Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Had my money league draft tonight.. I think I struck gold! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 02, 2010, 08:30:50 PM

Pretty good. Foster could win the rushing title or be benched Week 2.

I'm leaning towards the rushing title!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#16 : August 30, 2010, 01:15:26 AM

12 team league, picked 6th and here was my take..

QB- Joe Flacco, Chad Henne
RB- Michael Turner, Ryan Mathews, Arian Foster, Michael Bush
WR- Roddy White, Wes Welker, Dwayne Bowe, Hakeem Nicks, Johnny Knox, Mike Williams
TE- Heath Miller
DEF- 49ers
K- Matt Prater

My league starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 DEF, 1 K.. feeling really really good about this roster.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#17 : August 30, 2010, 01:20:16 AM

QB a little high risk, but I like Flacco this year, good RB's, and IMO Arian Foster is great depth as well. As long as Wes Welker is healthy I like your WR's. Not a fan of Heath Miller, so many others I would take over him.

But yeah, soild team that could be really good if the QB and some WR's pan out.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#18 : August 30, 2010, 01:32:39 AM

QB a little high risk, but I like Flacco this year, good RB's, and IMO Arian Foster is great depth as well. As long as Wes Welker is healthy I like your WR's. Not a fan of Heath Miller, so many others I would take over him.

I like Flacco for 4000+ yards and 25 TDs. That Ravens offense is going to be better than their defense IMO.

X Factor

Starter
#19 : August 30, 2010, 09:51:03 AM

I like Flacco for 4000+ yards and 25 TDs. That Ravens offense is going to be better than their defense IMO.

Yea Flacco is primed for a big season. Your team is pretty sick. Not really much to be negative about....

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

JC510

Practice Squad

#20 : August 30, 2010, 10:39:20 AM

Pretty good. Foster could win the rushing title or be benched Week 2.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 30, 2010, 11:13:04 AM

I like your wide receivers. If its a PPR league you a 100 catcher in Welker and a 80 plus catcher in Roddy White. Personally I don't like Michael Turner and would have gone for someone else like Mendenhall (Steelers are going to run the hell out of the ball the first 6 weeks.) I think your TE is a little suspect. I would try for a different TE. Fred Davis is an option if still available seeing how Cooley and Davis could turn into McNabb's favorite targets. Not sold on Chad Henne tho. All in all  a decent team stacked at WR. try and trade a WR for a TE if possible.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#22 : August 30, 2010, 11:17:01 AM

I like your wide receivers. If its a PPR league you a 100 catcher in Welker and a 80 plus catcher in Roddy White. Personally I don't like Michael Turner and would have gone for someone else like Mendenhall (Steelers are going to run the hell out of the ball the first 6 weeks.) I think your TE is a little suspect. I would try for a different TE. Fred Davis is an option if still available seeing how Cooley and Davis could turn into McNabb's favorite targets. Not sold on Chad Henne tho. All in all  a decent team stacked at WR. try and trade a WR for a TE if possible.

I'm waiting for the offline results to get posted so I can try and combine 2 out of 3 between Hakeem Nicks, Michael Bush, and Heath Miller for a top TE.

I already received an offer of Cedric Benson and Dallas Clark for Michael Turner and Heath Miller. Dont like that though.. I think Turner is 1500+ and 15+ TDs this year. He isnt out of shape like he was to start last year and is only coming off a 175 carry season.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 30, 2010, 11:32:47 AM

Nice squad awi, I can see why your excited for this year.

Turn the page.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 30, 2010, 11:34:37 AM

Turner may end up being better but I feel the NFC South's Run Defense

Saints 9th
Bucs 32nd (Poised to be so much better)
Panthers 2nd

Those are pretty rough teams to play 6 games to. I feel like Turner will do better when hes not playing in conference games. I would go for Dallas Clark. I remember one game last season I was up by 30 pts and my opponent only had Dallas Clark to play. Dallas Clark ended up getting like 30.8 pts. Beat me by a fraction of a point. Clark will make up the points you lose from your RB im assured.

JC510

Practice Squad

#25 : August 30, 2010, 11:56:00 AM

Saints 9th
Panthers 2nd

Those are pretty rough teams to play 6 games to. I feel like Turner will do better when hes not playing in conference games. I would go for Dallas Clark. I remember one game last season I was up by 30 pts and my opponent only had Dallas Clark to play. Dallas Clark ended up getting like 30.8 pts. Beat me by a fraction of a point. Clark will make up the points you lose from your RB im assured.

Carolina was 22nd vs the run, Saints were 21st

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 30, 2010, 12:39:21 PM

Saints 9th
Panthers 2nd

Carolina was 22nd vs the run, Saints were 21st
My bad, I was looking at the 2010 pre-season totals and not 2009's.

X Factor

Starter
#27 : August 30, 2010, 12:54:16 PM

(Steelers are going to run the hell out of the ball the first 6 weeks.) 

Yea, and teams are going to know that...  I think the Steelers D is a little overrated also, I can see them having to play catch up and be forced to throw it to get back in games....
Turner, has the one year wonder tag sort of but the Falcons saw what happend when he got hurt, I see them running him non stop this year...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#28 : August 30, 2010, 04:19:03 PM

I like your wide receivers. If its a PPR league you a 100 catcher in Welker and a 80 plus catcher in Roddy White. Personally I don't like Michael Turner and would have gone for someone else like Mendenhall (Steelers are going to run the hell out of the ball the first 6 weeks.) I think your TE is a little suspect. I would try for a different TE. Fred Davis is an option if still available seeing how Cooley and Davis could turn into McNabb's favorite targets. Not sold on Chad Henne tho. All in all a decent team stacked at WR. try and trade a WR for a TE if possible.

I'm waiting for the offline results to get posted so I can try and combine 2 out of 3 between Hakeem Nicks, Michael Bush, and Heath Miller for a top TE.

I already received an offer of Cedric Benson and Dallas Clark for Michael Turner and Heath Miller. Dont like that though.. I think Turner is 1500+ and 15+ TDs this year. He isnt out of shape like he was to start last year and is only coming off a 175 carry season.
I would take that deal.

Dallas Clark is awesome to have and IMO Benson will be a very good back making up for the difference.

But really either way it's not a huge gain or huge loss. So I would get it if you passed.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#29 : August 30, 2010, 11:04:22 PM

I like your wide receivers. If its a PPR league you a 100 catcher in Welker and a 80 plus catcher in Roddy White. Personally I don't like Michael Turner and would have gone for someone else like Mendenhall (Steelers are going to run the hell out of the ball the first 6 weeks.) I think your TE is a little suspect. I would try for a different TE. Fred Davis is an option if still available seeing how Cooley and Davis could turn into McNabb's favorite targets. Not sold on Chad Henne tho. All in all� a decent team stacked at WR. try and trade a WR for a TE if possible.

I would take that deal.

Dallas Clark is awesome to have and IMO Benson will be a very good back making up for the difference.

But really either way it's not a huge gain or huge loss. So I would get it if you passed.

The thing I dont like about that trade is that the Colts are loaded at WR and best-case scenario I'll get from Benson = to the worst-case scenario I'll get out of Turner. I just think that trade is a lateral move.

I should mention that this league is a keeper league as well so Turner IMO holds more value in that regard than Clark does as it is a bad idea to use one of my 3 keeper slots on Clark.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Had my money league draft tonight.. I think I struck gold! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools