about signing Grant... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools