Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads' Arm « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#270 : October 23, 2006, 10:23:43 AM

It's the uneducated fan that thinks completion percentage equates to accuracy. 2 yard passes can be thrown by my 8 year old son.

Then Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson are not considered accurate huh?  Same can be said of Young too!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#271 : October 23, 2006, 10:27:53 AM

It's the uneducated fan that thinks completion percentage equates to accuracy. 2 yard passes can be thrown by my 8 year old son.

Then Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson are not considered accurate huh?  Same can be said of Young too!
What the hell does that have to do with anything. Have you been watching the games??? Grads hasn't been that accurate on the short pass or the deep pass. That's also what was to be expected according to his scouting reports. But supposedly you seem to have witnessed his "highly accurate passing"

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#272 : October 23, 2006, 10:32:30 AM

What the hell does that have to do with anything.

Just an uneducated fan pointing out that Brad, Rich and Steve made their living off of 2 yard passes in the WCO.  Completion percantage is how you gauge a QB's accuracy thank you very much.

Have you been watching the games??? Grads hasn't been that accurate on the short pass or the deep pass. That's also what was to be expected according to his scouting reports. But supposedly you seem to have witnessed his "highly accurate passing"

The last two games Grads has not been accurate with his deep passes nor his short passes.  But in the New Orleans game he was accurate all over the field.  Some how you forgot to watch that game?

Like I said you keep reading those bios and I will keep watching the football games.  :D

shutdabucup

Second String

#273 : October 23, 2006, 12:38:32 PM

Ah, yes,. the one I was thinking of was the 52 yard that did not end up in the endzone, but set up Alstott's TD.

Didn't he hit Galloway for at least one long score in the NO game?
I guess that depends on what you consider long? It was only 18 yards!!!!

#274 : October 23, 2006, 12:38:24 PM

Well, luckily we're up against a team that doesn't rush the passer very well next week.  ;)

/sarcasm, in case you were wondering.

shutdabucup

Second String

#275 : October 23, 2006, 11:04:59 AM

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#276 : October 23, 2006, 11:06:44 AM

I guess that depends on what you consider long? It was only 18 yards!!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#277 : October 23, 2006, 11:22:01 AM

ABuccs wrote: I like Grads, and like what he offers. I like what the future holds. But the same jackasses who nit picked every little thing Simms did, and never gave him credit for a thing, are grossly over exagerating Grads acomplishments so far. Give it a rest already. If you ask nicely, maybe Grads will let you blow him.

Nobody on this thread is over exaggerating anything. You don't judge a rookie after three games. His poise
has been good but he has struggled in other areas. 100% expected for a rookie QB. That scouting report
did NOT say he was not accurate on mid and long throws. It said he didn't throw ropes on deep balls.
His long throws are not as accurate as the short ones. No sh*t.

We like what Grads has shown. But we know he needs to get a lot better. However, some of the
negative comments here would make you think that this is Grads third year instead of third game
starting. You're the ones who need to give it a rest.
I agree with everything you said. You also have to agree that some of the comments you have read here over the last 3 weeks would be reserved for a QB who is a lock for the HoF.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#278 : October 23, 2006, 11:30:03 AM

I haven't read too many comments so I'll have to claim ignorance and trust what you say.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#279 : October 28, 2006, 12:52:47 AM

Now go & f*ck yourself, Jr.

hippo-crite

is that offensive? REPORT ME

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

dukebuc

Practice Squad

#280 : October 28, 2006, 10:33:56 AM

Grads throws a wounded duck.  From what I've seen that's not a function of timing, or picking up game speed...or anything else.  Its a function of him having a weak arm.

The degree to which the deep passes have been off, combined with the flutter-balls, is not a good indicator that its just something that needs a little more timing before he gets it.

That said, I think he's an OK fit for Gruden's offense and I think his quick feet, quick release are promising for the future. 

But I might wait till after Big Blue to declare Simms days in Tampa officially over.  Something about Grads is not quite there, and granted he's a rookie and needs time and all, but I have a funny feeling with him that we may be seeing as good as it gets.

Time will tell.  Very interested in seeing how he does in tough weather, tough crowd in Meadowlands.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#281 : October 28, 2006, 02:01:27 PM

As good as it gets after three games as a rookie? Amazing.

gone

Hall of Famer
#282 : October 28, 2006, 07:08:36 PM

I have said plenty of times Grads might fall by the wayside, but for now he is the starting QB.  If after ten games he isn't improving we need to move on.  The search will continue though, and I doubt they would give Simms another shot.

Quite honestly I couldn't careless what happens to Simms or Grads if they aren't playihg for the Bucs.  I just want the best for the team, and right now it is Grads.
Screw that.  Regardless of what we see in Grads or McCown, Simms needs to go.  He's made it quite clear he's never gonna be successful here.  Get someone else.  If you don't find that someone on our current roster then look elsewhere.  I've seen enough of the batted balls, INT's,  and the indecision, I don't care HOW cute he is...
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads' Arm « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools