Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions reportedly getting flooded with calls to trade down « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#15 : March 16, 2007, 10:18:52 AM

My point was that the article was wrong they do need a QB.  I wasn't arguing whether that be Stanton, Russell, or Quinn.  

I agree they probably will take one later and was aware they like Stanton.  But they still need a QB unlike the article saying QB is not a need.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 16, 2007, 10:19:21 AM

Worst case we end up with Gaine Adams cause JT and CJ are gone........Not that bad for a team who needs more defensive studs.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#17 : March 16, 2007, 10:21:56 AM

My point was that the article was wrong they do need a QB.  I wasn't arguing whether that be Stanton, Russell, or Quinn.  

I agree they probably will take one later and was aware they like Stanton.  But they still need a QB unlike the article saying QB is not a need.

By 'pressing need' I believe the article is talking about spending a pick at the top of the first round type need.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 16, 2007, 10:25:08 AM

Worst case we end up with Gaine Adams cause JT and CJ are gone........Not that bad for a team who needs more defensive studs.

When you say Gaines Adams did you mean Amobi Okoye? I think that's more likely, to be honest.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#19 : March 16, 2007, 10:27:48 AM

When you say Gaines Adams did you mean Amobi Okoye? I think that's more likely, to be honest.

I know that Okoye is being talked about if CJ an JT are gone.  I'm just not as sold on him at 4 as everyone else seems to be.  If we want him so bad I just hope we are able to slide down a few spots if possible. 

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#20 : March 16, 2007, 10:28:59 AM

Truthfully, I think we'd be making a major mistake if we draft Okoye 4th overall. Adams, Anderson and even Carriker have done more on the field in terms of production.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 16, 2007, 10:31:52 AM

I know that Okoye is being talked about if CJ an JT are gone.  I'm just not as sold on him at 4 as everyone else seems to be.  If we want him so bad I just hope we are able to slide down a few spots if possible. 

I'm not sold on him at #4. I wouldn't take him that high. I love his potential, absolutely love it. However, that's an awful big dice roll to make that high. However, the staff at One Buc Palace really, really are impressed with this guy. In one unnamed man's word he's got the "juice" the DL missed last season.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 16, 2007, 10:32:07 AM

Okoye at 4 is nuts. Can't make that pick. that pick gets people fired - and rightfully so. You figure after blowing Clayton, having huge questions about Caddy, the poor value decision on Davin if they take Okoye yuo just plain flat out assume we don't know how to use the draft.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#23 : March 16, 2007, 10:39:08 AM

Okoye at 4 is nuts.

That does seem kind of high based on his body of work to this point. Last year at No. 4 D'Brickashaw and
Hawk were still availble..guys with pretty solid careers and less talk about how young they still were.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#24 : March 16, 2007, 10:41:30 AM

We all know Gruden loves to draft guys he coaches at the Senior Bowl.  Add to that he didn't mention him as much as he talked about Carriker eventhough they both had excellent practices, interviews and games.  This leads me to believe he does love Okoye and is trying to pull a little misdirection.  I like the idea of Carriker but I don't really want to see either at #4.  In this situation would prefer trading down with a team like the Texans/Miami and getting who ever is still available and pick up their second round pick.    

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 16, 2007, 10:44:00 AM

Okoye at 4 is nuts. Can't make that pick. that pick gets people fired - and rightfully so. You figure after blowing Clayton, having huge questions about Caddy, the poor value decision on Davin if they take Okoye yuo just plain flat out assume we don't know how to use the draft.

That about sums it up.  Hopefully if JT is off the board we will also have an opportunity to trade down.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 16, 2007, 10:44:38 AM

We all know Gruden loves to draft guys he coaches at the Senior Bowl.  Add to that he didn't mention him as much as he talked about Carriker eventhough they both had excellent practices, interviews and games.  This leads me to believe he does love Okoye and is trying to pull a little misdirection.  I like the idea of Carriker but I don't really want to see either at #4.  In this situation would prefer trading down with a team like the Texans/Miami and getting who ever is still available and pick up their second round pick.     

If CJ and JT are off the board, I would hope that the Bucs can find a trading partner who wants Quinn. HOU and MIA might fit that profile.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#27 : March 16, 2007, 10:51:27 AM

We all know Gruden loves to draft guys he coaches at the Senior Bowl. Add to that he didn't mention him as much as he talked about Carriker eventhough they both had excellent practices, interviews and games. This leads me to believe he does love Okoye and is trying to pull a little misdirection. I like the idea of Carriker but I don't really want to see either at #4. In this situation would prefer trading down with a team like the Texans/Miami and getting who ever is still available and pick up their second round pick.

If CJ and JT are off the board, I would hope that the Bucs can find a trading partner who wants Quinn. HOU and MIA might fit that profile.

I really feel Houston would be willing to move up to grab either Quinn or Peterson.  Eventhough they have said they aren't interested in moving.  I could really see a trade that sends Plummer and the fourth overall to Houston for their #8, #39, and Carr.  They really seem more like they are stuck with Carr and I don't know how long that situation will work. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 16, 2007, 10:54:20 AM

#8, #39 AND Carr for the #4? Hmmmm, I don't know. They'd be getting essentially nothing for Carr. Of course, they may just want him off their salary cap at this point...

simmstheanswer

Starter

#29 : March 16, 2007, 10:55:07 AM

smoke and mirrors. "reportedly" means "someone from the lions front office leaked to a reporter...."

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions reportedly getting flooded with calls to trade down « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools