Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR REACTS: PETER KING PREDICTS 2-14 SEASON FOR BUCS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

PewterReportWH

Starter
: August 31, 2010, 10:59:03 AM

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/7405

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 31, 2010, 11:06:23 AM

No

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 31, 2010, 11:09:13 AM

No what? Please elaborate. No they won't win two? No PR is wrong?

In Verner We Trust

Hit-55

Starter

#3 : August 31, 2010, 11:13:05 AM

I'll take that bet Mr King. I don't see our team making the playoffs this year but do see us winning 5-6 games as PR stated. I could see 8 being possible but that is winning all the games we should. I am not sure we are consistant enough to do that yet but I don't feel we will take a step back.

We started the rebuilding last year and took our beatings. We are a year into it and have added some good talent. We still have needs but not as many as last year. Peter King is an idoit for thinking 2 wins.

Fire the cannons!!!

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 31, 2010, 11:13:54 AM

No what? Please elaborate. No they won't win two? No PR is wrong?

Just no, the team isn't going to only win 2 games.

A full year of Raheem at D-Coordinator, improved DT play, an easy schedule, better WR play, Josh Freeman for an entire year. 6 to 7 wins is where I'm seeing it.

BucsRule80

Starter

#5 : August 31, 2010, 11:25:27 AM

It's amazing how clueless some of these analysts are and they get paid to write **CENSORED** like that.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 31, 2010, 11:34:39 AM

just got my ESPN Mag. the NFL issue and they have us going 8-8

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#7 : August 31, 2010, 11:37:22 AM

Right now, I'm feeling like its going to be 6-8 wins with a possibility of 10 if we get a lot of lucky breaks. This team has playmakers but we still need these young guys to gain more experience and we still have depth issues at certain positions.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#8 : August 31, 2010, 11:47:23 AM

Even Java predicted like 4-5 wins. 2 is not thought out at all.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 31, 2010, 11:56:37 AM

Even Java predicted like 4-5 wins. 2 is not thought out at all.

It's bias.

He claimed they would suck again, and he hates to be wrong. No wonder there....

But how in the holy-hell does anyone think "worse??" ...Did they even see the abomination of a season we had last year? We still pulled out 3 wins, when everyone was wondering if we'd win none. With a rookie QB, bad situations involving BOTH the actual playmakers/callers, and a VERY bad DL nonetheless. If it were to be like that THIS season, I could understand, but it's not.

How is it possible that people are really that dumb?

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 31, 2010, 12:03:55 PM

I have no problem with the national media seeing Freeman and RM and not being impressed.  I do think its odd that he predicts a worse season than last year though.  

Not sure who we lost that makes him think that?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 31, 2010, 12:07:37 PM

I have no problem with the national media seeing Freeman and RM and not being impressed.  I do think its odd that he predicts a worse season than last year though. 

I doubt there's a ton of thought going into things by the time these guys get to writing about the teams they feel will be the worst in the league.....and they likely have every right to think that.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#12 : August 31, 2010, 12:14:18 PM

I have no problem with the national media seeing Freeman and RM and not being impressed. I do think its odd that he predicts a worse season than last year though.

I doubt there's a ton of thought going into things by the time these guys get to writing about the teams they feel will be the worst in the league.....and they likely have every right to think that.

I guess its not in their job description to know everything about every team rather act like they know everything about every team. The only teams they really have to do their homework are on the best teams in the league and the media favorites. After that nobody cares and rightfully so. However if I was doing his job I would be interested in every team and want to know everything about every team.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 31, 2010, 12:19:39 PM

It is the man's job, and there are only 32 teams out there for goodness sake.  He has access to every team up to and including GM's and coaches.  I am sure he has access to interns to produce analysis. 

FF geeks with real jobs on the side seem to know more about the 3 deep than most of these hacks do. 

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 31, 2010, 12:20:06 PM

I have no problem with the national media seeing Freeman and RM and not being impressed. I do think its odd that he predicts a worse season than last year though.

I guess its not in their job description to know everything about every team rather act like they know everything about every team. The only teams they really have to do their homework are on the best teams in the league and the media favorites. After that nobody cares and rightfully so. However if I was doing his job I would be interested in every team and want to know everything about every team.

Well...I guess there's reality and a shangri-la view of how reporters do their jobs. Whatever time they spend on articles such as these...I'd imagine most of it is spent on the teams they expect to do well.

I can't understand why any Bucs fan would think that a team which played as poorly last season and didn't do anything more in the off season than any other team would be looked upon as anything much more than what they did last season. It's relatively simple. If the team and the fans of that team want some respect nationally they are going to have to prove it on the field.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR REACTS: PETER KING PREDICTS 2-14 SEASON FOR BUCS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools