Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions reportedly getting flooded with calls to trade down « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: March 16, 2007, 09:50:32 AM

FYI:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/weblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/mlive_lions/archives/2007_03.html#244505

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 16, 2007, 09:54:05 AM

so who's the target, Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 16, 2007, 09:55:46 AM

Not a shocker, Lions have the easiest path down in the draft and the top of this draft is stocked with players people will want to jump up to grab.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#3 : March 16, 2007, 09:58:34 AM

IMO there are 3 players this year a cut above the rest.

CJ
JT
JR

After that I think there is a dropoff in talent.

Unfortunately for us, we pick 4th.  

Hopefully Cleveland takes AP or we will be stuck picking a player not worthy of #4 money
/value, unless we can get someone to trade down with.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 16, 2007, 09:59:37 AM

From the article:

"What's interesting is that there are believed to be several different targets for that No. 2 pick, from Calvin Johnson to JaMarcus Russell to Adrian Peterson to Joe Thomas. The Lions don't have a pressing need for any of those positions so they're willing to drop down."

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#5 : March 16, 2007, 10:02:44 AM

I don't see how the lions don't have a need for a QB, but OT and WR I agree with.  Kitna isn't  the long term answer by any means.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 16, 2007, 10:05:33 AM

I don't see how the lions don't have a need for a QB, but OT and WR I agree with.  Kitna isn't  the long term answer by any means.

Word is that Martz is enamored with Stanton, so they may be able to trade down and still land their QB of the future.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 16, 2007, 10:06:58 AM

Word is that Martz is enamored with Stanton, so they may be able to trade down and still land their QB of the future.

Stanton at the top of R2 might be their theory. Martz has had success with later round players in his system and frankly he might be right. Every schlep in that system tosses for 4000 yards.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 16, 2007, 10:07:47 AM

I don't see how the lions don't have a need for a QB, but OT and WR I agree with. Kitna isn't the long term answer by any means.

I agree with you but Martz really likes the hometown boy, Stanton.  I bet they trade down to grab a defensive player, then go after Stanton at the top of the 2nd.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#9 : March 16, 2007, 10:08:16 AM

I don't see how the lions don't have a need for a QB, but OT and WR I agree with. Kitna isn't the long term answer by any means.

One name, Drew Stanton. Lions and Martz are said to be very high on the guy and he will no doubt be available at the top of round 2. The Lions are sitting in a very nice position right now. The best deal they could make is a swap with Arizona, this would allow them to drop no farther than 5th, pick up extra picks and still draft a top defensive lineman. Then they get Stanton in the second to fill the need og aquiring a furture starter at QB.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 16, 2007, 10:09:44 AM

One name, Drew Stanton. Lions and Martz are said to be very high on the guy and he will no doubt be available at the top of round 2. The Lions are sitting in a very nice position right now. The best deal they could make is a swap with Arizona, this would allow them to drop no farther than 5th, pick up extra picks and still draft a top defensive lineman. Then they get Stanton in the second to fill the need og aquiring a furture starter at QB.

If they make that move, the Cards would get Joe Thomas and the Lions could end up with Gaines Adams and Drew Stanton.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#11 : March 16, 2007, 10:11:50 AM

If they make that move, the Cards would get Joe Thomas and the Lions could end up with Gaines Adams and Drew Stanton.

That's what I'm thinking, it would be unfortunate for the Bucs (No JT) but it is a very likely scenario. Lions would win in that situation.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 16, 2007, 10:14:29 AM

That's what I'm thinking, it would be unfortunate for the Bucs (No JT) but it is a very likely scenario. Lions would win in that situation.

That implies that Matt Millen would make the right move. We can be sure that:

a) That won't happen
OR
b) We won't need to worry about the rest of the draft because the end of times are upon us.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#13 : March 16, 2007, 10:16:47 AM

That implies that Matt Millen would make the right move. We can be sure that:

a) That won't happen
OR
b) We won't need to worry about the rest of the draft because the end of times are upon us.

LOL, yeah your right he'll probably make a deal with the Falcons for their first and Roddy White! :P

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#14 : March 16, 2007, 10:17:48 AM

IMO there are 3 players this year a cut above the rest.
CJ
JT
JR
After that I think there is a dropoff in talent.

I think there is a little more interest in Quinn than we are hearing. He could still be a player
in pushing one of the other guys down to us. Word out of Cleveland is the ownership really
likes Quinn..moreso than the coaches. We seen who won that battle in Tenn last year.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions reportedly getting flooded with calls to trade down « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools