Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR REACTS: PETER KING PREDICTS 2-14 SEASON FOR BUCS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 31, 2010, 12:23:04 PM

It is the man's job, and there are only 32 teams out there for goodness sake. He has access to every team up to and including GM's and coaches. I am sure he has access to interns to produce analysis.

FF geeks with real jobs on the side seem to know more about the 3 deep than most of these hacks do.

So I guess the vast majority of the media simply doesn't get that the Bucs have morphed into a juggernaut 6-8 win team.

If one doesn't really respect these particular writers why do the panties get in a bunch about what they write when it doesn't fit whatever view one wants them to?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 31, 2010, 12:28:34 PM

It is the man's job, and there are only 32 teams out there for goodness sake. He has access to every team up to and including GM's and coaches. I am sure he has access to interns to produce analysis.

FF geeks with real jobs on the side seem to know more about the 3 deep than most of these hacks do.

So I guess the vast majority of the media simply doesn't get that the Bucs have morphed into a juggernaut 6-8 win team.

If one doesn't really respect these particular writers why do the panties get in a bunch about what they write when it doesn't fit whatever view one wants them to?

I am not upset about King's opinion that the Bucs are a bad team.  I personally think the Bucs are likely a 6 win team at worst but with some interesting story lines with such a young team with "potential" elite players. 

I just think that the analysis doesn't show a whole lot of effort and gray matter.  With the type of information available these days, there is no excuse for that. 

obuc

Starter

#17 : August 31, 2010, 12:33:55 PM

Who will we take with the first pick in next years draft?

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#18 : August 31, 2010, 12:37:36 PM

If were top 5 then that DE from NC is a good option but I dont think we will be in the top 5 drafting next year.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 31, 2010, 12:48:25 PM

The best guard available

Booker

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 31, 2010, 12:56:08 PM

Where is the intelligence in thinking we get worse with an easier schedule, stable coaches and players, new playmakers. No way we win only 2

#21 : August 31, 2010, 01:35:46 PM

only 2 wins with this ridiculously easy schedule is a joke.  I think Chamberlin High School could get two wins with this schedule...    st Louis, Detroit, Cleveland, Seattle, Carolina (twice) and Byron Leftwich on Pitts...   and two wins?  hahahaha

Hit-55

Starter

#22 : August 31, 2010, 02:30:26 PM

Maybe he really didn't like the oatmeal when he was here. Haha. Maybe if he'd took time to actually watch he might have a better idea of what is going on with the Bucs. I don't think we take a step back.

Fire the cannons!!!

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 31, 2010, 02:52:59 PM

In general..predicting teams to the extreme on either end is not sound analysis but I guess he's got to write something. That includes teams who may or may not go 14-2 and teams that may or may not go 2-14.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 31, 2010, 03:27:59 PM

If he was basing his analysis on Bryant leaving, I'm guessing he didn't get the Cinci memo or watch Mike Williams play?

Now, if he's basing it on Rah's performance last year, and believes he'll be that bad again, then I guess it's understandable. Hard to believe in a 3-13 HC. But it's even harder to believe that same HC would have a season after even worse than that. At this point, he KNOWS he's dogmeat and needs to improve. Which is certainly better than last year, with no understanding of where they were as a team or no "barometer" to work with from the get-go.

...Peter King reminds me of Java, except I don't have to put up with him quite as often.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 31, 2010, 04:19:23 PM

King's still pissed that someone put too much salt in his oatmeal (while he wasn't looking) when he visited OBP during training camp.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 31, 2010, 04:24:33 PM

It would be ridiculous if we were worse than last season.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 31, 2010, 10:54:19 PM

This is really a perfect example of why the national media is a joke and not worth fussing over when they disagree.

Here's what we see(and by "we", I mean people not named Java/LoganBucs): Last year was our first year of rebuilding and it was ugly. Our OC got fired right before the season started and we began the year with Leftwich. Our DC was also horrible and got fired later in the year. However, there is plenty of room for improvement. The team went 3-6 under Freeman, our defense was top 10 in total yardage and points allowed during the weeks that Raheem took over as DC, we improved the WR and DL positions, and our schedule is much easier this year.

Here's what the national media sees: The Bucs? Aren't they one of those small market teams? Do we HAVE to cover them? Can't we just jack off to the Jets more? Ok fine...let's look at their record last year...3-13. Okay, so they suck. Now let's look at their offseason...oh, they lost Antonio Bryant? Well I've heard of him so he must be like half their offense. Therefore they must be worse this year. 2-14, that's my prediction. Now can we get back to Hard Knocks? I want to see Rex Ryan yell more because he coaches a team from New York!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 31, 2010, 11:39:32 PM

just got my ESPN Mag. the NFL issue and they have us going 8-8

I think that was a computer simulation. It doesnt take in the fact that we are relying on rookies and unqualified coaches.

2-14 is unacceptable. We went 3-13 with a more difficult schedule and chasos in the coaching ranks with the coordinators being fired.

2-14 would mean this team is going in the wrong direction and Morris will have to be canned. Even Dominik said that the team must show improvement THIS year.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 01, 2010, 12:03:28 AM

just got my ESPN Mag. the NFL issue and they have us going 8-8

I think that was a computer simulation. It doesnt take in the fact that we are relying on rookies and unqualified coaches.

2-14 is unacceptable. We went 3-13 with a more difficult schedule and chasos in the coaching ranks with the coordinators being fired.

2-14 would mean this team is going in the wrong direction and Morris will have to be canned. Even Dominik said that the team must show improvement THIS year.

With this schedule we should win no less than 6 games this year.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR REACTS: PETER KING PREDICTS 2-14 SEASON FOR BUCS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools