Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IS THERE ANY ENVELOPE LEFT TO PUSH????? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17

BucNative

Starter

ę #240 : September 09, 2010, 10:26:10 PM Ľ

Plus how do you not know that the Lord isnt trying to lead you into truth now by using me and this forum?

To lead me into the truth that Jesus Christ and the Father are not one? ¬†Well, because I know the Lord in deep way. ¬†He is flesh of my flesh and bone of my bone (spiritually speaking). ¬†In other words, I'm a part of Him, and the spirit that He has placed inside of me testifies to the fact that He and the Father are one. Christ is never going to lead me into anything that takes me away from His preeminence, because like the apostles said, He has the preeminence in all things in the new creation. ¬†Anything that seeks to move Christ out of His preeminent position is a move away from truth, because like I said, ¬†He is the truth. ¬†Truth is a person. ¬†In fact, all that we have as Christians is a person. ¬†Hope is a person, Love is a person, Life is a person, Joy, Faithfullness, Peace, Patience is all found in the person of the Lord Jesus and we only possess it by drawing closer to Him. 

We draw closer to Him by presenting ourselves a living sacrifice and allowing Him to deal with our flesh through the things that we suffer, whether self inflicted or not.  Its the things that we suffer that the Lord uses to divide us asunder, seprating soul from spirit and circumsizing our hearts.  Showing us the great chasm between His ways and our ways.  We see that He is all things and that apart from Him we are utterly bankrupt and capable of producing nothing in terms of spiritual life and fruit.  When He has done that work, THEN He can open up the scriptures to us.  Before He's dealt with the flesh in that way, we will only understand the milk of the word, not the meat.  It doesn't matter if we've read the Bible 100 times over, God must deal with the veil of the flesh before He can open up the heavens and pour out His revalation in scripture that He has hidden right in front of our faces for years.  So, I have to disagree with some of the other Christians here in that God DOES hide himself.

He hides Himself from the natural man because it is enmity with God, and only responds to our surrendered heart.  Thats why it seems hard for the unbeliever to find Him, because the truth is YOU DON'T WANT HIM.  What you want it to know some higher truth, but not at the expense of a surrendered life.  You want to live your way, according to your thoughts, to have what you want, when you want it.  To have your heart married to anything in the world that you want to marry it to, and you want to have God too, and the truth is God will never meet a man in that place.  God will meet a man when he comes to the place where he realizes his desperate need for God.  When he sees the emptiness of all that the world has to offer, and when he sees that all that the world has offered him and all that he has partaken of is nothing, and to see that the problem lies within himself and his own choices that he made to put himself in that place.  If a person cries out to God from that place, God will always meet the man there.

Anyway, I got off track there for a minute, but back to the point of Christ's divinity. So the spirit within us testifies to the fact of His divinity, but the scripture points to it as well, in a more direct way.

For instance how do you reconcile scriptures like Isaiah 6,7

For to us a child is born,
 ¬† ¬† ¬† to us a son is given,
 ¬† ¬† ¬† and the government will be on his shoulders.
 ¬† ¬† ¬† And he will be called
 ¬† ¬† ¬† Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
 ¬† ¬† ¬† Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace
 ¬† ¬† ¬† there will be no end.
 ¬† ¬† ¬† He will reign on David's throne
 ¬† ¬† ¬† and over his kingdom,
 ¬† ¬† ¬† establishing and upholding it
 ¬† ¬† ¬† with justice and righteousness
 ¬† ¬† ¬† from that time on and forever.
 ¬† ¬† ¬† The zeal of the LORD Almighty
 ¬† ¬† ¬† will accomplish this.

This clearly say his name will be called MIGHTY GOD, EVERLASTING FATHER.  

or John 1 which says the word WAS GOD and the word became flesh and dwelt among us.

So the passage tells us that Jesus Christ was the word of God made flesh, and that the word was God Himself.  

or when Jesus said, "Before Abraham, I am"  and was promplty targeted for stoning for basically saying that He was the same God that had led them out of Egypt and all through their history.

So apart from the very spirit of God testifying to His divinity in us inwardly and the truth of the oneness of the body of Christ and our union with Him and the Father, as He is one with the Father, (the kind of things that you said "scrambled your  eggs" earlier) those are some scriptures directly addressing that truth that I don't know how one can read those and not see that the scriptures point to the fact that Jesus was the incarnation of God in the flesh.

Page: 1 ... 15 16 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IS THERE ANY ENVELOPE LEFT TO PUSH????? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools