Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS CUT RB DERRICK WARD & WR NUNN, LB ALSTON TO IR « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

MilkmanDan

Second String

#135 : August 31, 2010, 05:47:56 PM

One down, TWO to go.  Clayton and Piscatelli need to go next.

bucshot420

Starter

#136 : August 31, 2010, 06:21:52 PM

Glad this happened..Every time Ward was in the ballgame I wanted to pull my hair out at the prospect of him wasting a down for us.  As far as Huggins, I would much rather see Carlos Brown tote the ball.  Why take a chance of Huggy-Bear getting injured in the last meaningless preseason game? :: knocks on wood::  Clayton time to clean out your locker, because your next

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#137 : August 31, 2010, 06:43:00 PM

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#138 : August 31, 2010, 06:47:48 PM

Ever seen a lamborghini repo'd before?

X Factor

Starter
#139 : August 31, 2010, 07:02:56 PM

Ever seen a lamborghini repo'd before?

:D

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#140 : August 31, 2010, 09:45:41 PM

As most of us know, Ward was signed last season to be the heir-apparent to Caddie, whose career at the time appeared to be in serious jeopardy. When Caddie came back better than ever last year, and now with the emerging of a much younger Huggins this pre-season, Ward, at his age and contract, is no longer a good fit here. So, it makes good sense to me to release him now.
I wouldn't characterize Ward's status post-signing as Williams' heir apparent. I always just looked at him as an expensive insurance policy/3rd down back. I thought he'd be better than he was, but I never anticipated him being a featured back.

I thought he was brought in to replace Dunn...IOW...split carries with Caddy or Graham.
Exactly. We ended 2008 with two tailbacks on IR.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

pewterpirates

Starter
#141 : August 31, 2010, 11:39:02 PM

hes fat as f!*k

I just can't see my boy Tebow playing in any other jersey except the ol' Bucs.  If someone else ends up stealing him from us I will have a hard time staying a hardcore Bucs fan for life. 
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS CUT RB DERRICK WARD & WR NUNN, LB ALSTON TO IR « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools