Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Calvin Johnson's Pro Day Results « previous next »
Page: 1

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

: March 16, 2007, 08:36:05 AM

C.J. is has put up some very impressive numbers. Can anyone recall Randy Moss' 40, vert, broad? Just curious

This is what he did in high school.  He skipped the combine and I don't know what he did at his private workouts before the draft. 

http://espn.go.com/classic/biography/s/Moss_Randy.html

At DuPont High School in nearby Belle, Moss' athletic feats bordered on legend. With 4.25 speed in the 40 and a 39-inch vertical leap, he excelled in football, baseball, track and basketball, being named the state's player of the year in basketball twice and in football once.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 16, 2007, 12:40:09 AM

Didn't see them posted yet.  Tech's pro day was Thursday.

The comments are from NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech:

Johnson, whom some people think is the most talented player in the draft, had a broad jump of 11 feet 7 inches. That's the best broad jump I can ever remember an NFL prospect having. And his vertical jump was outstanding, too (42½ inches). And he looked very good catching the ball while running routes.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#GAtech

Pretty much just reaffirms what is already know...Johnson is an out and out stud football player.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#2 : March 16, 2007, 12:41:19 AM

He did extremely well, so well that its likely imo that he will be a Raider

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 16, 2007, 12:42:21 AM

As long as we get him, Thomas, Adams, or Okoye I'm fine with our 1st rounder.  Chances are at 4 or small trade down, they'll get one of them.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 16, 2007, 12:49:43 AM

The Bucs whomever they get at 4, is surely to get a sorely missed "Playmaker" I want CJ, but the world won't end if he's in Oak. As long as he stays out of the NFC South.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

klb55

Starter

#5 : March 16, 2007, 12:56:41 AM

C.J. is has put up some very impressive numbers.  Can anyone recall Randy Moss' 40, vert, broad?  Just curious

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#6 : March 16, 2007, 01:15:27 AM

no complaints here if he becomes a buc JF SR how many buc scouts you think were there

#7 : March 16, 2007, 11:20:25 AM

A scout on Cold Pizza said Johnson's vert and broad jumps may have been the best ever before the draft.

psymun

Starter
#8 : March 16, 2007, 04:44:34 PM

Does it really matter?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : March 16, 2007, 05:29:42 PM

It does but I am sort of getting sick of talking about it :).

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 16, 2007, 07:14:01 PM

Did he run his shuttle and 3 cone? I didn't see those results and that was the figure that interested me a lot more than his jumps.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Calvin Johnson's Pro Day Results « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools