Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions reportedly getting flooded with calls to trade down « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#45 : March 16, 2007, 01:13:12 PM

Yeah do that. He most likely still come up second with his rookie numbers. IIRC, he put up the best rookie WR numbers in the last ten years his rookie season. So what's your point?

My point is he's a bust, simple as that and what he did three years ago has nothing to do with the Clayton he is today.

That ain't your point! You wanted to make it seem like his accomplishments during his rookie season wouldn't stand up against this years crop of rookies. He had 80 catches for damn near 1200 yards and 7 TDs, put that performance in with this years crop and he still would have shined.

Yeah he hasn't done squat lately, but the original point was that he came up second in the ROTY voting and that the pick wasn't blown that year.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#46 : March 16, 2007, 01:51:25 PM

Yeah he hasn't done squat lately, but the original point was that he came up second in the ROTY voting and that the pick wasn't blown that year.

You don't get to pick and choose. His body of work is what you judge on and the guy sucks eggs. He's put up two years of pitiful numbers and if anyone thought rookie year Clayton was coming back anytime in this lifetime we'd not be talking about Calvin. You are going to seriously argue that becuase he had a good rookie year he's a good pick? Wow, ok let's aim low and just figure if a guys has a good year anywhere then he's shown he COULD do it and thus is a great pick. Next up: Trent Dilfer, the success story we all forgot about.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#47 : March 16, 2007, 02:25:44 PM

Randy Moss' rookie numbers were much better than Clayton's.  So no, he didn't have the best rookie WR #'s in 10 years his rookie year.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#48 : March 16, 2007, 04:16:38 PM

Im sure Arizona has called for Joe Thomas. Minnesota probably did for CJ but its their division rival..Miami to probably called for Quinn.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#49 : March 16, 2007, 05:30:36 PM

You don't get to pick and choose. His body of work is what you judge on and the guy sucks eggs. He's put up two years of pitiful numbers and if anyone thought rookie year Clayton was coming back anytime in this lifetime we'd not be talking about Calvin. You are going to seriously argue that becuase he had a good rookie year he's a good pick? Wow, ok let's aim low and just figure if a guys has a good year anywhere then he's shown he COULD do it and thus is a great pick. Next up: Trent Dilfer, the success story we all forgot about.

Damn Dal, you left nothing for me to say!!!

HotSauce

Rookie

#50 : March 16, 2007, 06:40:59 PM

I'd bet the farm that Arizona has called looking to nab Joe Thomas.:)

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#51 : March 16, 2007, 09:21:38 PM

If some teams fall in love with the QB's or JT I can see a lot of teams trading up to Detroit's spot. Arizona is interested in JT, Dolphins and Vikes are definately interested in Quinn and Houston is a darkhorse in this.
Sure they are interested but they would have to trade a whole package of picks to get up there.  Probably their first from this year and next plus a second round this year. That still probably isn't enough for the Dolphins and Vikings.  The problem is, All, that you don't realize how much of their draft a team will have to give up to move up that far.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 16, 2007, 09:25:17 PM

If some teams fall in love with the QB's or JT I can see a lot of teams trading up to Detroit's spot. Arizona is interested in JT, Dolphins and Vikes are definately interested in Quinn and Houston is a darkhorse in this.

Count the vikes out the trade.. Division rivals never make trades, Houston,Arizona,and Miami are the only teams that could trade up for either Quinn or Joe Thomas..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#53 : March 16, 2007, 09:37:23 PM

Again, going back to the original point about Gruden and Allen messing up on Draft day. The fact is they chose very good players that panned out that in their rookie year. Clayton seems to have gotten a bit complacent, in addition to his injuries (again IMO). The same could be said (in a hypothetical situation) if you pick CJ this year, he breaks every league record then gets hurt and never plays again. Would they have messed up on the pick? Absolutely not, you can't predict the future. You make the best decision you can with the information you have and hope it turns out well. As far as Dilfer, he went to the pro-bowl, spent many years in the league and won a Superbowl. Maybe not what you expect from a No. 1 pick, but he's certainly not a bust in the mold of Ryan Leaf, etc.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions reportedly getting flooded with calls to trade down « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools