Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs most active team in FA « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucLord

Starter

: March 16, 2007, 12:58:03 PM

Well at least one of you meatheads had the nads to at least show me where you think I'm wrong

Bottom line is this ladies

Other than Davis, not one of these signings shows any youth at all. And Davis is quite possibly the worse CB in the NFL next to Phillip Buchannon. I'm surprised some of you think its okay to keep renewing your season tickets like me only to see this team do nothing to secure its future

We'll revisit this thread after week 3, and I expect the majority of you to step forward and be counted

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 16, 2007, 09:15:55 AM

They said they'd be active and they've kept their word. From PFT:

FOR SIX TEAMS, NO NEW FREE AGENTS

Since free agency opened two weeks ago, 26 teams have signed players who spent the 2006 season with other teams.

Six teams, to date, have not signed a single free agent who played elsewhere last year.

The Bengals, Ravens, Chargers, Giants, Bears, and Panthers are the franchises who have opted thus far to stand pat.  Of that group, both the Giants and the Ravens have traded for new running backs.  But none of this six-pack of teams has inked a new veteran player.

Four other teams have signed only one new player.  The Colts recently inked quarterback John Navarre, a third-year player who received no free-agent tender from the Cardinals.  The Packers signed cornerback Frank Walker earlier this week.  The Steelers signed offensive lineman Sean Mahan over the weekend.  And the Titans recently snagged cornerback Nick Harper.

The most active team to date has been the Bucs, with seven new players under contract.  The Browns have signed six, and the 49ers, Raiders, and Patriots have signed five.

BucLord

Starter

#2 : March 16, 2007, 09:17:33 AM

And one of the worst in it too

Grade?

C-

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 16, 2007, 09:18:43 AM

I'd grade the Bucs free agency period as A+ relative to any team other than the Patriots.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#4 : March 16, 2007, 09:20:46 AM

Grade?

C-

Name a beter QB in Free agentcy the Bucs could of signed.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 16, 2007, 09:22:47 AM

::)

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 16, 2007, 09:29:06 AM

Grade?

C-

Of course, why would I expect anything positive from the lord.

BucLord

Starter

#7 : March 16, 2007, 10:22:51 AM

Grade?

C-

I only gave then a C- minus because of Garcia, or it would have been an F. Thats it, the others are complete garbage.

Johnny boy seems to have this hard on for picking up a bunch of busts. You all went googoo for Fonoti last year when I tried to tell you he wouldnt make the team, he failed 2 physicals prior to us signing him.

Lets take a look at what we did

Jeff Garcia: One shot away from being crippled, 37 years old and we aint the Eagles

Luke Pettigout:Was released by the Giants.. Why? You dont drop LT's like they are 5th rd nickleback corners. The Redskins passed on him and we couldnt even agree on a contract with him the 1st time we met, wanna know why? He wanted the 3 year deal he and his agent got and our original offer was for 1 year.. whats that tell ya? The guys got serious back problems and he missed half a season. Lets not all try and pretend we just signed a premier FA here okay?

Luke "False start" Pettigout, greeeaaat

Kevin Carter:  LOL, C'mon man, Dude will be 35 this year, he had what 5 sacks in 2 years with the Dolphins?.. Gimme a break, heck he was such a "Hot" item we signed him to a deal without a signing bonus,.... without a signing bonus? Yup, he had alot of teams looking to get him

Sammy Davis:  We're on a roll here guys!! , Yeah he was so good he started just one game for the Niners who were the worst passing defense in the NFL, he was released after just 1 year with the Niners after being traded there, which means this is his 3rd TEAM IN 1 SEASON ! Apparently Johnny boy has "big plans" for Davis... Yeah sure Johnny, we all wait with bated breath. Did Davis undergo some sort of bionoc limb surgery that I'm not aware of?

Jon Gruden just reeks of desperation, he's signing cheap bust hoping he can get something outta them, he's failed.. he cant do it.. Tim Brown, Garner, Stuessie, Fonoti, the list goes on and on

Who did better someone asked?

The Pats of course and so did the Niners, and look at the Raiders.. signed SB RB Dominic Rhoades and one of the best "YOUNG" FB's in Griffith yet Grudens content to go with a FB thats way past his prime.

I'd trade our whole offseason moves for what the Niners and Raiders did, How much bettter of a offense do you think we would have been with a running combo of Williams & Rhoades, and tossing in one of the best young FB, a guy by the way who tore us a new butthole.. How great would have been to know that we just locked up one of the best young FB's in the NFL in Griffith?

Lets all try and not pretend that these FA signing are gonna get us over the hump okay?

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 16, 2007, 10:26:58 AM

Well, that seals the deal for me. No need to pay any further attention to any posts from BL.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 16, 2007, 10:29:49 AM

Yes because I'm sure Gruden's #1 FB target in FA was Mike Alstott. ::)

There's no way to pay him and Griffith that much for a position that is important, just not critical to Gruden's offense.  Allen went with the PR signing and kept Alstott and signed the less expensive and still young Askew.

The thing I find humerous is that the same ones whining about not getting Griffith would be the same ones stringing Gruden and Allen up the flagpoles at OBP for not bringing back Alstott.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#10 : March 16, 2007, 10:55:02 AM

I am pulling for most improved rather than most active.  But that won't be determined until about 8 games into the regular season.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 16, 2007, 11:07:41 AM

Well, that seals the deal for me. No need to pay any further attention to any posts from BL.

You're just now figuring that out?   I didn't read his somewhat long post here, but I'm sure it wasn't worth the read anyway.

#12 : March 16, 2007, 11:14:49 AM

The haters will never rest. sigh.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 16, 2007, 11:22:09 AM

You're just now figuring that out?   I didn't read his somewhat long post here, but I'm sure it wasn't worth the read anyway.

I tried to be open to him, but some of what it put in that last post just sealed it.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#14 : March 16, 2007, 11:27:52 AM

Grade?

C-

I only gave then a C- minus because of Garcia, or it would have been an F. Thats it, the others are complete garbage.

Johnny boy seems to have this hard on for picking up a bunch of busts. You all went googoo for Fonoti last year when I tried to tell you he wouldnt make the team, he failed 2 physicals prior to us signing him.

Lets take a look at what we did

Jeff Garcia: One shot away from being crippled, 37 years old and we aint the Eagles

Luke Pettigout:Was released by the Giants.. Why? You dont drop LT's like they are 5th rd nickleback corners. The Redskins passed on him and we couldnt even agree on a contract with him the 1st time we met, wanna know why? He wanted the 3 year deal he and his agent got and our original offer was for 1 year.. whats that tell ya? The guys got serious back problems and he missed half a season. Lets not all try and pretend we just signed a premier FA here okay?

Luke "False start" Pettigout, greeeaaat

Kevin Carter:  LOL, C'mon man, Dude will be 35 this year, he had what 5 sacks in 2 years with the Dolphins?.. Gimme a break, heck he was such a "Hot" item we signed him to a deal without a signing bonus,.... without a signing bonus? Yup, he had alot of teams looking to get him

Sammy Davis:  We're on a roll here guys!! , Yeah he was so good he started just one game for the Niners who were the worst passing defense in the NFL, he was released after just 1 year with the Niners after being traded there, which means this is his 3rd TEAM IN 1 SEASON ! Apparently Johnny boy has "big plans" for Davis... Yeah sure Johnny, we all wait with bated breath. Did Davis undergo some sort of bionoc limb surgery that I'm not aware of?

Jon Gruden just reeks of desperation, he's signing cheap bust hoping he can get something outta them, he's failed.. he cant do it.. Tim Brown, Garner, Stuessie, Fonoti, the list goes on and on

Who did better someone asked?

The Pats of course and so did the Niners, and look at the Raiders.. signed SB RB Dominic Rhoades and one of the best "YOUNG" FB's in Griffith yet Grudens content to go with a FB thats way past his prime.

I'd trade our whole offseason moves for what the Niners and Raiders did, How much bettter of a offense do you think we would have been with a running combo of Williams & Rhoades, and tossing in one of the best young FB, a guy by the way who tore us a new butthole.. How great would have been to know that we just locked up one of the best young FB's in the NFL in Griffith?

Lets all try and not pretend that these FA signing are gonna get us over the hump okay?

Calm down BL.

You rant makes no sense. You've highlighted every negative aspect of all our FA signings and thats it. You have to think a bit more.

First of all what the Niners did was irresponsible to the cap. Signing free agents to huge contracts is the fastest way back to cap hell. Clements contact will get larger and larger through the years and it is no gurantee he will be Champ Bailey in a Niners uniform. The Niners spent like crazy when they finally have cap room. So if you'd trade our moves for theirs then we would have blown our cap space to hell. (That might have happened if we pushed hard for Steinbach. which we didn't.)

The Patriots were uncharacteristic this year and spent money. Few teams have been winning like the patriots in recent years. So their formula has been working. So if spending money in FA is uncharateristic for a perennial contender it good emough for the Bucs. Plus if youy look they targeted guys they really needed and could afford. Thomas and Stallworth. IMO the patriots are trying to hold off resurgences of their AFC east rival Jets. To keep a firm clamp on the division.

Getting back to the Bucs

Luke Pet.- Has his ? marks but no one can argue that if he is playing at his level he is a major upgrade over Anthony Davis.
Carter-  Recieved no signing Bonus. He is the Chris Hovan experiment all over again. If he works out great and if not we part ways with no harm done. Carter has been proven as a very durable player and adds more muscle at DT if he plays their as expected. The bucs want to stop the run and getting bigger along the line helps that.

Garcia- Yeah he is 37. But he is not a cripple or a flake. He came in here first day. knowing he had to fight for a roster spot with Chris and possibly Plummer and he didn't run from that. I like this his intangibles. He has fire and is a leader plus is well versed in the west coast offense. The eagles could have rolled over when he steped in but didn't. If the bucs rally around a QB we could shoch some people. If we get Joe Thomas and a decent WR in the later rounds ou offence actually looks potent.

Davis is just like carter.  project.

Lastly if Jon Gruden wants to look desperate. Good. Desperation motivates. As long as Bruce dosen't let him blow up the cap and squander draft picks he can do whatever the hell he wants as long as he wins.

I'll say we get a C+. If the moves pan out then I'll put that to a B. But that won't be till week 8. So everyone thats thinks the sky is falling is really premature.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs most active team in FA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools