Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How does my team look? « previous next »
Page: 1

tbjl24

Practice Squad

: August 28, 2010, 12:26:13 PM

Posted this in another thread. Hoping to get some feedback. 10 team draft:

Overall   Player
4   Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB 
17   Matt Schaub, Hou QB 
24   Calvin Johnson, Det WR 
37   Miles Austin, Dal WR 
44   Matt Forte, Chi RB 
57   Jermichael Finley, GB TE 
64   Justin Forsett, Sea RB 
77   Pierre Garcon, Ind WR 
84   Vincent Jackson*, SD WR 
97   Vikings D/ST, Min D/ST 
104   Michael Bush, Oak RB 
117   Vince Young, Ten QB 
124   Cadillac Williams, TB RB 
137   Heath Miller, Pit TE 
144   Jay Feely, Ari K 
157   Jacoby Jones, Hou WR

I wanted Mike Williams and probably should have grabbed him with pick 144. Kicker probably could've waited. I have heard good things about Jacoby Jones, though.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 28, 2010, 01:04:31 PM

your first four picks are amazing....you got seriously lucky. Plus Finley at TE is gunna be good. Vincent Jackson was such a waste cause he said hes prepared to hold out the entire year. You got yourself a pretty decent team minus Jackson.

tbjl24

Practice Squad

#2 : August 28, 2010, 01:10:55 PM

your first four picks are amazing....you got seriously lucky. Plus Finley at TE is gunna be good. Vincent Jackson was such a waste cause he said hes prepared to hold out the entire year. You got yourself a pretty decent team minus Jackson.

Yeah, I hear you on Jackson. I really wanted another potential #1 WR. I am really kicking myself for not getting Mike Williams. I really took Jackson with the hopes he gets his act straightened out and only missed those first 3 games.

My league is 2 RB- 2 WR- 1 RB/WR, so I can always through Caddy in as WR/RB and play Austin/Calvin at WR.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 30, 2010, 11:50:07 AM

tb24,
I did the same thing with not only V Jackson but also Sidney Rice.
They were both available very, very late in my draft.
I only need to start two WR/TE and I already had Andre Johnson, Jeremy Maclin and Vernon Davis (who scores like a solid WR) so I took a shot on both guys.
If they don't come back strong by the middle of the season I will drop them.
Actually, I'll be a little more patient with Rice but if Jackson stays away he's still gotta serve that 3 week suspension so I guess we'll see.
Good luck this year.

Turn the page.

X Factor

Starter
#4 : August 30, 2010, 12:59:50 PM

I am not to high on Mojo or M. Austin this year, they were on my big names to stay away from list but that is just me... V. Jackson is a gamble (I picked him up in my league also) but worth the risk for a top 5 WR. Not knocking your RB's but not big fans of them as far as Fantasy...
Mike Williams was the steal of the 2010 draft and he will be the steal of people's FFL drafts...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

tbjl24

Practice Squad

#5 : August 30, 2010, 01:03:17 PM

Garret Hartley was just released in my league, so I will be upgrading my kicker. Assuming I win the waiver claim.

tbjl24

Practice Squad

#6 : August 28, 2010, 12:26:13 PM

Posted this in another thread. Hoping to get some feedback. 10 team draft:

Overall   Player
4   Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB 
17   Matt Schaub, Hou QB 
24   Calvin Johnson, Det WR 
37   Miles Austin, Dal WR 
44   Matt Forte, Chi RB 
57   Jermichael Finley, GB TE 
64   Justin Forsett, Sea RB 
77   Pierre Garcon, Ind WR 
84   Vincent Jackson*, SD WR 
97   Vikings D/ST, Min D/ST 
104   Michael Bush, Oak RB 
117   Vince Young, Ten QB 
124   Cadillac Williams, TB RB 
137   Heath Miller, Pit TE 
144   Jay Feely, Ari K 
157   Jacoby Jones, Hou WR

I wanted Mike Williams and probably should have grabbed him with pick 144. Kicker probably could've waited. I have heard good things about Jacoby Jones, though.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 28, 2010, 01:04:31 PM

tbjl24

Practice Squad

#8 : August 28, 2010, 01:10:55 PM

Yeah, I hear you on Jackson. I really wanted another potential #1 WR. I am really kicking myself for not getting Mike Williams. I really took Jackson with the hopes he gets his act straightened out and only missed those first 3 games.

My league is 2 RB- 2 WR- 1 RB/WR, so I can always through Caddy in as WR/RB and play Austin/Calvin at WR.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 30, 2010, 11:50:07 AM

tb24,
I did the same thing with not only V Jackson but also Sidney Rice.
They were both available very, very late in my draft.
I only need to start two WR/TE and I already had Andre Johnson, Jeremy Maclin and Vernon Davis (who scores like a solid WR) so I took a shot on both guys.
If they don't come back strong by the middle of the season I will drop them.
Actually, I'll be a little more patient with Rice but if Jackson stays away he's still gotta serve that 3 week suspension so I guess we'll see.
Good luck this year.

Turn the page.

X Factor

Starter
#10 : August 30, 2010, 12:59:50 PM

I am not to high on Mojo or M. Austin this year, they were on my big names to stay away from list but that is just me... V. Jackson is a gamble (I picked him up in my league also) but worth the risk for a top 5 WR. Not knocking your RB's but not big fans of them as far as Fantasy...
Mike Williams was the steal of the 2010 draft and he will be the steal of people's FFL drafts...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

tbjl24

Practice Squad

#11 : August 30, 2010, 01:03:17 PM

Garret Hartley was just released in my league, so I will be upgrading my kicker. Assuming I win the waiver claim.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How does my team look? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools