Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1st game will show how much heart we have. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 01, 2010, 07:20:43 PM

First of all... Freeman will be ready... I'm not concerned about that.

You shoud be. I'll be really surprised if he's ready for the opener. That's a 6 week injury according to the doctors I've asked.

It's a 6 week injury if you are NOT getting paid millions of dollars to perform over a 16 week period each year.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 01, 2010, 07:27:33 PM

Spoke with a doctor and he told me without seeing the xrays he couldn't tell me anything about the injury.  You must know some smart doctors Madman -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

NFCSouthChamps2008

Practice Squad

#17 : September 01, 2010, 07:28:44 PM

You shoud be. I'll be really surprised if he's ready for the opener. That's a 6 week injury according to the doctors I've asked.

It's a 6 week injury if you are NOT getting paid millions of dollars to perform over a 16 week period each year.

Its also hairline at the tip...its NOT a full compound broken thumb.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#18 : August 31, 2010, 03:56:26 PM

I'm excited and worried about the opener at the same time. I'm concerned about Freeman possibly not playing and Talib out. The bucs are really going to have to give a team effort and rally around JJ if he has to go. I think if we win the game ( which we will :) ) it will give this team a lot of confidence for the rest of the year.  GO BUCS!!!

bucsmontana

Second String

#19 : August 31, 2010, 04:14:41 PM

I agree this game is going to mean a lot for the morale of the team. If we can pull out a W in week one, week 2 is a lot more winable. Same with week 3 against the Steelers without Big Ben. A lot rides on the first game of the season in my opinion.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 31, 2010, 04:42:37 PM

It's really just the principle of telling a team their star corner can't play A WEEK AND A HALF BEFORE THE OPENER. Just complete trash.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#21 : August 31, 2010, 04:50:58 PM

It's really just the principle of telling a team their star corner can't play A WEEK AND A HALF BEFORE THE OPENER. Just complete trash.

I think he will be ready as well. I'm just saying IF somehow he wasn't.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#22 : August 31, 2010, 04:55:21 PM

I think this gives us a good chance to look at CB depth. Im really not that worried about Rhonde. He's in great shape and that showed in the pre-season game. He's playing back in the tampa two, and he's one of the smarters players in the NFL. I really want to see how Biggers (who I assume will start) reacts.

For the most part, our secondary is pretty experinced Jackson, Jones and Barber. We should be fine.

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 31, 2010, 04:58:20 PM

The run game will have to bring it this game. The bucs are lucky that Rogers won't be ready because that guy is the motor in that defense. I think Biggers will hold up starting against the Browns wrs, but somebody will have to contain cribbs.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#24 : August 31, 2010, 05:07:11 PM

I think this gives us a good chance to look at CB depth. Im really not that worried about Rhonde. He's in great shape and that showed in the pre-season game. He's playing back in the tampa two, and he's one of the smarters players in the NFL. I really want to see how Biggers (who I assume will start) reacts.

For the most part, our secondary is pretty experinced Jackson, Jones and Barber. We should be fine.

Its not like Cleveland is a high powered passing attack.  I think this game may be the biggest week 1 game for any team in terms of determining how a teams season will unfold.  We need to win a few more games this year and opening the season at home with one of the weakest opponents we're going to see all year is as close as it ever gets to a must win in a week 1 game.  A win would be as much a positive influence as the loss would be an extreme negative to team morale.  I think the team has to be going into that game with the mindset that losing is not an option so if they do lose... look out Detroit Lions.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 31, 2010, 05:56:01 PM

Looking for the Bucs to do a lot of out-hustling and out-heart-ing other teams to win. Overall, I think this team had more dedication this offseason than most teams around the league. Not a lot of guys have a lax mindset.

I wish it were allowable to pick the game of suspension.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

#26 : September 01, 2010, 04:27:22 AM

Having Talib out week 1 is a lot better than any other week. Browns WRs SUCK.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 01, 2010, 05:07:36 AM

Panthers game is lookng more winable than previously thought. Their defense is looking strong but their offense is looking bad. They've had zero offensive touchdowns in 3 pre-season games. If the Bucs can slow down their running attack, that game can be won.

#28 : September 01, 2010, 05:18:41 AM

Panthers game is lookng more winable than previously thought. Their defense is looking strong but their offense is looking bad. They've had zero offensive touchdowns in 3 pre-season games. If the Bucs can slow down their running attack, that game can be won.
Yeah, only problem being is...our run D is terrible.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 01, 2010, 07:52:37 AM

Having Talib out week 1 is a lot better than any other week. Browns WRs SUCK.

Yeah, I don't know of another game where I couldn't name the guy on the other team WR's that worried me.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1st game will show how much heart we have. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools