Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads' Arm « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 19

gone

Hall of Famer
: October 22, 2006, 06:33:24 PM

Tampa_Owns_Philly:  Where have I ever bashed or doubted Gradkoski?  Not in this thread or any other thread.  I love the kid, but his deep balls are awful! 

If I said Peyton Manning can't run like Michael Vick, does that mean I bashed him or doubted him?

Dont worry leeroybuc, its not you. If you dare point out areas of weakness in your team or a player on your team you will be blacklisted as hating that player/team or not being a true fan. And yes, you have to believe that Gradkowski is the greatest in teh world at everything or else everyone will say "lay off the kid", "hes only a rookie do you expect him to be Joe Montana", "he is doing great so far are these comments necessary", "you hate his guts and I will tell Gradkowski whenevere I see him".
Pot meet Kettle

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 22, 2006, 06:30:56 PM

UFOJOE, I agree with everything you said in your first post, but I will say I think Grads has played better than anybody could have expected.

See there is the funny thing........a lot of the people focussing in on a few inaccurate passes are some of the posters predicting the end of the world when Grads came in.  He isn't stinking it up and losing games so they find the one weakness he has displayed thus far.

simms22

Second String

#2 : October 22, 2006, 06:29:50 PM

There is nothing wrong with being critical of our qb. Everyone saw that his deep ball sucked today, so why is it such a crime to say it? He wasn't very impressive today but that doesn't mean that we aren't behind him.

#3 : October 22, 2006, 06:27:39 PM

I cannot believe some of the negative comments on Grads after three games. Pathetic.

The only thing that is pathetic is how many people on here are unable to decipher between hating a guy and not liking EVERYTHING about him. Believe it or not, its possible to really like a guy and criticize aspects of his game. His accuracy on deep balls is not an aspect of his game that is suffering from being a rookie. He doesnt have a good deep ball, plain and simple. His ability to hit a target 40 yards down field will not improve with experience. He was born with teh arm he has. If you cant get over the fact that I like teh guy a lot and have that problem with him than I am sorry for you

gharen

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 22, 2006, 06:27:06 PM

UFOJOE, I agree with everything you said in your first post, but I will say I think Grads has played better than anybody could have expected.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 22, 2006, 06:22:13 PM

Try a little reading comprehension class guys; "bashed or doubted"

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 22, 2006, 06:23:11 PM

Ronde Bear wrote:

You sir, are a liar and an idiot.

Comments like that are why politics was supposedly banned on the Cove. Maybe we should
ban Bucs talk too? (Sarcasm)

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 22, 2006, 04:35:07 PM

Man his arm is bad!  I think we can say with certainty that he does not have an NFL caliber deep ball.  I have not seen a guy miss that many deep balls by as much as he did in a long time.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 22, 2006, 04:36:41 PM

yeah the deep ball is just not part of his game, it will keep getting exposed each week

#9 : October 22, 2006, 04:37:43 PM

I agree. I love his insincts and decision making, but the guy has no accuracy beyond 15-20 yards.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 22, 2006, 04:38:44 PM

Man his arm is bad!  I think we can say with certainty that he does not have an NFL caliber deep ball.  I have not seen a guy miss that many deep balls by as much as he did in a long time.

Give him a little time.  Even the commentators said accurate deep passing is the last thing a rookie gets in the NFL  He shouldn't even be playing this year and today he was under all sorts of pressure.

Quite honestly, the fact he didn't throw a pick far out weighs the lack of a deep ball.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 22, 2006, 04:39:16 PM

so maybe he is not the  long term guy after all

Larry Brackins

Starter
#12 : October 22, 2006, 04:39:27 PM

I told everyong on this board he has a pretty weak arm before he had ever started a game.

It's not surprising.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : October 22, 2006, 04:39:38 PM

All the Chris haters take note. Grads passing just plain sucked today. 70% passing accuracy? Not even close. Every week it looks that much better for Chris to stay.

bucsfan4ever

Pro Bowler
#14 : October 22, 2006, 04:40:55 PM

Sorry but have to disagree. Grads got the ball deep but his accuracy is off which is not unually with a young QB. Of course Simms was more accurate, he's been here for several years. Give the kid a chance to learn. The deep ball is the hardest thing to throw.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads' Arm « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools