Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads' Arm « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 19

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 22, 2006, 04:41:07 PM

Grad 2-0 Simms 0-4...................just a thought.

All the Chris haters take note. Grads passing just plain sucked today. 70% passing accuracy? Not even close. Every week it looks that much better for Chris to stay.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#16 : October 22, 2006, 04:41:49 PM

All the Chris haters take note. Grads passing just plain sucked today. 70% passing accuracy? Not even close. Every week it looks that much better for Chris to stay.
2-1, but yeah.

Grads has led us on 2 GW drives.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 22, 2006, 04:41:56 PM

ROFLMAO

Simms didn't play his rookie season, and in his second season he stank.  Give the kid a little time, and if he is still struggling after 10-15 games then we will start thinking about a QB change.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 22, 2006, 04:42:43 PM

Sorry Grad 2 winds Simms 0...........thats better

2-1, but yeah.

Grads has led us on 2 GW drives.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 22, 2006, 04:47:25 PM

A few weeks ago everyone was saying Grads shouldn't be starting for two years.  Four weeks ago everyone was saying he was going to stink and throw a bucket load of interceptions, plus we wouldn't win many games.

Fact is we have won two games, and had a shot at the third.  He is currently 4:1 on interceptions and he hasn't cost us a game.  He played a blitz happy Eagles today and was under all sorts of pressure, and he didn't lose us the game.

Grads may fall by the wayside, but his body of work thus far is fairly impressive.  Most young 1st year QBs would have folded under the pressure in at least one of their first three starts....just a thought.   ;)

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 22, 2006, 04:53:41 PM

A few weeks ago everyone was saying Grads shouldn't be starting for two years.  Four weeks ago everyone was saying he was going to stink and throw a bucket load of interceptions, plus we wouldn't win many games.

Fact is we have won two games, and had a shot at the third.  He is currently 4:1 on interceptions and he hasn't cost us a game.  He played a blitz happy Eagles today and was under all sorts of pressure, and he didn't lose us the game.

Grads may fall by the wayside, but his body of work thus far is fairly impressive.  Most young 1st year QBs would have folded under the pressure in at least one of their first three starts....just a thought.   ;)

i agree

gharen

Pro Bowler

#21 : October 22, 2006, 04:57:43 PM

Stop with all the Grads isn't the answer posts. He's gonna be fine. Everytime he takes the field he is seeing something new and learning. Rookies are supposed to lose games and struggle, he is winning games and playing pretty well. His deep pass is off right now but given time to get used to the receivers deep speed it will come around. Today, he did what was asked of him which was not to turnover the ball. He didn't give the Eagles any short fields or Int's for TD's, which is EXACTLY what would have happened with Simms in the game.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 22, 2006, 05:00:37 PM

Grads had no INTs and no fumbles.  When he throws a bad pass he overthrows the deep ball.  Even if somebody picked it off it would be like a punt. He doesn't throw the short out pass to the other team that is run back for a TD.  He kept his wits about him when he had to get in field goal range with 33 seconds left. Now he didn't really get there, but he still stayed calm and did the best he could with the situation.  Thats impressive for a rookie.

coopsxx

Starter
#23 : October 22, 2006, 05:01:31 PM

yeh Brad Johnson don't have a great arm, imagine if he had Grads mobility!!!???

or more importantly imagine if grads gets as good at managing an offense as Brad is

Larry Brackins

Starter
#24 : October 22, 2006, 05:03:42 PM

A few weeks ago everyone was saying Grads shouldn't be starting for two years.  Four weeks ago everyone was saying he was going to stink and throw a bucket load of interceptions, plus we wouldn't win many games.

Fact is we have won two games, and had a shot at the third.  He is currently 4:1 on interceptions and he hasn't cost us a game.  He played a blitz happy Eagles today and was under all sorts of pressure, and he didn't lose us the game.

Grads may fall by the wayside, but his body of work thus far is fairly impressive.  Most young 1st year QBs would have folded under the pressure in at least one of their first three starts....just a thought.   ;)
Right on.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#25 : October 22, 2006, 05:04:52 PM

Whats with the "lets #%$& all over our rookie QB" threads every week? The guy doesn't throw INTs and knows how to win ballgames. How quickly everyone forgets Simms' 1:7 TD:INT ratio.  

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 22, 2006, 05:07:36 PM

While he may be missing the "deep ball" from his game, I like the way he minimized the mistakes and manages the O.  As we all thought when he took over, for him to do well will require a good rushing attack.  Yes, he has struggled at times, but seems to be able to make good adjustments at the line to put the run in good situatations and is making good decisions while not making huge mistakes.

Warhorse

Second String

#27 : October 22, 2006, 05:08:23 PM

Sims has a beautiful deep ball that Grads will never have. Period.

But  GRads is much more suited to Gruden's 3 step drop, short passing game than Sims is.

Sims is a pure pocket passer that has a long wind up in his throw and he throws a beautiful deep ball.

IMHO, he will be picked up by a team that runs an offense that is more play action with 5-7 step drops. There are several teams that will be interested.

Gruden is not going to change his offense to fit Sims strengths.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 22, 2006, 05:08:31 PM

By no means am I saying Grads isn't the answer with this thread.  He is light years better than Simms.  It's just an observation.  

He looks to me to be a Brad Johnson type with much more physical skill and that's just fine with me.

#29 : October 22, 2006, 05:08:52 PM

I dont understand the thought that Gradkowski has a good deep ball but just hasnt found his accuracy yet. I could buy that he has been more comfortable staying in his safety zone of short passes, but I dont need to see him play 20 more games to know his deep ball is average at best. Sure he can throw the ball 50 yards, but that doesnt classify him as having a deep ball. Griese could throw the ball as far as Grad could, maybe further, but he had poor accuracy on it because he had to put so much air under it. Timing was always off.

I like what I see from him. Not sure if he is the longterm answer. Sure he can "not lose games" but Im not sure he can move the offense with enough consistency. Maybe, Im just not sure yet. Ive seen things I liked. At the very least he will be a valuable backup next year smart enough to notn eed a "veteran backup"
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads' Arm « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools