Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR REACTS: PETER KING PREDICTS 2-14 SEASON FOR BUCS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 01, 2010, 09:48:49 AM

This is really a perfect example of why the national media is a joke and not worth fussing over when they disagree.

Here's what we see(and by "we", I mean people not named Java/LoganBucs): Last year was our first year of rebuilding and it was ugly. Our OC got fired right before the season started and we began the year with Leftwich. Our DC was also horrible and got fired later in the year. However, there is plenty of room for improvement. The team went 3-6 under Freeman, our defense was top 10 in total yardage and points allowed during the weeks that Raheem took over as DC, we improved the WR and DL positions, and our schedule is much easier this year.

Here's what the national media sees: The Bucs? Aren't they one of those small market teams? Do we HAVE to cover them? Can't we just jack off to the Jets more? Ok fine...let's look at their record last year...3-13. Okay, so they suck. Now let's look at their offseason...oh, they lost Antonio Bryant? Well I've heard of him so he must be like half their offense. Therefore they must be worse this year. 2-14, that's my prediction. Now can we get back to Hard Knocks? I want to see Rex Ryan yell more because he coaches a team from New York!

1. That's awesomely funny. I hope like hell the jets and Giants get only 2 wins.

and 2. "Transplants" have killed many teams financially. What's up with all the york homers? If they like the place so much, go stay there maybe?  Makes me sick that half of florida is damn yankee fans. They aren't supporting their economy. Well they are.... but it's more like the illegal immigration debate.... just send that money home and screw this "home" we're at right now...we're just visiting.

Homers like this King fellow will help run down the entire NFL by picking only the teams he likes. Eventually the small-market teams will have no option than to close up shop. Not enough reporting, or let alone, positive reporting in this horrible economy. Even though he does not have that power, there are ALOT of folks who should support their local team, and not some team they'll never even go watch in real life in some other state.

#31 : September 01, 2010, 12:55:47 PM

Here's Kings video analysis of the Bucs...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/nfl/2010/08/31/090110.king_bucs.SportsIllustrated/

says "...win 2,3,4 games - whatever..."

"...2010 bucs are about developing the kids..."

X Factor

Starter
#32 : September 01, 2010, 01:01:08 PM

Has King ever made a correct prediction? These big name media guys don't do much of there own research, ESPN is pretty horrible to.

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Madman

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 01, 2010, 07:01:56 PM

Let's not forget this team won 3 games last year and the starting QB has his thumb in a cast.

While I think this team *can* win five games with this soft schedule, a 2 win prediction isn't exactly CRAZY.

jizzy_22

Starter

#34 : September 01, 2010, 07:10:18 PM

i think the first game of the season is key...i think we are better than the Browns and how can you say we are going to do worst this year than last year? the schedule is alot weaker and i think the team is more ready than last year...morris has a better understanding of what it takes to be a head coach..the team is better than it was last year...i see us making a run with the falcons in the playoffs...saints will flop this year

AcuraT

Starter

#35 : September 01, 2010, 10:09:51 PM

Actualy, I give Peter King credit.  He points out two games the Bucs must win in order to a lot better than 2-14.  Cleveland and Pittsburg.  Cleveland like the Bucs was gosh awful last year.  Pittsburgh will not have Ben to QB.  If the Bucs cannot win either, I am not sure where they will get three wins from.  Please don't tell me Carolina is one and Altanta could be one.  Yes, they could be - but they could be four losses just as easly.  Detroit is another win hopefully, but with so many things betting on unproven talent, a lot has to go right to do better than say 5 wins - and that may even be a stretch.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 01, 2010, 10:42:50 PM

Detroit is another win hopefully, but with so many things betting on unproven talent, a lot has to go right to do better than say 5 wins - and that may even be a stretch.

If we're going to use the "we have added more talent" angle for the Bucs, it doesn't work here because the Lions added...arguably....more talent. I don't look at the Detroit game as a lock for a win at all.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

X Factor

Starter
#37 : September 01, 2010, 11:39:16 PM

but with so many things betting on unproven talent, a lot has to go right to do better than say 5 wins - and that may even be a stretch.

meh... I will bet my house that McCoy/Miller will be better then Hovan/Simms from the rip... I will bet Mike Williams puts up way better numbers then what our leading WR had last year.
Then throw in upgrades at the SS/OG/DB - 2nd year QB - won't say easy but a more favorable schedule then last year.

Don't really see how 7-8 games is a stretch... Maybe if we fire Olsen this week and Alex Van Pelt is promoted to OC, Sabby wins his job back, Mack wins the nickel, we resign AB and make him the number 1, Clayton goes off in tommorow nights game and he wins the #2 spot back, TJ gets suspended again then yea I can see us going 2-14 or worse...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 02, 2010, 12:31:12 AM

but with so many things betting on unproven talent, a lot has to go right to do better than say 5 wins - and that may even be a stretch.

meh... I will bet my house that McCoy/Miller will be better then Hovan/Simms from the rip... I will bet Mike Williams puts up way better numbers then what our leading WR had last year.
Then throw in upgrades at the SS/OG/DB - 2nd year QB - won't say easy but a more favorable schedule then last year.

Don't really see how 7-8 games is a stretch... Maybe if we fire Olsen this week and Alex Van Pelt is promoted to OC, Sabby wins his job back, Mack wins the nickel, we resign AB and make him the number 1, Clayton goes off in tommorow nights game and he wins the #2 spot back, TJ gets suspended again then yea I can see us going 2-14 or worse...

Bravo!! C'mon you were just getting started.....keep it going. LMAO.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

shawn731

Starter

#39 : September 02, 2010, 08:29:57 AM

I cannot stand most media contributers (King, Sileo, etc...).  ESPN and NFL network is supposed to cover the whole sport of football, and that happens 10% of the time.  Right now no one cares about the bottom 8 teams. They never will.  Lets see what happens, but 2-14 is harsh.  I wonder who does he think we win against?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#40 : September 02, 2010, 08:55:14 AM

This team lacks leadership, has very inexperienced coaches and players on both sides of the ball, and owners who don't pay their players.

King is right. This is one of the NFL's worst teams.

#41 : September 02, 2010, 09:06:45 AM

lol @ Morgan.

Glass is empty apparently.

#42 : September 02, 2010, 01:05:43 PM

and the rest of the rabble chimes in...

Vic Carucci
The Bucs are young, but should make some strides. Josh Freeman must prove the flashes he showed as a rookie were no fluke.
Prediction: 7-9, third in NFC South

Steve Wyche
Bucs could make fairly sizeable strides because they have talent at key spots. CB Aqib Talib should emerge in hunt for Pro Bowl spot.
Prediction: 7-9, third in NFC South

Pat Kirwan
Josh Freeman will lead Bucs to great things, but not this season. Receivers have to be better and defense is relying on rookies.
Prediction: 4-12, last in NFC South

Bucky Brooks
Although they finish at the bottom of the division, the progress shown behind a talented, young nucleus provides hope for the future.
Prediction: 6-10, last in NFC South

Jason La Canfora
They dn't have the horses to compete yet. If the rookie wide receivers don't step up ASAP it could be really bleak for Bucs.
Prediction: 4-12, last in NFC South

Michael Lombardi
Buccaneers are extremely young and do not have the experience to play well for the entire season.
Prediction: 5-11, last in NFC South

#43 : September 02, 2010, 02:42:04 PM

Honestly, I do not see this team winning more than 3 or 4 games this year.  They could not stop the run last year and could not run the ball either.  What have they done to improve?  A couple of unproven rookies, oh boy!   

PewterReportWH

Starter
#44 : August 31, 2010, 10:59:03 AM

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/7405
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR REACTS: PETER KING PREDICTS 2-14 SEASON FOR BUCS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools