Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs most active team in FA « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#15 : March 16, 2007, 11:46:26 AM

And one of the worst in it too

Grade?

C-

Name a beter QB in Free agentcy the Bucs could of signed.

I only gave then a C- minus because of Garcia, or it would have been an F. Thats it, the others are complete garbage.

Johnny boy seems to have this hard on for picking up a bunch of busts. You all went googoo for Fonoti last year when I tried to tell you he wouldnt make the team, he failed 2 physicals prior to us signing him.

Lets take a look at what we did

Jeff Garcia: One shot away from being crippled, 37 years old and we aint the Eagles

Luke Pettigout:Was released by the Giants.. Why? You dont drop LT's like they are 5th rd nickleback corners. The Redskins passed on him and we couldnt even agree on a contract with him the 1st time we met, wanna know why? He wanted the 3 year deal he and his agent got and our original offer was for 1 year.. whats that tell ya? The guys got serious back problems and he missed half a season. Lets not all try and pretend we just signed a premier FA here okay?

Luke "False start" Pettigout, greeeaaat

Kevin Carter:  LOL, C'mon man, Dude will be 35 this year, he had what 5 sacks in 2 years with the Dolphins?.. Gimme a break, heck he was such a "Hot" item we signed him to a deal without a signing bonus,.... without a signing bonus? Yup, he had alot of teams looking to get him

Sammy Davis:  We're on a roll here guys!! , Yeah he was so good he started just one game for the Niners who were the worst passing defense in the NFL, he was released after just 1 year with the Niners after being traded there, which means this is his 3rd TEAM IN 1 SEASON ! Apparently Johnny boy has "big plans" for Davis... Yeah sure Johnny, we all wait with bated breath. Did Davis undergo some sort of bionoc limb surgery that I'm not aware of?

Jon Gruden just reeks of desperation, he's signing cheap bust hoping he can get something outta them, he's failed.. he cant do it.. Tim Brown, Garner, Stuessie, Fonoti, the list goes on and on

Who did better someone asked?

The Pats of course and so did the Niners, and look at the Raiders.. signed SB RB Dominic Rhoades and one of the best "YOUNG" FB's in Griffith yet Grudens content to go with a FB thats way past his prime.

I'd trade our whole offseason moves for what the Niners and Raiders did, How much bettter of a offense do you think we would have been with a running combo of Williams & Rhoades, and tossing in one of the best young FB, a guy by the way who tore us a new butthole.. How great would have been to know that we just locked up one of the best young FB's in the NFL in Griffith?

Lets all try and not pretend that these FA signing are gonna get us over the hump okay?

That was one of the most uneducated, uninformed, unconnected to reality, and retard posts I've seen and unfortunately read since coming here. I wish there was a way to start a "Survivor Show" of sorts where once a week we drop a nincumpoop poster like they're hot and send them Buc board way. BL you fit in what Carlos Mencina calls the "doot da doo" bracket...You Sofa King We Todd Did!

Couple questions for you jr?

What does we ain't da Eggles have to do with signing the best FA QB available? Is John Navvare more your taste?

How can a man (Kevin Carter) age 2 years in one season? He's 33 not 35.

How can a man's (yours) math skills suck soo bad that when you see 5.5 sacks and 6 sacks in the last 2 seasons somehow it equals 5?

If Luke Pet has 10 false starts this year and opens holes like he did for Tiki and helps Caddy put up 1400-1700 rushing yards then that's a trade I'm willing to make...how about you? And FYI the Skins wanted him badly...he chose to sign here for less money.

In the immortal words of a man I'm not that fond of....Please have a take and Don't Suck!

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 16, 2007, 12:18:10 PM

MVP - appreciate your effort but I believe it is wasted on "BucLord"

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#17 : March 16, 2007, 12:34:47 PM

And one of the worst in it too

Grade?

C-

Name a beter QB in Free agentcy the Bucs could of signed.

I only gave then a C- minus because of Garcia, or it would have been an F. Thats it, the others are complete garbage.

Johnny boy seems to have this hard on for picking up a bunch of busts. You all went googoo for Fonoti last year when I tried to tell you he wouldnt make the team, he failed 2 physicals prior to us signing him.

Lets take a look at what we did

Jeff Garcia: One shot away from being crippled, 37 years old and we aint the Eagles

Luke Pettigout:Was released by the Giants.. Why? You dont drop LT's like they are 5th rd nickleback corners. The Redskins passed on him and we couldnt even agree on a contract with him the 1st time we met, wanna know why? He wanted the 3 year deal he and his agent got and our original offer was for 1 year.. whats that tell ya? The guys got serious back problems and he missed half a season. Lets not all try and pretend we just signed a premier FA here okay?

Luke "False start" Pettigout, greeeaaat

Kevin Carter:  LOL, C'mon man, Dude will be 35 this year, he had what 5 sacks in 2 years with the Dolphins?.. Gimme a break, heck he was such a "Hot" item we signed him to a deal without a signing bonus,.... without a signing bonus? Yup, he had alot of teams looking to get him

Sammy Davis:  We're on a roll here guys!! , Yeah he was so good he started just one game for the Niners who were the worst passing defense in the NFL, he was released after just 1 year with the Niners after being traded there, which means this is his 3rd TEAM IN 1 SEASON ! Apparently Johnny boy has "big plans" for Davis... Yeah sure Johnny, we all wait with bated breath. Did Davis undergo some sort of bionoc limb surgery that I'm not aware of?

Jon Gruden just reeks of desperation, he's signing cheap bust hoping he can get something outta them, he's failed.. he cant do it.. Tim Brown, Garner, Stuessie, Fonoti, the list goes on and on

Who did better someone asked?

The Pats of course and so did the Niners, and look at the Raiders.. signed SB RB Dominic Rhoades and one of the best "YOUNG" FB's in Griffith yet Grudens content to go with a FB thats way past his prime.

I'd trade our whole offseason moves for what the Niners and Raiders did, How much bettter of a offense do you think we would have been with a running combo of Williams & Rhoades, and tossing in one of the best young FB, a guy by the way who tore us a new butthole.. How great would have been to know that we just locked up one of the best young FB's in the NFL in Griffith?

Lets all try and not pretend that these FA signing are gonna get us over the hump okay?

Dude !!!  Thanks for the update ! I had no idea that Free Agency is over....What was I thinking ?!

GenBrooks55

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 16, 2007, 01:00:42 PM

BucLord here bro

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

TEAMCALI

Starter

#19 : March 16, 2007, 01:03:41 PM

Well, that seals the deal for me. No need to pay any further attention to any posts from BL.
  This gets my vote...!!!  here here...

#20 : March 16, 2007, 01:05:34 PM

The thing I find humerous is that the same ones whining about not getting Griffith would be the same ones stringing Gruden and Allen up the flagpoles at OBP for not bringing back Alstott.

Not me!! Alstott's time has passed and if we're gonna be bad, lets be bad with young guys not an old guy waaaaaaay past his prime.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 16, 2007, 01:07:41 PM

I'm surprised some of you think its okay to keep renewing your season tickets like me only to see this team do nothing to secure its future

I've got club seats and I'm happy to renew them every year even if they go 0-16. That's because I love my team and don't base my support for them and season ticket purchases on whether or not I agree with all the off-season moves they make. Sorry that you have a more "win and I'll support you, lose and I'm outta here" attitude toward the team.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 16, 2007, 01:07:53 PM

Hate, when it's 3rd and 1 who do you want running up the middle? What about goalline. He isn't the A-Train anymore no doubt, but he can still move the pile.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 16, 2007, 01:10:32 PM

I'm surprised some of you think its okay to keep renewing your season tickets like me only to see this team do nothing to secure its future

I've got club seats and I'm happy to renew them every year even if they go 0-16. That's because I love my team and don't base my support for them and season ticket purchases on whether or not I agree with all the off-season moves they make. Sorry that you have a more "win and I'll support you, lose and I'm outta here" attitude toward the team.

Seems like alot of people around here have that win and I'll show kinda atttitude. I'm renewing my seats soon. And quite possibly buying a friends two seats right next to mine, so I can own a set of four.

#24 : March 16, 2007, 01:12:20 PM

Hate, when it's 3rd and 1 who do you want running up the middle? What about goalline. He isn't the A-Train anymore no doubt, but he can still move the pile.

I'd rather run Caddy behind Griffith man... but that just my opinion.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 16, 2007, 01:14:53 PM

Yea I would like to also, but I don't think our oline can open up holes. That's why Alstott just bashes into it hoping to "MOVE" the pile.

BucLord

Starter

#26 : March 16, 2007, 01:31:41 PM

I'd rather run Caddy behind Griffith man... but that just my opinion.

Of course you would, but lets just waste our time bringing in old crusty washed up, injuried or just plain garbage players and let guys like Griffith go sign with the frekin Raiders of all teams

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 16, 2007, 01:32:25 PM

The Bengals are just waiting until their targeted players get released from prison. Then they'll need a work permit.  :)

klb55

Starter

#28 : March 16, 2007, 01:33:34 PM

Buclord

Why must you look at the potential negative side of these aquisitions.  Garcia is a major upgrade at the QB position.  He understands the concepts, will provide sorely needed leadership and fire to the offense, make quick decisions, and get the ball to correct players.  Carter is a versatile, durable player and there is no question he improves our D-Line.  I'm certain the Bucs' doctors gave Luke P. everything but a bend over, spread them, and cough exam.  I trust their judgement and you should too.  If A.D. can make the move to LG then our line will be a vastly improved line in both the running and passing game.  As for Sammy Davis, he had great physical tools coming into the NFL.  Maybe with a change in team and defensive scheme he will be able to flourish.  Some of these guys are short term solutions because of the numerous drafts picks that we haven't had in recent years.  I'm certain that this draft we will acquire young guys to take over in a year or two for some of the veterans we acquired.  What are the alternatives?  Sign as many high priced free agents as we can because they are in their twenties thus creating cap problems in the future.  The other extreme would be to start all the players we draft in the first 5 rounds and get younger.  IMO, neither one of these options is viable to balancing winning now and building for the future.  I give the Bucs a solid B in FA.  

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 16, 2007, 01:42:27 PM

Buclord=Troll.  Just stop feeding him.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs most active team in FA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools