Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Multiple FA Visits to OBP Today « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

: March 16, 2007, 03:08:18 PM

Found this in the SPT Bucs Blog and figured it was interesting news.  Looks like alot more than just Charles Grant is going on today.  LB's Cato June and Chris Draft are also visiting the Bucs today.

Cato June visits

The Bucs doors - and maybe their wallets - are flying open to some high-priced free agents today.

Colts free agent linebacker Cato June is visiting the Bucs today, along with Saints defensive end Charles Grant and Carolina free agent linebacker Chris Draft.

The Bucs interest in June, who is a weakside linebacker, might call into question the future of Derrick Brooks.

June led the Colts in tackles last season and was named to the Pro Bowl in 2005. Eventually, the Bucs will have to replace Brooks, who was named to his 10th straight Pro Bowl.

This is believed to be the first free agent visit of any kind for June, who has received lots of interest but many teams have been waiting for his market value to settle.

Grant was given the franchise tag by the Saints. If the Bucs sign him to an offer sheet, New Orleans would have seven days to decide to match the terms of that contract. If the Saints do not match, Tampa Bay would have to compensate the Saints with two first round draft picks.

The Bucs, however, could work out a different trade in exchange for Grant.

It's unlikely a trade for Grant would be completed. Since 1993, only three players have switched teams, none since 1998.

Stay tuned for more details.

Wouldn't mind June at all.  He has his weaknesses but is a good young prospect who could learn from Kiffin and Brooks how to properly play the WILL spot with efficiency.

If they could pull Grant and June that would be a nice haul.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 16, 2007, 03:10:52 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing June at the right price... key is at the right price. I'm not sold on his well known name yet.

Thanks for the info MM

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#2 : March 16, 2007, 03:11:26 PM

I wonder how much Cato June is asking for.  I know that he hasn't recieved much attention from other teams because he was asking for too much.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 16, 2007, 03:12:47 PM

I would hope we give Winborn a shot before we make a big signing like June

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : March 16, 2007, 03:15:49 PM

I wonder if June can play middle linebacker.  Maybe the Bucs know that Shelton Quarles can't play and they might be willing to try June at MLB.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#5 : March 16, 2007, 03:16:09 PM

The Bucs could also try putting Cato June at saftey.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 16, 2007, 03:18:43 PM

I wonder if June can play middle linebacker. Maybe the Bucs know that Shelton Quarles can't play and they might be willing to try June at MLB.
I think June would get flattenned at MLB.  I think he could be very good at Safety, but his price tag would likely be too high for that.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#7 : March 16, 2007, 03:20:50 PM

I think June would get flattenned at MLB. I think he could be very good at Safety, but his price tag would likely be too high for that.

Yeah, you're right.  June isn't built to play MLB and he probally wouldn't be good in run support.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 16, 2007, 03:21:58 PM

June is to small for middle and you'll be wasting his speed and talent there. SS makes sence, but I like him at WSL in two years. But SS for now.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : March 16, 2007, 03:22:31 PM

There is no way June would be playing MLB here. He is smallish as an OLB.

Safety is a possibility but it isn't going to happen.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 16, 2007, 03:25:38 PM

I wonder how much Cato June is asking for.  I know that he hasn't recieved much attention from other teams because he was asking for too much.

He's gonna be asking for a whole lot less than he would have been a few eeeks back. There's just no real market for him right now. We've got a ton of leverage in this case.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 16, 2007, 03:28:30 PM

I would like to see Cato in Pewter. He can play both OLB positions and SS. I think because of his versitility he may still ask for a decent contract and bonus.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 16, 2007, 03:28:42 PM

Wow, June would be a fantastic pick up. Bring him in here. Let him play at Nece' spot till Brooks retires.

klb55

Starter

#13 : March 16, 2007, 03:35:34 PM

Cato June at SS?  I think that is a stretch.  Has he ever played SS in the NFL.  What makes anyone think he can play SS?

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 16, 2007, 03:38:11 PM

I believe he played alot of SS in college(Michigan) or atleast that's what I heard. He's very undersized (6-0, 227lbs) at OLB but he's quick. Sounds like a cover 2 SS to me buddy.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Multiple FA Visits to OBP Today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools