Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1st game will show how much heart we have. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 01, 2010, 09:44:37 AM

Panthers game is lookng more winable than previously thought. Their defense is looking strong but their offense is looking bad. They've had zero offensive touchdowns in 3 pre-season games. If the Bucs can slow down their running attack, that game can be won.
Yeah, only problem being is...our run D is terrible.
You don't know that for a fact. The Rams couldn't beat the Patriots if they played a thousand regular season games. We're a week away from the regular season.

Carolina has focused it's offense on the passing game. They're trying to determine who should start at QB. Their ground attack was 4th in the league last year. I'm sure they expect to pick up where they left off with that. Week two will tell us where our run D stands. Cleveland is just a tuneup in comparison.

zepkin

Second String

#31 : September 01, 2010, 09:54:22 AM

Momentum does a lot for a young team.  A win week 1 will be just what the Bucs need.  I wish the Steelers would have Leftwich and his slow wind-up throwing in week 3, but it looks like Dennis Dixon will be the starter until Drunk Ben is back.

Get off the Poopdeck!

shawn731

Starter

#32 : September 01, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Delhomme is key.  He has a knack for pulling the rug from underneath us in the forth quarter.  But remember its also a real game, where our starters play full time.  Im excited.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#33 : September 01, 2010, 10:19:45 AM

Momentum does a lot for a young team. A win week 1 will be just what the Bucs need. I wish the Steelers would have Leftwich and his slow wind-up throwing in week 3, but it looks like Dennis Dixon will be the starter until Drunk Ben is back.

I don't think it will matter.  I'll trade the slow wind up for inexperience any day.  either way we have a better chance than we would have if Big Ben was playing.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 01, 2010, 07:10:01 PM

First of all... Freeman will be ready... I'm not concerned about that.

You shoud be. I'll be really surprised if he's ready for the opener. That's a 6 week injury according to the doctors I've asked.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 01, 2010, 07:20:43 PM

You shoud be. I'll be really surprised if he's ready for the opener. That's a 6 week injury according to the doctors I've asked.

It's a 6 week injury if you are NOT getting paid millions of dollars to perform over a 16 week period each year.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 01, 2010, 07:27:33 PM

Spoke with a doctor and he told me without seeing the xrays he couldn't tell me anything about the injury.  You must know some smart doctors Madman -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

NFCSouthChamps2008

Practice Squad

#37 : September 01, 2010, 07:28:44 PM

It's a 6 week injury if you are NOT getting paid millions of dollars to perform over a 16 week period each year.

Its also hairline at the tip...its NOT a full compound broken thumb.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1st game will show how much heart we have. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools