Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#30 : August 28, 2010, 11:47:03 PM

We need a lot. Thats what happens when you are rebuilding though. I think depending on how much the Glazers are willing to invest into the team in the coming years we will see better depth at those positions. It also depends on Dom and Morris if they actually stick around past this year or if they get fired after this season. I dont see him getting fired after this year as I think the Glazers will only fire him if they get less than 6 wins.  Give us 3 years and we should be a regular playoff contender if they do it right.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 28, 2010, 11:49:47 PM

Golden Tate had himself a good night. 2 catches for 47 yards. 5 catches for 50 yards this pre-season.  I really hope Arrelious Benn decides to show up soon. Still pissed we passed up Tate for Benn. I think a starting line up of Williams Stroughter and Tate would have been awesome.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 28, 2010, 11:51:34 PM

Golden Tate had himself a good night. 2 catches for 47 yards. 5 catches for 50 yards this pre-season. I really hope Arrelious Benn decides to show up soon. Still pissed we passed up Tate for Benn. I think a starting line up of Williams Stroughter and Tate would have been awesome.

I was kind of hoping we took Tate too, but I do understand the logic behind the pick at least. Tate is very similar to Stroughter and Benn provides the size and strength after the catch that we lack...in theory, at least.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 28, 2010, 11:54:48 PM

Golden Tate had himself a good night. 2 catches for 47 yards. 5 catches for 50 yards this pre-season.� I really hope Arrelious Benn decides to show up soon. Still pissed we passed up Tate for Benn. I think a starting line up of Williams Stroughter and Tate would have been awesome.

I was kind of hoping we took Tate too, but I do understand the logic behind the pick at least. Tate is very similar to Stroughter and Benn provides the size and strength after the catch that we lack...in theory, at least.

It just baffled me because we moved up to get him too. Honestly Mark D has done some amazing things with this team but every good thing he has done something bad shows its head too (Ward, Clayton, Reggie Brown, etc.) I just hope Benn can provide something soon or otherwise it is disheartening seeing a WR taken so highly over much better players available ( Tate, D.Williams, Shipley,). Just hope he can pick up the pace and prove why he was chosen so high.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 29, 2010, 12:16:00 AM

I wouldn't say Brown was a mistake because we hardly gave up anything for him and there was no guarantee that we'd be able to get Mike Williams(or that he'd be THIS good). I have noticed, though, that most of Dominick's mistakes have come from free agency and most of his successes have come through the draft. Certainly better than the reverse, but hopefully he'll be able to improve on FA as well.

I wouldn't worry TOO much about Benn though. At least not yet. I always viewed him as a project player even before we took him. He's got a lot of potential, but he's coming out of a messy situation in Illinois where he had no QB at all who could ever get him the ball. So it's a transition that will probably take some time...hopefully, one that will work out for us.

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#35 : August 29, 2010, 12:20:42 AM

Clowns of Tampa!

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 29, 2010, 12:22:20 AM

why do people hate on JJ? He's fine as a backup.

wyla86

Second String

#37 : August 29, 2010, 12:24:52 AM

i definitely wanna see Benn given some chances like screens and quick slants... i believe he'll come around .... hopefully soon though
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We need... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools