Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton..."I have full confidence that I will be here" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : August 29, 2010, 12:05:43 PM »

AUGUST 29, 2010
 Michael Clayton doesn't play but remains confident he'll stick with Bucs

Receiver Michael Clayton, clearly on the bubble with final cuts six days away, did not play in Saturday's game against Jacksonville, begging the question of whether that says something about his status with the club.

In Clayton’s opinion, the answer is clear.

"I have full confidence that I will be here," Clayton said. "You never know what’s going to happen. With our youth, with everything that we’ve got going, I would say in my opinion, it would be beneficial that I would be here. That’s just my opinion. I know it doesn’t count."

Clayton’s base salary of $3 million this fall is guaranteed, but the Bucs would entertain trading the veteran who disappointed the club last season after signing a $26 million deal. They might opt to release him despite the guaranteed salary, which will complicate those efforts to trade him.

Coach Raheem Morris said Clayton’s absence from the game was not indicative of anything, saying coaches wanted to take a longer look at rookie Arrelious Benn and some other receivers. Morris said Clayton would play Thursday night in Houston.

And no matter what, Clayton still believes that final preseason game won't be his final game in a Bucs uniform.

"I think I'll be here," he said. "I just think with my experience, with the things I've been through, I can't see it any other way."
.Posted by Stephen Holder at 1:47:47 am on August 29, 2010

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

« #1 : August 29, 2010, 12:31:09 PM »

The things he's been through? Like WHAT?

God... this guy needs a nice fist full of HUMBLE to the jaw. Literally every single receiver on the roster pretty much is as good or more of a threat than Clayton is on offense. I wouldn't be so confident if I were him.

He probably thinks the team doesn't want to take the hit that comes with releasing him, so it's a guarantee that he'll be here.

Get over yourself Clayton. you had 16 catches as a number 1/2 receiver last year.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

« #2 : August 29, 2010, 12:32:48 PM »

In my opinion, screw the money and cut that dead wood loose.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

PreferNFL2010

Rookie

« #3 : August 29, 2010, 12:50:56 PM »

Clayton's biggest crisis has been to figure out WHO to blame next for his failures.  After Gruden departed, lowlife MC80 took it upon himself to blame Jon for the failures.  Lo and behold, under Raheem last year, Clayton was at his worst IMO.

My message to Clayton:  Screw you and everything football about you.  You can take your sorry butt outta Tampa sooner rather than later IMO.  You are a pathetic whiner.

If an apple has a spot on it, you remove the spot - Lynette Fromme aka Squeaky

Hammerhead

Starter

« #4 : August 29, 2010, 01:16:19 PM »

AUGUST 29, 2010
Coach Raheem Morris said Clayton’s absence from the game was not indicative of anything, saying coaches wanted to take a longer look at rookie Arrelious Benn and some other receivers. Morris said Clayton would play Thursday night in Houston.

This just doesn't make sense. Every other WR on the roster played last night including Nunn and Parker. Its not like Clayton has lit it up in the preseason and doesn't need to show his stuff to the staff. I think they're just trying to maintain a degree of doubt as to whether he might make the roster in the minds of the other NFL teams so that they might still have a sliver of hope in trying to get a low round draft pick for him. My guess is they'll be shopping him like mad this week before the final cutdown even if its just for the potential Mr. Irrelevant pick.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

« #5 : August 29, 2010, 01:25:15 PM »

Yea clayton you are about the only one who believes that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #6 : August 29, 2010, 01:25:26 PM »

I don't care if they get any compensation for Clayton.  Dude is a wannabe playa.  Just ditch him, and the team magically gets better.

« #7 : August 29, 2010, 01:30:18 PM »

When Clayton said "I have full confidence that I will be here" was he pointing at a map of the DC area??

pewterpirates

Starter
« #8 : August 29, 2010, 07:52:10 PM »

"I have full confidence that I will be here," Clayton said.
sighhhh

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #9 : August 29, 2010, 07:54:41 PM »

The fourth pre-season game gives the players who aren't going to make the team a chance to impress another team who may pick them up after they are cut. Good luck Michael Clayton.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

john.matincheck

Starter

« #10 : August 29, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »

If he's one of the best 53 players keep him if not cut him. It shouldn't be about anything else. I honestly think he could play the same role as Winslow. If Clayton was running all of his routes against linebackers and safeties maybe he would be more productive.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #11 : August 29, 2010, 08:59:05 PM »

If he's one of the best 53 players keep him if not cut him. It shouldn't be about anything else.

Unfortunately, for a lot of fans, their emotions get in the way.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #12 : August 29, 2010, 09:00:45 PM »

On every level the two parties should part ways.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Bucs Bowl

Starter

« #13 : August 29, 2010, 09:01:12 PM »

K2 doesn't drop passes like Skillet!!!!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #14 : August 29, 2010, 09:02:53 PM »

Last three spots of the 53: Spurlock, Smith, and Huggins, which suggests Clayton isn't part of the best 53.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton..."I have full confidence that I will be here" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools