Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR ALERT: MORRIS TALKS ABOUT BENN'S DEVELOPMENT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 30, 2010, 10:59:50 PM

Dude might be a little slow learning the terminology (he would have died in Grudens system, ha ha!), and the X and O's aspect to his positioning.

He needs to study as hard as he works out.  Who knows if he isn't though, right?

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#16 : August 30, 2010, 11:07:35 PM

Mike Williams being an immediate stud is making Benn look bad but he is developing at a normal rate.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#17 : August 30, 2010, 11:09:27 PM

Mike Williams being an immediate stud is making Benn look bad but he is developing at a normal rate.

I think that sums it up.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 30, 2010, 11:14:22 PM

But Benn is not showing much at all.  At least in preseason.

There are other WRs like Spurlock, Williams (a rook obviously), Stroughter who are showing they can ball.  Benn is raising eyebrows and creating tension because he has not flashed much at all...

That is the "truth" from my end anyhow.

BTW, someone should use that as a screenname..."Truth".  How ego lifting is that?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 30, 2010, 11:19:15 PM

But Benn is not showing much at all.  At least in preseason.

There are other WRs like Spurlock, Williams (a rook obviously), Stroughter who are showing they can ball.  Benn is raising eyebrows and creating tension because he has not flashed much at all...

BTW, someone should use that as a screenname..."Truth".  How ego lifting is that?

What sucks is that it may take him 3 or 4 years to come around, if ever, and they are pretty much committed to holding a roster spot for him (at least in the short term) because of where he was drafted. It's not like they can tuck him away on the practice squad and open up the roster spot for a player who might make a more immediate impact.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 31, 2010, 12:23:57 AM

But Benn is not showing much at all. At least in preseason.

There are other WRs like Spurlock, Williams (a rook obviously), Stroughter who are showing they can ball. Benn is raising eyebrows and creating tension because he has not flashed much at all...

BTW, someone should use that as a screenname..."Truth". How ego lifting is that?

What sucks is that it may take him 3 or 4 years to come around, if ever, and they are pretty much committed to holding a roster spot for him (at least in the short term) because of where he was drafted. It's not like they can tuck him away on the practice squad and open up the roster spot for a player who might make a more immediate impact.
Ahhh...the dreaded Clayton syndrome.

Hopefully, Dominik will have learned from his mistakes (Should Benn suck).

I dunno what to think of Rejus.  All I know is, he is doing nada in preseason, in a roster full of wideouts who have to prove themselves...in order to maintain a roster spot based on performance.  Not draft position.

Sad.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 31, 2010, 12:31:06 AM

Well, he had no problem cutting 2nd round pick, Dexter Jackson, after only one season.......but, then again, that wasn't one of HIS draft picks.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 31, 2010, 12:36:35 AM

Well, he had no problem cutting 2nd round pick, Dexter Jackson, after only one season.......but, then again, that wasn't one of HIS draft picks.
Eggzactly. 

But the head scratcher is the Clayton resign.

Why would he do that?  I mean, I know the lineup was thin at the start of FA period, but Clayton did not warrant that money based on years and years and years and years and years of futility.

It was not like Clayton had a legit excuse for why he stunk for soooo long.

But to reward that playa for nothing?  It sounds like panic mode to me...Dominik was new to the big game, and he simply panicked.  wideouts are vital when they can catch and make plays...not when they fit into your plans to merely block.

Cutting a guy like Dexter was something even the most simple minded man can make.  I do not credit Dominik for that...that was no brainer.  Sort of like Clayton THIS yer is.

Just cut the dud.  Watch the emoticons with the colon (shift)0 happen!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 31, 2010, 12:36:51 AM

Benn has more potential than ANY receiver on this roster. Benn just isn't comfortable with the offense yet. I'll take his potential over these pre-season studs i.e. Spurlock. Looking at Benn he isn't playing at full speed, looks like he is in a walk through. He isn't sure if he is in the right position, running the right routes, etc.... He looks like a rookie.

He came from a spread offense from Illinois, the transition is tough.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 31, 2010, 12:38:09 AM

Benn has more potential than ANY receiver on this roster. Benn just isn't comfortable with the offense yet. I'll take his potential over these pre-season studs i.e. Spurlock. Looking at Benn he isn't playing at full speed, looks like he is in a walk through. He isn't sure if he is in the right position, running the right routes, etc.... He looks like a rookie.

More potential than MW19?

I doubt that, but either way, one or the other...I will be happy if they perform.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 31, 2010, 12:41:48 AM

I doubt that, but either way, one or the other...I will be happy if they perform.
I think so. Benn is a beast after the catch, terrific ability to make catches in traffic, good ball skills, and also a good route runner. Both players are quite similar except Benn is better and does more damage after the catch. He's so big and strong he just breaks tackles and gets the YAC we'll need when teams start to drop their safeties back when Williams catches bombs. Give him time, he will come around. I've been following him for 3 years, I'd be shocked if he sucked.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 31, 2010, 12:44:21 AM

I think so. Benn is a beast after the catch, terrific ability to make catches in traffic, good ball skills, and also a good route runner. Both players are quite similar except Benn is better and does more damage after the catch. He's so big and strong he just breaks tackles and gets the YAC we'll need when teams start to drop their safeties back when Williams catches bombs. Give him time, he will come around. I've been following him for 3 years, I'd be shocked if he sucked.

The only problem with that (as we well learned with Clayton) is that the first thing a receiver must do before he can obtain YAC is make the catch.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#27 : August 31, 2010, 01:00:47 AM

Agreed, well put.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 31, 2010, 01:05:33 AM

Just because he is slow to pick it up doesn't mean that he will never pick it up. Eventually, Mike Williams should help Benn's cause once Benn makes it into the lineup because Williams will be catching tons of balls and commanding double, and triple teams sometimes. Throw K2 bad azz, and Sammy legend out there and the opposing defense is going to have issues. Major issues. We have playmakers. Benn can run around and flatten safeties all day and catch 30-40 balls for all I care if it all works out. We may see some serious flashes of offense this year. Benn may not be too much a part of it. Cross the fingers we don't lose a lineman, and pass the popcorn. I think we may have a real NFL offense, fellas.

Benn is the least of my worries. He will probably start next year, and even if he never works out, we have Sammy, and Mike Williams from the last two drafts. That's not bad.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 31, 2010, 01:07:46 AM

Or, then again, it could be the fact that Benn has only made one catch so far and looks like he is out there running around in slow motion. It's one or the other.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR ALERT: MORRIS TALKS ABOUT BENN'S DEVELOPMENT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools