Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will be back at Saftey « previous next »
Page: 1

JGalloway84

Rookie

: March 16, 2007, 06:36:14 AM

Who do you think will return at saftey? Will either of them be there? I think there was aot of upside to Will Allen coming into the season, but that was qucikly shot down. 2 plays I can remember really made me wonder about this guy.

#1 He got juked out of his shoes by a full back
#2 He stayed on the field with a limp and the Cowboys offense took advantage.

While Jermaine Phillips has had more time to prove himself and therefor should be the one to go, I think he came on stronger near the end of the season. I think he even notched an INT??

Shoot, I dont know......get rid of hem both. Thats the easy fix.

JC510

Practice Squad

#1 : March 16, 2007, 07:15:33 AM

Both will be on the roster. Neither is guranteed to start though.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 16, 2007, 03:09:49 PM

I think Phillips is a better fit at FS and we should pursue a SS. We need a SS who can takle. I also think both of these guys were the product of an invisible defensive line. It's not always a certain players fault in our defensive scheme. It relies heavily on pressure. We had the highest QB rating against us in the NFL. For the first time in 9 years it was above 82.0. That tells me our d-line sucked fat nutts last year.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#3 : March 16, 2007, 03:12:25 PM

i still cant figure out why we never resigned dexter jackson last year. he was the most underrated player on the bucs defense a couple years ago.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : March 16, 2007, 03:14:04 PM

I would imagine that Jermaine Phillips and Will Allen would return at saftey.  They might not be the starters, but they will be back as back-ups.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 16, 2007, 03:15:02 PM

Because we thought we had a replacement in Will Allen. Again Dex was a good Buc, but he hasn't been good in ARi, or Cincy

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 16, 2007, 03:16:50 PM

It's hard for me to say this after last season but I think both guys return as starters. That is why your seeing all this front 7 talk. Build a solid front 7 and your safeties can be average.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#7 : March 16, 2007, 03:17:57 PM

Because we thought we had a replacement in Will Allen. Again Dex was a good Buc, but he hasn't been good in ARi, or Cincy

He did have a career high 6 interceptions the year he was with the Cardinals.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 16, 2007, 03:20:01 PM

Yea, because he saw plenty of passes. If he was consistant he wouldn't have been cut. Remember they signed him to a big deal and he never delivered. Mainly becuase of injuries.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 16, 2007, 03:55:14 PM

To be fair, the DL wasn't applying any pressure whatsoever during that game. It'd be hard to cover anyone even if he had 3 legs..

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 16, 2007, 07:24:28 PM

Phillips will be retained in my opinion if he lowers his cap value or if Raheem feels he can reclaim him in some fashion.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 16, 2007, 07:35:25 PM

Aaron Rouse had a pretty good senior bowl..
With the 64th pick in the 2007 NFL draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Aaron Rouse Saftey Va Tech

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

fanofdabucs

Second String

#12 : March 16, 2007, 07:42:17 PM

I had a lot of hope for both coming ot of college, but the are easily beat deep and to top it off they can't tackle. Other than that, yeah bring'em back.

nflinsider

Starter

#13 : March 16, 2007, 07:55:29 PM

Who do you think will return at saftey? Will either of them be there? I think there was aot of upside to Will Allen coming into the season, but that was qucikly shot down. 2 plays I can remember really made me wonder about this guy.

#1 He got juked out of his shoes by a full back

While Jermaine Phillips has had more time to prove himself and therefor should be the one to go, I think he came on stronger near the end of the season. I think he even notched an INT??

Shoot, I dont know......get rid of hem both. Thats the easy fix.

Whoever it is, I hope they can tackle!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will be back at Saftey « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools